The End

Hard But Easy

"Is there a lot of people outside?"

"Quite a number but mostly, people that we know." Teyeon replied to my question as she walked into the office room. I questioned her further about our part-timers whereabouts the moment she sat down beside me. "The boys are chilling at the cafe area on the 2nd floor, enjoying the new menu that Hyoyeon came up with."

"All 8 of them? Is it that nice? Maybe I should go and give it a try too." Sooyoung, who was about to lie down on one of the sofas stood up instantly.

"Anni, anni.. you should stay here, Soo." I chuckled when Sooyoung pouted before sitting down. "But have they arranged the cars the way I wanted it to be? I want to make sure that we have ample space to move around later."

Taeyeon nodded her head and showed a thumbs up before we heard a knock on the door. A second later, Yuri's head popped out at the side.

"Everything in order?" She asked before walking in with a silly grin. Taeyeon and Sooyoung started complaining while Yuri teasingly answered that she was only 15 mins late.

"Yah, how can the person-in-charge be late for the opening ceremony of the workshop? Should I start regretting my decision?" I frowned a little with a pout before smacking Yuri's back lightly when she walked past me to take a seat beside Sooyoung.

"Han Eunjin, I SAW that."

My hand immediately dropped down when I heard Jessica's voice echoing in the room. Turning my head to the door, I chuckled nervously when I saw Jessica glaring at me while Krystal stood beside her, trying to stifle a laugh. 

"By the way, why are you all gathered here when Sunny, Yoona and Tiffany are outside entertaining your guests?" Jessica started to nag as Taeyeon and Sooyoung stood up immediately. Even Yuri, who had just took a seat less than a minute ago, stood up at her wife's question.

"We just.. just.. just came in like.. like less than.. 10mins before you guys arrived." Taeyeon answered while stammering and looked at the rest of us with an expression that screamed for help. 

Silence filled the room before Krystal bursted out laughing. "Unnie. Stop using your CEO tone of voice every time you enter an office-like room. Furthermore, the one that should be greeting the guests are Yuri-unnie since she's going to be handling this workshop and also Eunjin, since she's the owner."

Krystal stretched out her hand towards me and wriggled her fingers as if beckoning me towards her.

"Let's all go out and meet the guests." I said as I took Krystal's hand before leaning in to give her a peck on the cheek. "You look beautiful today."

"You don't looked too bad yourself. But what's with the fancy jacket?" Krystal looked at me suspiciously the moment we stepped outside the office room, before she started to look around. "Is there a dress code for today's event? I noticed some of the unnies are also wearing jackets."

I coughed out a laughter which made Krystal frowned a little but before she could asked further, someone called out her name. Lucky for me, Harabeoji and Halmeoni arrived just in time to distract Krystal. I hugged both my grandparents before the rest of my friends came forward to greet them.

"How's everything?" Harabeoji asked me as I told him that everything is going as planned. "That's good. What time are you planning to make a speech?"

"Maybe in an hour's time." I replied as he nodded his head. "There's a seating area at the corner of the garage. You and Halmeoni can take a seat there. I will ask Hyoyeon to bring over some food and drinks to you."

"Soojung-ah, why don't you come and seat with us? Accompany me. Your Harabeoji will wander around soon, the moment he sees some of his old friends." Halmeoni pouted as Harabeoji tried his best to convince her that he will stay by her side throughout the event.

"Why would I see my friends here? It's not even my workshop. The one who should be busy mingling around is Eunjin." Harabeoji explained himself.

"In that case, I guess Halmeoni and Harabeoji will be the one accompanying me since I'll be lonely today."

I chuckled when I saw Krystal acting cute and talking in a baby voice with my grandparents. I put my hands over her shoulders and pulled her closer. "Have I been making you feel lonely lately?"

It took me by surprised a little when she nodded her head with a serious expression. I knew that I had been very busy lately and was spending lesser times with her but I always make sure that I would at least give her a call daily. 

"Mianhae. I promise you, after today, I will not make you feel lonely anymore."

"Promise?" Krystal pulled herself away and held out her pinky finger as I nodded my head and linked my pinky with hers. "But I also want you to promise to stay as close to me as possible every day."

"Stay as close as possible every day?" I repeated her words with a puzzled look as a smug appeared on Krystal's face before she giggled. I was about to question her further before she meronged at me and walked away to join to my grandparents at the seating area. "Did she find out about today?" I mumbled to myself.

"Find out what?" Sunny's question shocked me as she suddenly appeared by my side while I was lost in my own thoughts.

"Mwo?" I asked her as she squinted her eyes to look at me.

"You were mumbling about finding out something, while looking at Krystal walking away." Sunny explained herself as I ended up chuckling before telling her that it was nothing. "Anyway, I just need to check in with you. Your speech will be before Yuri's or after?"

"Let's go to that corner to go through the event plan." I looked around and spotted the person I was looking for. "Yuri-ah, can you join us for a minute? Bring Taeyeon along."

