Chapter 100V

Hard But Easy

Eunjin's POV

"Yah, stop behaving like a meerkat. You are going to hurt your neck like that." Yuri put her hands on either side of my cheeks to stop it from moving. "Her flight just landed like 10mins ago. It will take some time before she's out."

I heard Jessica chuckling beside Yuri as I just pouted and meronged at them.

"I'm just excited to see her. It's been a week. A week of torture. For not being to hear her voice at all since we are at a different time zone almost every day." I grumbled to no one in particular.

"You could have just flown there to see her if you wanted to." Jessica replied nonchalantly as I frowned a little while thinking.

"And let this clingy person disturb your sister the whole week? I don't think that's a good idea and I don't think Soojung will appreciate that too," Yuri shook her head and looked at me with an expression as if mocking me.

"I'm not clingy." I rebutted while folding my arms across my chest. "But it's true that I don't want to disturb Krystal while she's working. You should have seen how happy she was when she got the invitation for the fashion show. Even though she's still new in the fashion industry but people have started to recognise her talents lately. Furthermore, my presence there is not going to be of any help to her."

"Talent runs in the family. I had no worries about Soojung doing well as a fashion designer. But I think she needs to move to a better apartment soon. From my experience, after attending this kind of fashion show, reporters will start to sniff around your personal life. She will have an image to upkeep the moment she comes back." Jessica's comment didn't go unheard as I frowned again.

Within 6 months of opening her small shop in Hongdae, I was impressed at how fast her designs had catched the attention of well-known celebrities. I guess with the help of social media, everything was easier. Krystal also took a brilliant step for her business when she launched her online shopping platform at the same time as when she opened her physical shop. Her online plaftorm has seen an increasing number of followers daily.

"Soon, you will experience what I've been going through all this while, my friend." 

The sudden pat on my back from Yuri, stopped my train of thoughts as I turned to look at her. I've heard her stories about how their photos would be secretly taken when they were still at their dating stages. How Yuri had to be on her best behaviour every time since she's going out with one of the top CEO in the fashion industry.

"But it gets better after marriage. We didn't have to worry too much about our intimacy in public places since then, so that's another advantage of marriage."

Yuri winked at me as I chuckled at her reaction as I knew her indirectly message to me. I punched her lightly on the shoulders and she was about to hit back when Jessica's sudden hand waving actions caught our attention. We noticed Jessica moving nearer towards the arrival entrance door so we followed her.

"Soo Jung-ah!! Luna!! Over here!!"

Seeing two familiar figures pushing their trolleys out from behind the glass door as they waved back, a bright smile appeared on my face. It didn't take long before I was engulfed into a hug with Krystal. It was the tightest hug that I had felt from her as I returned the hug. In the past 9 mths since both of us had started to live apart from each other, the past week was the first time where I was not able to hear her voice at all. Our mode of communication was only through texting.

"I missed you." I said before laughing as I noticed that both of us had said it out at the same time. We continued smiling and giggling to each other before I felt a cold presence behind my back.

"Aren't you ever going to let my little sister go so that I could at least hug her too?"

I quickly nodded my head to Jessica before turning to Luna and greeted her while moving away from Krystal. Yuri came up to stand beside me and took over Krystal's trolley. She walked ahead with Luna before turning around.

"Shall we grab some dinner first before heading back?" Yuri suggested as all of us nodded our heads. 

Krystal's POV

After I let go of Sica-unnie's hug, my eyes immediately turned to look for Eunjin who seemed to just stood there to wait for me as I noticed her outstretched hand. Smiling away, I entwined our hands together as I saw my sister walking up to Yuri-unnie before linking arms.

I was about to say something to Eunjin, when eyes caught some flashes from the sides as I squinted my eyes.

"What's wrong?" Eunjin asked before her head started to turn from left to right in a hurried manner. "Did someone just took photos of us and ran off?"

It was more of a mumble from her but Eunjin's eyes seem to be following some movement from a distance and she was about to move away when I gripped her arms.

"Let's just ignore it." I whispered to her, as she looked at me with a confused expression while I dragged her along.

Once all the luggages were loaded into the back of the car, I went to the passenger seat while Eunjin took the driver seat. She leaned to my side and pulled my seatbelt across as I gave her quick peck on her cheek. After buckling me up, she smiled and it was her turn to give me a quick peck on the lips.

"Yah, yah, yah... There are others in the car too. Too much PDA." Yuri-unnie grumbled teasingly while Luna just chuckled.

"How come you never help me to put on my seat belt before, Kwon Yuri?" 

I heard Sica-unnie's question and I could actually imagined her pouting even without looking at her.

