Chapter 64

Hard But Easy

"Yah... stop laughing." I grumbled and threw a pillow at Yuri who was holding her stomach. "This is all because of you."

"I can't stop. I keep thinking of the image of your flustered expression kept replaying in my mind. It was so funny." Yuri continued laughing as I pouted and leaned back against the wall.

(Flashback an hour ago)

As I watched the girls giving each other hugs and waving goodbye to Tiffany and Taeyeon, I sneakily walked towards Sooyoung's car and was just about to pull the car door when I heard my name being called.

"Han Eunjin. Where are you going? You're taking the car with us. Soojung, go and take Sooyoung's car."

I turned behind and grinned awkwardly at Jessica who had a finger pointed to the other car, where Yuri was already making her way to the driver seat. All of us would be returning to the same hotel which Tiffany had made reservations for us. Ever since that encounter with Jessica outside the bathroom, I had been trying my best to avoid her.

"But Unnie, I want to take the same car as Eunjin." Krystal tried to argue.

"Jung Soojung, this is not the time for you to argue. It's just a 30mins drive back to the hotel. And I'm not going to kill your girlfriend anyway." Jessica replied as Krystal pouted.

Krystal was about to say something when Yuri assured her that she would take care of everything, so Krystal had no other choice but to follow her sister's instruction. As she passed by me, I saw that she was still pouting so I just patted her head and told her that I would be fine. Sunny had already drove off earlier with Sulli and Luna hitching her ride back to the hotel. I waited until Krystal was safely inside Sooyoung's car before pulling the car door opened. Soon, Sooyoung's car moved off with Krystal, Yoona and Seohyun in it.

Climbing into the backseat of the car, I stole a glance at Jessica, who had a serious expression on her while Yuri had a dorky grin on her face. I thought that since the distance to the hotel would be just 30mins away, I would just keep quiet and pretended that I was invincible but the moment the car started moving, Jessica already shot me a question.

"Care to explain what happened outside the bathroom earlier?"

(End of flashback)

"Seriously, Yul. Your girlfriend is really scary. I can die just by looking at her stare." I commented as Yuri continued grinning.

"You won't be in so much trouble if you had just been honest with her." Yuri replied as she lied down beside me on the bed. "If you had been honest, you would be sleeping with Krystal instead of me. By the way, I should be angry at you because of this arrangement though."

"Aisshhh.." I hissed at Yuri as I was reminded of my reaction in the car earlier.

(Flashback in the car)

"Ju..Just.. Now?" I stammered a little as I felt the coldness of Jessica's question. "We.. we were.. kissing."

The fact that I caught Yuri giggling a little after my reply, didn't help to calm me down as I felt like strangling her neck from behind.

"Kissing? Just kissing?" Jessica repeated my words as my eyes blinked repeatedly. "Because I saw that both of you were kissing passionately just now. Seems like tongues were involved too."

"Anni, anni... I mean.. Yes, yes... passionate but tongueless.. I mean.. " I paused my own sentence as I saw Jessica's head turned to look at me. "Yes, it was a passionate kiss but there was no tongue involved."

"No tongue yet because I suddenly appeared, right?"

I was caught off-guard with Jessica's question as I accidentally nodded my head. When I realised what I had did, I started shaking my head vigorously and tried to explain that it was not because of that. Yuri started laughing but she stopped when Jessica pinched her.

"You... Don't think I didn't know what you did, Kwon Yuri. I found a receipt of your purchase of that 'item' and since I didn't see it around, I suspected that it was given away. That was the gift that both of you were referring to when we were in Jeju, right?"

My eyes almost popped out when I was reminded of what happened in Jeju. That gift... Jessica found out about that gift. Stupid Kwon Yuri for leaving the receipt around. I looked at Jessica's direction and saw her staring hard at me with folded arms.

"We didn't use it for that night."

(End of flashback)

It seemed that from my reply, Jessica made a correct assumption that it was not our first time being intimate with each other. Initially, I was terrified to face the consequences but I was surprised when Jessica just let out a sigh before turning to face the front.

"Hey, what are you thinking of?"

Yuri's voice broke my thoughts as I just shook my head. The quiet treatment that Jessica gave me throughout the remaining journey was more scary than any other possible punishment. I became more confused when she asked Krystal to stay the night with her while Yuri was to share the room with me.

"What if I tell you that there's nothing to be worried about? Will that ease your mind?" Yuri's questions caused me to look up at her as she just smiled at me.

************************

Krystal's POV

I waited on the bed as I looked around the hotel room. Unnie was in the bathroom taking a shower. Taking a glance at my phone which was by the bedside, I pouted when there was no messages from Eunjin. Then I remembered that Eunjin didn't had her phone with her.

'Don't tell me she's really okay with this arrangement? What actually happened in the car just now?'