Krystal's POV

I held Halmeoni's arm as we walked back to our seats from the restroom. I managed to look around to check Eunjin's location and noticed that she was talking to some guests with Yuri-unnie beside her. The rest of the unnies were dispersed around the garage area, some helping out with the food while others were also communicating with other guests. I was about to take a seat when I heard someone calling out my name. Turning around, I smiled at the person making her way towards me.

"I'm so sorry. I couldn't catch a taxi and traffic was bad. Am I late? Did I miss anything?" Luna's rapid talk caused Halmeoni to chuckle.

"Aigoo, where are you rushing to, young lady? Slow down and relax."

Luna quickly greeted Halmeoni and Harabeoji and took a seat when Halmeoni gestured her to do so. Harabeoji just smiled before continuing to look at his phone. Halmeoni started to have a conversation with Luna and I was just listening to them when my eyes spotted a familiar face. My hand instantly gripped Luna's hand on the table top nervously.

"Wae-yo? What's wrong?" Luna looked at me before her attention moved to my line of sight and it was her turn to gasp. "Omo.. Why is he here?"

Luna's words and reaction caught Halmeoni's attention, which caused her to be questioned by Halmeoni about the person that had made us nervous.

"There's this guy who went to the same school as us and has been trying to woo Krystal since then. Even after Krystal got engaged to Eunjin, he's still trying his luck."

I was not able to stop Luna in time as she babbled on about Jongin, who had just arrived with his father to the workshop. What surprised me even more was when Jongin's father walked towards our table and greeted Harabeoji, who then stood up to receive their handshakes. They started to walk away to another table to have small talks between them as I noticed that Jongin was not his usual arrogant self and was just quietly standing beside his father. When we accidentally locked eyes, he gave a very polite smile before looking away.

"Halmeoni, can I excuse myself for a while? I need to say hello to a friend of mine." I asked permission from Halmeoni who just nodded her head. 

I stood up and made my way towards Harabeoji before introducing myself. Jongin's father immediately recognised me as one of Jongin's schoolmate.

"Is that so? What a small world." Harabeoji smiled while looking at me before continuing. "She's engaged to Eunjin, so technically she's like my granddaughter too."

Just when the two elderly men were about to continue talking, I gave an an excuse to bring some food and drinks for them while asking Jongin to help me with it. As both of us made our way to the food area, I looked sideways to Jongin who was quietly following my lead.

"Is everything okay with you?" I asked, slightly concerned with the change in his demeanor.

"Everything's okay." He replied without looking at me, with his focus only on the food. I stopped moving and turned towards him with my arms folded. Sensing the change, he looked up and asked why so I explained to him that he seemed different from his usual way. "Were you worried about me?"

"As a friend, yes. But this change in you doesn't seem so bad. For once, you seem like a decent person." I said honestly which caused Jongin to chuckle.

"Decent enough to make you like me?" Jongin asked before he chuckled again when I rolled my eyes. "As a friend I mean."

I was slightly taken aback before he let out a sigh. He explained that after the award event that day, he met Harabeoji and Eunjin. It was then that he found out about how Harabeoji had helped his father with their company financially and who Eunjin really was.

"All this time, I kept looking down on her and thinking that I was better than her in every way but the reality was just too much of a difference. If I was in her position, I don't think I'll have such a big heart to help out someone, who has always looked down on me. It made me realised that she could have just told her grandfather not to help us out and my father's business, which he had worked hard for all his life, would be gone. That thought itself humbled me a lot." Jongin's expression really showed that he was regretful of his past actions. "I came here to sincerely congratulate her on the new workshop and also wish both of you the best in your future together."

I smiled and nodded my head before carrying the food and drinks back to Harabeoji and Jongin's father. I subsequently excused myself and was about to walk back to Halmeoni's table when the tapping sound from a mic was heard in a distance.

No one's POV

"Good evening, everyone. May I have your attention please?" Sunny's voice echoed through the workshop as she stood at a small makeshift stage. "We will be having a ribbon cutting ceremony soon but before that, shall we welcome the owner of this awesome place to give a short speech?"  

Everyone applauded as Eunjin walked up to stand beside Sunny and took over the mic stand. She thanked everyone for attending the event and also briefly explained about her two other workshops, which were handled by Taeyeon and Sunny. She then introduced Yuri, who will be the person-in-charge of the new workshop. Walking down the stage, Eunjin took a glimpse of Krystal, who was looking at her and showing the thumbs up sign. She waved a little at Krystal before making her way to the back of the stage.

"Once again, on behalf o Eunjin and the rest of our team, I would like to thank everyone for coming and sincerely hope to seek for your kind patronage to our workshop. We promised to deliver the best service and maintenance for your cars." Yuri bowed her head at the end of her speech before passing over the mic to Sunny and made her way down the stage in a rush.

"What's going on back there?"

Krystal almost jumped when Luna leaned in to whisper to her since she was too focused on Yuri, who seemed to be rushing off to the back of the stage too. Krystal shrugged her shoulders as Luna's question perked her curiousity. She was about to ask her sister, who had came up to her other side, when Sunny's words caught her attention.

