Chapter 72

Hard But Easy

Krystal pushed the trolley towards the baggage area as she walked alongside Sulli and Luna. Her expression didn't looked good and so were her friend's. Standing at the side of the conveyor belt, the 3 girls were focussed on looking out for their own luggages.

"Do you girls need any help with the luggages?"

A manly voice was heard behind them as Krystal rolled her eyes without looking back to where the voice came from. She took a deep breathe and folded her arms while gritting her teeth.

"It's okay, Jongin. We can manage. Thanks for the offer, anyway." Luna tried to be polite but it was obvious that she was trying to hold in her anger.

The guy didn't even respond to Luna's remark as he walked forward and grabbed his luggage. Turning to face them, he was now standing directly in front of the 3 girls.

"It's really fate for us to actually fly back to Seoul together. Don't you think so?"

The 3 girls knew that he was actually referring to Krystal but they pretended as if they were busy looking around for their luggages. He even insisted to help them by placing the luggages onto the trolley. Once everything was on it, Jongin was about to push the trolley when Krystal stopped him.

"I'm sorry, Jongin. But I need to go to the Ladies first. I think you don't have to wait for us and we don't want to hold you up too. Thanks for helping us out even though we didn't need it."

It was obvious that Krystal was being sarcastic from her tone of voice but Jongin just smiled and nodded his head.

"Ouhh... I feel like going to the Gents too." Jongin said before walking away towards the restroom.

Seeing that he had already entered the toilet, Krystal quickly turned the trolley around and the girls made their way towards the exit.

"Oh my god. I can't believe that guy and seriously, I can't stand him." Sulli exclaimed. "I almost feel like punching his face in the plane earlier."

"Let's just forget about him and go out quickly before he realised that we had left." Krystal replied as the 3 of them nodded their heads in agreement.

Their families were all waiting for them as the girls greeted everyone. Jessica hugged her sister tightly before giving her a peck on her cheeks, causing Krystal to grin. She even invited Sulli and Luna, along with their families to her wedding. The 3 families parted ways as Yuri took over the duty of pulling Krystal luggages from her.

"You only brought these two bags home?" Yuri asked as she referred to the two luggages that she was pulling. "You didn't buy souvenirs for us?"

"Unnie, inside those bags are all souvenirs. I didn't bring back any clothes at all." Krystal replied as they laughed at her explanation.

"By the way, Eunjin said...." Yuri was about to continue talking when Krystal replied that she's aware of Eunjin's absence since her girlfriend had already informed her beforehand. "She did told me that she'll try her best to be here as soon as the meeting ends."

"And I told her not to rush about coming here. Safety first. She could still come over to my parents place to meet me later." Krystal replied as Yuri nodded her head as they made their way to the carpark.

"Krystal!!! Krystal!! Krystal Jung!!!"

Everyone stopped walking as they turned around to where the voice was coming from. Krystal automatically rolled her eyes and let out a sigh when she saw Jongin speed-walking towards her while waving his hand at them. Behind him was an elderly couple with the man pulling a luggage and the lady carrying a bag, both items Krystal recognised as belonging to Jongin's.

'His parents are carrying his stuff? What is he? A spoilt brat?' Krystal thought as Jongin finally reached to where they were standing.

"I didn't know you had left the arrival hall. Luckily, a girl told me that there was no one else in the Ladies. By the way, this is my parents." Jongin smiled and introduced his parents to Krystal.

Krystal shook their hands and bowed a little before introducing her family to them. Jongin informed them that they were classmates and even added on that he's one of Krystal's close friend in campus. Mr and Mrs Jung then started to have small chats with Jongin's parents at the side.

"We usually revise and do our assigments together, most of the time. Krystal is a good student and helps me out a lot." He continued talking as Jessica had a proud smile on her face while clinging onto Krystal's arm.

Yuri had a deep frown on her face as if she was trying to remember something and when she finally realised it, her eyes turned into a glare.

"Since you're one of Krystal's friend, you're invited to my wedding which will be held in two weeks time." Jessica's words cause Krystal and Yuri to look at her with a surprised look. "This is my future partner and Krystal's future sister-in-law."

Jessica released her hands from Krystal's arm and introduced Yuri to Jongin. He looked a little surprised but quickly took out his hand to offer a handshake.

"Sorry. My hands are full." Yuri replied with a flat tone which didn't go unnoticed from Jessica and Krystal.

"You girls continue your talk. I'll go and get the car. Just wait here for me." Mr Jung said to the girls, who just nodded their heads, as Mrs Jung followed him.

Jongin's parents also left to get their car and asked Jongin to wait at the same spot. Krystal noticed that Jongin didn't even offer to hold on to his bags as his parents carried it with them to the car.