I started to pout as those thoughts came to mind and I was reminded of what happened about 30mins ago.

(Flashback)

I sat down on the couch in the hotel's lobby, waiting anxiously. I was worried about Eunjin since I was not sure what Unnie would be doing to her. Knowing how Unnie could be vey harsh with her words, I hope Eunjin would not feel upset about whatever remarks Unnie was planning to say.

"Aish, I'm an adult now. Unnie should not treat me like this." I mumbled to myself before I heard Yoona-unnie's voice.

"Krystal, you're sharing the room with Eunjin, right?" She asked as I nodded my head. "Do you want us to wait with you or will you be fine alone here?"

"It's okay, Yoona-unnie. All of you can proceed back to your rooms first. I'll be fine. I think they should be reaching soon anyway."

With my assurance, the rest of the girls went up to their respective rooms. Sulli and Luna shared a room, Sunny-unnie was with Seohyun and Sooyoung-unnie obviously with Yoona-unnie. Just as the lift doors closed behind them, I heard Unnie's voice calling out to me. Turning my head around, I saw the 3 of them walking towards me. Eunjin seemed to have an unreadable expression on her face while Yuri-unnie was grinning dorkily.

'Is everything okay? Why does Unnie have a poker face? Is Eunjin alright?'

Those thoughts came to mind as I bit my lips, becoming more worried than earlier.

"Soojung-ah, you'll be staying the night with me. Yuri will share a room with Eunjin."

My eyes widened when I heard Unnie's words. Turning my head to look at Eunjin, it seemed like she was surprised too but she immediately smiled when I made eye contact with her. I was about to say something when Unnie added on by saying that it's been awhile since I last spent the night with her and she missed our bonding time.

Hearing her remarks, there was nothing I could argue about anymore. It's like I was torn between my unnie and Eunjin. But then, Eunjin came up to me and gave me a hug and whispered into my ears.

"Nothing happened in the car. Don't worry okay."

Eunjin pulled herself away and smiled at me before patting my head. She turned towards Unnie and bowed slightly before making her way to the reception counter where Yuri-unnie was already waiting to get the room keys for the 4 of us.

(End of flashback)

"Your turn to shower."

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realised that Unnie was done with her shower. She smiled at me while drying her hair as I contemplated about asking her some questions but I ended up looking down.

"I didn't scold or say anything harsh to Eunjin. If that is what you're worried about." Unnie suddenly said as I looked up while she made her way to sit beside me. "I really wanted to spend some time with you tonight. After this trip, I won't know when I'll be able to see you again once you start your classes."

Hearing what Unnie had just said, I realised that she was really sincere about spending bonding time with me. Handing me over a towel, she urged me to take a quick shower since it was almost midnight.

"Let's watch a movie after you're done showering." Unnie suggested as I nodded my head before pushing the bathroom door opened.

It didn't take me long to shower. Maybe because I was still feeling a little nervous with the whole situation or maybe I was eager to find out what happened in the car earlier.

"What if Unnie had threaten Eunjin about not telling me the truth of what happened in the car?" I mumbled as I stared at my own image in the mirror. "Oh my god, Jung Soojung. Why are you acting like this? Since when did you have so little trust in your own sister?" 

While drying my hair, I walked out of the bathroom and saw that Unnie was lying down on the bed, looking at her phone. She noticed my presence and looked up before smiling at me. Climbing onto the bed, she asked about the movie that we were planning to watch.

"Unnie, instead of watching a movie, why don't we chat? I realised that it's been some time since both of us actually had a long sisterly chat like we used to do." I suggested as Unnie nodded her head.

Chatting through the night used to be something that me and Unnie loved to do as we grew up. Those Friday nights would be spend playing around with each other and talking about how our week had been as we stayed up late since there was no school the next day. But ever since Unnie started working and shifting to her own apartment which was nearer to work, those nights became rare.

"First of all, I would like to apologise for not spending as much time with you as before." Unnie started off as I just shook my head to indicate that I understood her busy schedules. "Ever since Yuri came into my life, I seemed to have forgotten about my duties as your unnie."

From her words and expression, I could sense that Sica-unnie was really feeling guilty about it. Shifting myself to move nearer to her, I wrapped my hands across her shoulders and leaned on it.

"Ahhh, Unnie. Don't feel bad. I'm happy for you, seeing how much Yuri-unnie really made you happy. You've been a great unnie to me. Obviously, some of your attention will be diverted when you're in a relationship but I understand it very well. There are times where I would priortise Eunjin too." I replied as I bit my lips, starting to feel bad myself but I felt warm arms wrapping around my shoulders.

"Are you happy, Soojung-ah?"