"Because I'm not Han Eunjin. Furthermore, you would have already worn your seat belt by then." Yuri-unnie's reply didn't really satisfy my sister as I could hear them squabbling. 

I felt a light tap on my shoulder before I heard Luna's soft voice from the side.

"Can you ask Eunjin to drive quickly to the dinner place? I don't think I can survive any longer here at the back."

I chuckled while nodding my head before turning to face Eunjin who was busy adjusting a few things. She must have felt someone staring at her as she looked up at me while I mouthed the word 'Luna'. Eunjin instantly turned her attention to the rear mirror as she noticed Luna's nervous expression while the Unnies were busy in their own conversation. Eunjin turned to face me and smiled before nodding her head.

"All rights. Let's go and grab our dinner then."

(A month later)

"Jung Soo Jung!!! Krystal!!"

The whole shop echoed with Luna's voice as Krystal almost dropped the keys in her hands. Luckily, it was already closing time as her eyes widened when she saw her best friend running out from behind the counter while holding a laptop in her hand. She had to take a few steps back when Luna literally shoved the open laptop into her face.

"Wae, wae, wae?" Krystal asked, a little annoyed since the brightness of the laptop screen hit her eyes. "I can't see or read anything if you shove this into my face."

"Oooppss.. Sorry." Luna grinned as she took away the laptop and put it at a table nearby. "I was checking the company's email inbox and saw this."

"Invitation to Young Entrepreneurship Awards Ceremony?" Krystal frowned as she read out loud the title of the email. "We would like to congratulate your company for being listed as one of the Top 20 recipients for this year. Please provide a reply on whether your company will be attending this event. Attached below are the details of the event and we hope to see you there. Feel free to contact us if you have any further queries."

Krystal looked up from the laptop screen and stared blankly at Luna who was grinning widely. Young Entrepreneurship Award was a yearly event where small start-up companies would compete to get a spot in the Top 20. Those who managed to get in the list will be offered mentorship and financial assistance for a year from major companies who have declared their sponsorship to the program. From what Krystal had heard before, there are currently more than 10 major companies involved, that typically earned millions of profit yearly.

"Oh my god. Do you know what this means, Krystal?" Luna grabbed both her shoulders and shook her slightly. "We don't have to worry too much about our finances for a year. We can get as much help as we want to expand our business."

"Was Unnie the one who submitted our company as a participant? She has been asking me to participate, saying that it's good for business but I suspect she knew some of the sponsors there." A deep frown appeared on Krystal's face as she suddenly felt a little uncomfortable about being one of the recipients. "Do you think Unnie....."

"It was me." Luna intercepted Krystal's sentence as she looked a little guilty. "I'm sorry for not informing you. I just submitted our company's profile without thinking too much into it. I wasn't expecting us to get a spot too since our business is still relatively new. I actually submitted the application before we left for LA, which is way before Sica-unnie brought it up to you so I don't think she's a part of this."

Seeing how guilty Luna's expression was, Krystal felt bad for putting her in that spot. Hugging her friend, Krystal explained that she's not upset over Luna's submission behind her back but instead was just totally shocked about the news and was not sure about how she should react to the whole situation. The two of them quickly packed up and left the shop as they made their way home.

"But Krystal. Don't you think you should give more credit to your talent in designing? Ever since we came back from LA, our online platform membership has tripled. We even had stylists who are managing celebrities, coming to us for a collab." Luna tried to boost Krystal's confidence the moment they entered their apartment. "Furthermore, I don't think your Unnie will be involved in all this since you've made it clear to her that you don't like to have favours."

"It's all thanks to that article that came out, with regards to our business. Although I'm thankful that they did a write-up on us, I'm still not happy about the photos in that article that literally edited out Eunjin from it. She was the only one missing in all the photos." Krystal's voice sounded a little pissed off as she went to the fridge to grab some water.

"Those photos were taken when we just came back from LA, right?" Luna's question received a nod from Krystal. "Maybe they are not sure who Eunjin was so they didn't dare to post her photo. Your sister is already quite well-known so indirectly they knew who Yuri-unnie is. By the way, was Eunjin upset?"

"I have yet to talk to her about it. The last time I saw her was three days after we came back from LA. She's been busy preparing for the opening of her third workshop, to the extent where I couldn't even talk much to her on the phone until she's home."

"Wow, that's like super busy but Yuri-unnie seems busy too since your sister has been hanging out with us a lot lately. Even asking us to eat dinner with her and sometimes with Fany-unnie."

It was just a passing remark from Luna but it made Krystal, who was walking out from the kitchen area, stopped in her tracks.

"Come to think of it, how come everyone is so busy lately?" Krystal's expression showed that she was in deep thoughts while Luna just shrugged her shoulders.