"Jongin, right?" Yuri asked as the guy nodded his head and smiled while Yuri continued to look at him skeptically. "I've heard about you before."

It was Jessica's turn to be surprised along with Krystal since she didn't remember telling Yuri about Jongin.

"You did?" Jongin asked as he had an arrogant smirk on his face. "Did Krystal talked to you about me?"

"Anni. I heard it from Krystal's girlfriend." Yuri answered with a straight face as she noticed the smirk on Jongin's face disappeared. "You do know that she's attached, right?"

"I...I.. I do." Jongin stutttered with his reply as he finally realised that Yuri was being hostile towards him. "But shouldn't she be here to welcome Krystal back? What kind of girlfriend is she if she can't spare time for this?"

The situation suddenly became awkward as Jongin and Yuri had a staring contest while the Jung sisters looked at them with mixed feelings. The sound of a horn, broke the creepy silence as they turned towards the sound.

A big smile appeared on Krystal's face as she instantly recognised the bike that had just stopped by the side, a few metres away from them. Removing her helmet, Eunjin combed her hair back with her fingers before breaking into a smile.

"Miss me?"

************************

From a distance, I saw a group of people talking amongst themselves at the pick-up point of the carpark. Initially, I was looking for an empty slot for my bike around that area but when I rode nearer, I recognised the 3 girls standing there. Pressing on my horn, I stopped my bike when it was a few metres away from them and switched off my engine. Taking out my helmet, I combed my messy hair to the back before my eyes went to the girl, who was smiling the widest, at the moment.

"Miss me?" I said while maintaining the smile that I had on my face from the moment our eyes met.

"Stupid!!!"

I smiled when I heard the familiar nickname as Krystal dashed towards me before engulfing me into a side hug. I chuckled at her reaction before asking her to release her hand so that I could at least stand up from the bike. After I stood up, it was my turn to hug Krystal as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"Have you been well?" I asked as Krystal nodded her head before looking up to face me.

"I miss you. A loooot...." She emphasized her words as we ended up laughing at each other.

"Yah lovebirds! Are we invincible or what?" Yuri shouted as I raised my hand as a form of apology.

We broke away from the hug as I grabbed Krystal's hand and pulled her towards where Jessica and Yuri were standing. It was at that moment, that I remembered the presence of another guy with them. I bowed my head at him and was about to ask who he was when Yuri introduced him to me.

"He's Jongin. Krystal's classmate."

My outstretched hand almost froze temporarily before we finally shook hands. A small smile appeared on my face as I noticed that Jongin was observing me from head to toe.

"Where's Appa Jung and Omma Jung?" I asked as Krystal wrapped her arm around my waist, acting all clingy which I found it a little weird.

"They went to get the car. They should be here soon." Jessica replied as I nodded my head.

"Did you bring my helmet with you?" Krystal asked as I told her that it's always been in my bike box all the time. "Great. Sica-unnie, I'll ride with Eunjin and see you guys at the house later, okay."

Before Jessica could reply, another horn was heard and we saw Mr Jung's car approaching us. I waved my hand at the elderly man as he smiled at me. Krystal waited until the car stopped just beside us before she went up to the passenger door. Mrs Jung rolled down the window and I greeted them before Krystal informed them about her plans to ride with me.

"Be back for dinner." Mrs Jung requested as I nodded my head before Mr Jung teased us about being impatient in wanting to spend time together.

I helped Yuri with the luggages as another car drove up beside us. I heard Jongin saying his goodbye to Jessica before waving his hands to Appa Jung and Omma Jung. He made his way towards Krystal who was standing beside my bike and they talked for a minute before he made his way to his parent's car. I noticed Krystal rolling her eyes at him as I chuckled a little.

"What's so funny?" Yuri asked as I shook my head. "By the way, I just want to let you know beforehand. Sica had accidentally invited that Jongin to our wedding."

"Mwo? Wae?" I asked as Yuri briefly explained to me about what happened earlier. "Damn it."

"Don't worry. I can sense that Krystal doesn't really like him." Yuri patted my back before closing the car boot. "I'll see you during dinner later."

I nodded my head and waved at them before making my way towards Krystal, who was leaning against the bike while smiling widely at me.

"What's with that wide smile?" I asked as I opened my bike box to take out Krystal's helmet. "And what's with being so clingy to me earlier?"

"You don't like it? I'm just happy to be able to see you again. But it seems like you're not that happy to see me?" Krystal pouted as I placed the helmet over her head.

I chuckled a little while locking the strap of her helmet before leaning in to give her a peck on her lips. "If I'm not happy to see you, I won't rush from work to be here."