"Before the ribbon-cutting ceremony, we have a little event prepared by Ms Han Eunjin, which is dedicated to her fiancee. From what I heard, Ms Han had practiced a lot together with her team of part-timers and other friends for a few months. So without further ado, please welcome Eunjin and her team." Sunny almost squealed when the stage moved to the side with her still standing on it.

https://youtu.be/a7NCC-qAlR4?si=oUf7Ys-0yNpUJvLV

Eunjin's POV

The moment the music stopped, there was a brief moment of silence before it erupted with applauds as I gathered the 12 of us into a single row and bowed to thank the audience. The moment I looked up, Sunny walked up to me and handed over something.

"She's over there." 

I looked at the direction that Sunny was pointing to and smiled when I saw the wide grin on Krystal who was applauding along with everyone as I made my way towards her. 

"Is this why you were always hanging out with Yuri-unnie, Taeyeon-unnie and Sooyoung-unnie?" Krystal straight away asked as I stood in front of her and nodded. "Does the other unnies knew about this also?"

"They knew we were practicing for a special event for the opening ceremony but they didn't know about this." I suddenly dropped to one knee and held out a small red box. Opening it to show two rings inside, I locked my gaze with Krystal's as she clasped with both hands.

"Krystal, we've came a long way to be where we are right now. And all this while, there was never a single doubt in my heart that you are the only one for me. The one that I've always been waiting for. We had took a step back in our relationship to achieve our goals as individuals but now I think it's time for me to go straight to you for our future together. I've been waiting to have someone to share my everything. Someone for me to go home to every day. So Jung Soojung, will you marry me?"

The moment Krystal nodded her head, I stood up and hugged her tight. Sound of confetti poppers filled the workshop as a banner was released in the backdrop with the words 'Congratulations' on it. Everyone applauded and cheered as Halmeoni and Harabeoji walked up to us and hugged us. Waves of congratulatory greetings were soon heard as some of the guests started to make their way towards us.

Sensing that we would be overwhelmed soon with the incoming guests, I noticed Krystal's hand grip tightened on mine before I quickly gave a signal to Sunny to save us.

"Everyone.... Can I have your attention please? I understand that everyone is excited at the moment but we still have the ribbon-cutting event to take place. So can I have Ms Han and Ms Kwon to join us on stage right now?"

"Let's go." I whispered to Krystal and pulled her away towards the stage.

(Two hours later)

I stiffled a yawn before leaning back in the elevator after pressing the number for my apartment floor. I let out my sigh as I remembered what happened earlier. 

"How could she have said no after saying yes?" I mumbled to myself while thinking back to the moment when I asked Krystal to follow me home, thinking that we could spend the night together at my apartment. "Just because she came with her sister doesn't mean she has to go back with them, right?"

I continued grumbling and having a little monologue with myself while exiting the elevator. Entering the password to the apartment, my mind suddenly became blank and my heart felt empty as I let out another heavy sigh. I was physically tired as I had stayed back 30mins after everyone had left to ensure that everything was in order for business tomorrow.

"You're home?"

My eyes widened when I heard a familiar voice the moment the door closed behind me. Thinking that I was just imaginig it, I absent-mindedly removed my shoes in silence and walked into the house. Making my way towards the living room, I screamed when something appeared in front of me.

"Arrrggghhh.." I grabbed my heart and tried to calm my breathing as Krystal looked at me with a cheeky smile.

"Did I shocked you? I thought you already knew when I asked you that question earlier? Or you couldn't hear it?"

Krystal kept throwing questions at me while I was trying to digest the whole situation. When she noticed that I had remained in silence, there was a change in her facial expression with guilt slowly building up.

"Were you really shocked? I really thought you would have known since you could see my shoes at the entrance." She pouted a little.

"I didn't realise your shoes were there. I was upset because you didn't want to follow me home earlier so I wasn't paying attention with my surroundings. When I heard your voice earlier, I thought I was just imagining it." I replied after my nerves had calmed down.

"You didn't imagine it." Krystal smiled before embracing me into a tight hug. "Because I've already promised you to be the person whom you can return home to."

"And I've promised you that from today onwards, I will never make you feel lonely anymore." I replied.

Locking our eyes, I leaned in to kiss her which she reciprocated passionately. I was about to strip her clothes off when I heard someone's cough behind us. Turning around, I saw Yuri with an idiotic smile on her face and Jessica staring straight at us. Both of them were already in their pyjamas as Krystal quickly adjusted her clothes before whispering an apology to me since she had forgotten to inform me about them.

"Sorry. I was too tired to drive home after dropping Krystal off earlier.You don't mind us sleeping over at the guest room, right? Since you did say before that you bought this huge apartment so that we could come over to stay anytime we want. But sorry for interfering that romantic moment. I think we will go back to sleep first." Yuri chuckled at her own remarks before she placed her hand over Jessica's shoulders and literally dragging her wife back into the guest room.

After making sure that both of them had really went into the room, I turned to look at Krystal with grin. "We should continue in my room. Don't worry. I've soundproofed it when I renovated this apartment."

"Then we should not waste any more time."

I was surprised for a split second as Krystal grabbed my hand and pulled me towards our bedroom. As the door closed behind us and the moment our lips touched, we knew that a new chapter of our lives has began.