I looked up and stared at Unnie's face as I nodded my head. A wide smile appeared on her face as she added that she was happy too. We started talking about random topics just like how we used to. About her business and her dreams to expand it further. About my upcoming lectures and being a university student. About our parents and finally, about the loves of our lives.

Unnie was telling me about certain characteristic of Yuri-unnie which she found it charming and also those habits of her that Unnie still found it amusing until now.

"Yuri can't control her facial expression. Sometimes, you will find yourself laughing just by observing her reactions. And she sleeps with her tongue slightly jutting out."

Both of us laughed at the stories and soon, it was my turn to talk about Eunjin. I told Unnie that sometimes I wished that Eunjin was a nobody and not someone of such high status.

"You don't like the idea of having a Director of a big company as your girlfriend? Really?" Unnie seemed surprised at my confession. "Is it because she's always busy with work or because of the people around her? For example, someone like that airline CEO?"

"Both." I answered honestly as she chuckled. "I liked it better when she was still working at the workshop. When she's repairing the cars and her body was smeared with grease, she looked so cool and y. When she twist and turn the equipments, her biceps.. oh my god, it was so...."

I paused when I realised that I almost blurted out the fact that I was actually everytime I observed Eunjin repairing a car. Covering my mouth and stealing a glance at Jessica-unnie, I swallowed my saliva when I saw her staring at me.

"Jung Soojung, why did you pause? Afraid to show how ually attracted you are towards your girlfriend?" Unnie suddenly had a smirk on her face before she started giggling. "Oh my god. I can't believe that Yuri was right. Both you and I really do have similarities in some aspect."

A frown appeared as I tried to understand what Unnie was trying to say. When I finally realised it, my eyes widened as I gasped in excitement.

"Unnie, you find Yuri-unnie attractive when she's repairing cars too?"

"It's not just attractive. She's like oozing with iness." Unnie started giggling like a fangirl as she described certain body parts of Yuri-unnie when she's repairing a car. "Even though Eunjin and Yuri have similar body proportion, I find Yuri more attractive because of her slightly darker skin tone."

I had to laugh along with Sica-unnie when she continued giggling. Suddenly, she placed her hand on my arms causing me to look at her.

"I knew about the gift that Yuri bought for Eunjin." Unnie said as another frown appeared on my face as I was not really sure of what Unnie was talking about. "The so-called perfume that Yuri gave her when we were in Jeju."

Instantly my cheeks started to blush when I was reminded of the incident where I had seen the thing that Sica-unnie was talking about. I was about to say something when my phone rang.

Jessica's POV

"I knew about the gift that Yuri bought for Eunjin." I said as I saw a frown appearing on Soojung's face, looking a little confused. "The so-called perfume that Yuri gave her when we were in Jeju."

There was a slight change in her expression as Soojung blinked her eyes rapidly and cupped her own cheeks. 'She must be feeling embarassed, knowing that I'm aware of what happened.' I thought to myself before the ringing sound of her phone broke the awkward moment.

Soojung looked at me as if asking for permission to answer her call so I just nodded my head and smiled. Reaching out for my own phone, I decided to message Yuri while my sister was on the phone.

Are you asleep yet? What are you doing at the moment? - Jessica

It didn't take long for a reply to come in as I read Yuri's answer.

Watching TV but nothing interesting though. Eunjin's been in the shower for some time now. I hope she didn't fall asleep inside. hehehe... - Yuri

Eunjin must be talking to Soojung. Someone called her just now. - Jessica

At that moment, I overhead Soojung saying that she'll be seeing the person who called her tomorrow and was about to put my phone aside when another message came in.

I don't think they're talking to each other. Didn't Eunjin left her phone at the airport earlier? - Yuri

Yuri's reply caused me to think as I looked up just at the same time as Soojung ended her conversation.

"Soojung-ah, who called you so late at night?"

"Eunjin." Soojung replied nonchalantly as both of us continued staring at each other. She might have guessed the question in my head when she continued talking. "She was using the bathroom phone to call me. You wanted to ask about her phone, right?"

I nodded my head and started feeling guilty. "Honestly, when you replied that it was Eunjin, my first thought was that she lied about leaving her phone behind. No wonder Yuri was saying that she was taking a long time in the bathroom when I messaged her earlier. I'm sorry for judging Eunjin in that manner."

"Eunjin rarely lies to me, Unnie. I won't say that she doesn't lie at all but even if she lied to me, I understood that most of her lies are of good intention. She's really someone that I can trust." Soojung explained with sincerity.

"Which is why you gave yourself to her." I added on as I saw the contemplated look in Soojung's expression. "I'm not going to say anything about that. You're an adult now. You make your own decision. As a sister, I don't have the right to interfere in your life decisions but I want you to know that I'll always be supporting you in everything that you do."

Suddenly, I was embraced into a tight hug as Soojung wrapped her arms around me. She kept repeating her thanks and told me that she loved me a lot.