A light smack was felt on my shoulder as Krystal nagged at me for rushing. "I told you not to rush since we can still meet each other at my parent's place, right? You know how I don't like it when you speed especially when you're riding. It's dangerous."

"If I didn't rush here, I won't be able to meet him. Your admirer." I as Krystal rolled her eyes at me. "By the way, since we have some time before dinner, do you have any place you want to go too? Or any food you miss eating?"

Krystal placed a finger on her chin and looked as if she was in deep thoughts before she broke into a smile.

"There's a place that I miss a lot. Your apartment. We can order some chicken and watched a movie in bed together."

I chuckled at her request before nodding my head and agreed to it.

(At the same time, inside Mr Jung's car)

"What do you mean by that? And how come you have heard of him before? What did Eunjin tell you? Does it concern Soojung?"

Yuri looked at her girlfriend with a blank expression as she didn't expect to be bombarded by questions after telling Jessica that she shouldn't have invited Jongin to their wedding. Even her parents were shaking their heads at Jessica's continuous questioning.

"Eunjin told me that Krystal had informed her before on how she and Jongin had been teased by their classmates as being a CC." Yuri explained.

"A sissy? That young man doesn't look that feminine to me though." Omma Jung interrupted which caused the rest of them to laugh at her remarks.

"I don't think they are talking about that kind of sissy, my dear. Must be a campus thingy. C for Campus." Appa Jung gave his opinion as Jessica praised him for his good guessing skills.

"It's Campus Couple, Omma." Jessica finally helped to solve the problem. "Why were they teased for that? Is my sister being bullied in school?"

"Seems like Jongin has a crush on Krystal and one day, they were caught holding hands in front of their classroom doors." Yuri replied before explaining the whole situation, just like how Eunjin had informed her. "And that poor Eunjin had been having bad dreams about Krystal leaving her even though she didn't tell Krystal about it."

"Aigooo, that poor girl. She should tell Soojung about it. I heard about what happened to the company. She must be under a lot of stress at the moment and hearing this kind of news will just add on to her stress." Appa Jung said.

"But Eunjin is glad that Krystal is being honest with her. It's always better to hear about such things directly. Imagine if Krystal didn't tell Eunjin about Jongin and he suddenly appeared with them at the airport just now. Eunjin would have been upset if she was to find out after that." Yuri gave her opinion as the others nodded their head in agreement.

"But then again, I don't think Jongin is Soojung's type. I can see that she didn't like him. Maybe as a friend but not more than that." Jessica's words were agreed by Yuri herself. "And since I have already invited him without knowing the true situation, I don't think there's anything we can do about it. It's all your fault for keeping this info from me, Kwon Yuri."

"Arrghhhh..." Yuri rubbed her right ear profusely after it was pinched hard by Jessica before she mumbled the apology to her girlfriend. "Eunjin just recently told us about it and furthermore, she didn't want us to make it a big deal."

Jessica continued nagging about the matter until the four of them reached the Jung's apartment. Yuri brought up Krystal's luggages to her room while Jessica went to help out her Omma in the kitchen. Since they have around 6hrs to spare, Appa Jung invited Yuri for a short game of golf at the recreation club near their place which Yuri gladly accepted.

************************

"Krystal. Wake up. We should get ready to head to your parent's place."

I shook her shoulders lightly as Krystal stirred from her sleep. It's obvious that she's experiencing jetlag since she didn't even finish watching the movie before she dozed off. We ordered some chicken and ate before snuggling in bed to watch a movie. 30mins after the movie started, I could already hear light snoring coming from Krystal. 

"10 more mins please." Krystal mumbled as she snuggled closer into my arms.

I chuckled before leaning in to kiss her on the forehead. "We shouldn't make the others wait for us, especially your parents. They must have missed you a lot too."

Krystal opened one of her eyes and looked at me. Nodding her head, she gave me a smile before stretching her arms and sat up. 

We reached the Jung's apartment at around 6pm and were surprised to see more familiar faces. It seemed that a welcome home party had been prepared for Krystal after being away for more than 6 months. The Kwon siblings were there along with Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny and Hyomin. It was the first time for Krystal to meet Hyomin as Sunny introduced them to each other.

The Jung's apartment were on the first floor so they had better access to the swimming pool area and the BBQ pit. I went to the kitchen to see if they needed my help but Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona were already helping Omma Jung so they pushed me out from the kitchen. I walked out to the swimming pool area and saw Yuri seated at the round table with Appa Jung. Taeyeon and Sooyoung were seated at another table.

"Can I join you here? I was pushed out from the kitchen earlier." I pouted as Yuri laughed at me as Appa Jung patted the chair beside him.

"Where's Soojung?" He asked as I told him that she's with Sunny and Hyomin at a corner of the swimming pool. "I heard about what happened with Jongin and your bad dreams. You should talk it out with Soojung."

I was surprised to hear it from Appa Jung as I turned to glare at Yuri, who had an apologetic expression. Gritting my teeth, I kicked Yuri's leg from under the table as she hissed in pain before she tried to kick me as revenge.

"No violence is allowed in my family. We talk things out like gentlemen. Both of you are going to be in-laws sooner or later." Appa Jung teased us as both of us quickly apologised for our actions before we started laughing at each other.

"What's so funny?" Krystal appeared from behind before making her way to sit beside me.

The 3 of us looked at each other before we shook our heads and said that it's a secret. Krystal pouted and was about to glare at me when we heard Omma's Jung voice. She had brought out all the food for the BBQ as we organised the tables to join them together so that everyone could seat around. The cooking started and everyone were busy mingling around to chat and joke with each other.

It was almost 10pm when everything had been cleaned up nicely. Sunny and Hyomin had left about an hour ago, hitching a ride from Tiffany and Taeyeon. Sooyoung and Yoona had stayed behind to help us with the cleaning up and would be hitching a ride home with Yuri.

"I'll see you tomorrow after work okay?" I said to a pouting Krystal as we stood at the balcony, with a glass of hot chocolate in our hands. "You should spend time with your family too. Your unnie had already taken a day off tomorrow and will be staying the night here with your parents. They must be looking forward to have you around. Furthermore, we already spend time alone together earlier."

"But it's only for a few hours."

I chuckled at the way Krystal was being clingy with me at the moment. She saw me chuckling and gave me a light smack on my shoulders.

"I'll be reporting early to work tomorrow anyway. You'll be bored once I left for work."

Krystal finally nodded her head in reluctance as she made me promised to meet her after work tomorrow.

Saying our farewells to the Jung family, I made my way to the carpark with Yuri, Sooyoung and Yoona. Sooyoung told me about  her plans to expand her cafe business even though nothing had been finalised yet. Yoona then asked about the situation at work because she head Yuri complaining about it at home.

"Complaining? Yah! Kwon Yuri! Shouldn't you be  talking things out with me?" I turned to face Yuri who had a silly grin on her face.

"It's not that kind of bad complaining. I was just telling my parents about how work had been a little stressful since everyone are being indecisive of their future. They are some who are willing to take a pay cut and stay with the company because they believed in your management. But there are others who are thinking of leaving  as they can't afford the pay cut, even if they wanted to stay." Yuri explained as I let out a sigh.

A week ago, I had issued another mass email, informing my staff that the company would be going through some major reshuffling and financial reconstruction. Staff, who had been under-performing, would be called up by our HR management to re-analyse their contribution to the company. For those whom we had to let go, we would do so with some monetary compensation. Retrenchment was essential for the company to sustain our stability for at least another 3 months.

"It must be really stressful for you, right now. My cafe only has less than 10 workers now but even so, it's hard to manage them at times." Sooyoung commented as I could only smile at her.

"And we still have our upcoming plan to expand the cafe, remember?" Yoona smiled at Sooyoung, who showed a fake fainting reaction as we laughed at her. "We'll get better at it. We'll have each other's support so don't worry, okay."

I rolled my eyes at these two lovebirds and mumbled that I wished I had someone to help me out to.

"You said something?" Yuri turned to face me as I shook my head and just smiled at her.

We parted ways soon as we reached our vehicles and it took me about an hour to reach home. After having a refreshing shower, I sat down at the edge of my bed and looked around at my apartment. Even though it was not the first time that I had been to the Jung's family apartment, seeing how everyone was able to gather there made me realised that my apartment was really small.

"I wasn't expecting to have such a big family when I started to rent this place." I said to myself as I lay down on the bed as my thoughts flashed back to the time where the girls were hanging out at my place. They had wanted to stay the night but decided not to because there was not enough space for everyone. "Maybe I should look for a bigger place."

I have yet to use the savings that my parents had set aside for me so I could easily afford to buy my own place. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of an incoming message. Grabbing my phone, I unlocked it and saw the message from Krystal.

Have you reached home? Taken a shower? Sleeping soon? - Krystal

Replying to her that I've done all those and would be going to sleep soon, I was about to put my phone aside when I noticed that there was a pending email for me. It was send two hours ago and I must have missed it because I was too busy helping the others to clean up. 

'Who would send me an email after working hours?'

I thought to myself before clicking on it. Reading through the contents of the email, it was actually send from Jihyun. She's requesting to have a meeting with me as soon as possible because she had a proposal which might help the company to recover some of our losses. I typed an email reply to Jihyun to inform her that I would get back to her by tomorrow since I needed to double confirm my schedules with my secretary.