"But Unnie, since when did you change your opinion? I still remembered how defensive you were when Eunjin tried to be intimate with me and we almost quarrelled about it, remember?" Soojung asked as I nodded my head. "So how did all that change?"

"Because of Yuri. She talked some sense into me."

"I must thank Yuri-unnie for this. I'm so happy to have such a good sister-in-law." Soojung giggled as I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Who says I'm marrying her?" I started to pout and folded my arms as Soojung continued to tease me before I knocked her head slightly. "Even if I'm okay with both of you being intimate, try to be more careful of your surroundings. You were lucky that I was the one who caught both of you earlier, in front of Tiff's bathroom. Imagine if it was someone else. Both of you are going to be teased for at least 2 weeks because of that kiss."

Both of us ended up giggling at each other before we decided to chat about other topics.

************************

"Yes, I understand. I will try to find a way and will get back to you as soon as possible." 

From a distance, I saw Krystal waving her hands at me as I waved back while I was still on the phone. Jessica and Krystal were already at the table and had started their breakfast with the other girls at the hotel's restaurant. Since I was still talking to my secretary, I slowed down my walking so that I could finish up the conversation while Yuri made her way to the table.

"You can continue calling Yuri's number if there's any further changes to update me. Anyway, thanks, Ms Jeon."

The conversation ended just as I was reaching the table as I sat down beside Krystal. 

"Ms Jeon?" Krystal asked as I nodded my head. "Is there a problem at work?"

"Seems like I need to push the meeting a day earlier due to some unforeseen circumstances with the shareholders." 

"So you're flying back tonight?" Yuri interrupted since she heard me talking about it.

"Anni. Not tonight. But most probably tomorrow night. That is provided I could change my return flight. I came here with Jihyun's help, remember?" I said as Yuri nodded her head. "I'll give Harabeoji a call later and see if he can stand in for me, just in case I can't make it back on time."

"Why don't you ask Jihyun for help? She hasn't return to Seoul yet, right?" Taeyeon bluntly asked as I just shook my head slighly before stealing a glance at Krystal, who seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"Anyway, what's good for breakfast?" I changed the topic quickly and looked around at everyone's plate to see what were the choices available before standing up. "I'll go and take a look at the buffet table."

Yuri and I stood up to make our way to the buffet table. While looking around and thinking of what to eat, Yuri came up to stand beside me. Nudging my shoulders, she asked if I was okay. I told her that I was fine.

"Are you sure? You're worried about Krystal being jealous again if you asked Ms Kang for help, am I right?" Yuri tried to guess as I shook my head.

"Anni. I'm trying to solve the matter without anyone's help. If possible, I don't want to burden Harabeoji too. Even though he still holds a position in the company as the advisor, I don't think it will reflect good on my part from the shareholder's view. It's like I can just easily push my responsibilities to other people to do." I explained as Yuri nodded her head and patted my shoulder.

"But sometimes, you do need to seek help from others. I know you are at that position where any help will seems like a lack of your capabilities but you need to get the job done. Furthermore, I think Krystal will understand if you ended up seeking Ms Kang's help."

"I'll think about it. Right now, I'm to hungry to think about work." I grinned as Yuri laughed at me.

Back at the table, the rest of the other girls continued to eat and chat, planning about their activities for the day. All this while, Krystal continued to stare at her food in silent with a frown appearing on her expression once in a while.

"Soojung-ah, wae?" Jessica whispered to her sister, catching Krystal offguard. The young girl grinned sheepishly before shaking her head but the stare from her older sister made her realised that her sister knew that she was lying to her. "Let's talk in the Ladies."

Soon, both sister were staring at the mirrors in the Ladies, touching up on their make-up as Jessica waited for her sister to express her feelings.

"Unnie, what's your impression of that airline CEO?" Krystal shot a question to her sister who paused to think about it.

"She seems nice. Quite humble. From the way she mingled with us at the wedding ceremony, it doesn't seem to show that she's arrogant for someone of her status." Jessica replied truthfully as Krystal let out a sigh. "Why are you asking me that question?"

"I think she's a nice lady too." Kystal said before letting out another sigh. "I know Eunjin might need her help but I think she's not going to ask for it because of me."

"Because of you?" Jessica was a little confused but then she remembered something. "You mean Eunjin is afraid that you'll be jealous again?"

Krystal nodded her head and bit her lips. Jessica patted her sister's head and smiled.

"There's nothing wrong about being jealous because it shows that you care. But you have to understand that you're dating a Director of a company. There are times that she would have to priortise other things beside you. Her decision doesn't only affect the company but sometimes, it affects the lives of thousands whom are working under her." 

Jessica looked at her sister who nodded her head in agreement before they decided to leave the Ladies to return to the table.