Chapter 76

Hard But Easy

"Who told you that I would not be attending the wedding?" Harabeoji put down his spoon and stared at me. "Did you hear me saying it?"

Shaking my head, I put down my spoon and bowed a little as a sign of apologising. "I'm sorry. I thought that you won't be attending since you were not happy about my decision of allowing the wedding to proceed as plan."

"You did not only thought wrongly, you even made your own assumption. Just because I'm not totally happy with your decision, does that mean that you could stay away from us? When was the last time you came to check on your grandparents? Did you know how worried your Halmeoni is when you didn't come over to see us for the past few weeks? What happened to your promise to spend time with us at least once a week?"

I hung my head low as Harabeoji continued to nag at me. Halmeoni tried to stop him but was quickly shushed away by Harabeoji. He continued his lecture about how important communication was and that I should not use work as an excuse to avoid meeting him.

"Harabeoji... I'm sorry for interrupting but I think Eunjin has realised her mistakes. Would you please forgive her?" 

Krystal, who had been seating beside me, spoke to the old man in a soft tone as I heard him letting out a sigh. I looked up to face the old man and apologised again.

"Why don't we finish up our dinner and continue our conversation in the living room later?" Halmeoni suggested as Krystal nodded her head, both of them smiling to each other while Harabeoji and I were just staring at the food in front of us.

An hour ago, Krystal and I had arrived at my grandparent's house to have dinner together. Krystal had managed to find time to have dinner with me after Yuri informed Jessica that she would be able to fetch her at the place where she was having her manicure and pedicure treatment. When I arrived at the place, Jessica was almost done with her session so she told us that we could leave first as Yuri was already on her way.

Halmeoni had prepared a lot of delicious food for us when we arrived. Most of the time, only Krystal and Halmeoni were excitedly talking between themselves while Harabeoji and I concentrated on eating our dinner. During their conversations, Halmeoni had asked Krystal about her sister's wedding and if all the preparations were done. Krystal had accidentally mentioned about how it was a pity that both my grandparents would not be there to witness the ceremony. And that was how it all started.

"I'm done. I'll be in the living room." 

Harabeoji's voice broke my train of thoughts as he stood up and left the dining area. The rest of us were almost done with our dinner too as I volunteered to clean up the dishes and told Halmeoni to rest while accompanying Harabeoji.

"I'm sorry for what happened earlier. If I didn't mention about them not attending the wedding, you won't have been nagged by Harabeoji." Krystal pouted as she stood beside me while I washed the plates.

"It's okay. It's not done on purpose. Furthermore, isn't it better this way? At least, now I know that Harabeoji is not totally unhappy with me. And it seems like he'll be attending the wedding anyway." I smiled as Krystal took the clean plates and started to wipe it dry. "Thanks to you, Harabeoji stopped nagging at me after hearing your sweet voice. I'm glad that at least he listens well to his future granddaughter-in-law."

I chuckled when I saw Krystal rolling her eyes at me and burst out laughing when she stuck her tongue out.

Krystal's POV

"Jihyun had already informed me about the suggestion that her father brought up to you when he came over for lunch."

I observed quietly as Harabeoji put down the newspaper that he was reading earlier before turning to face Eunjin, who was seated opposite him. We were done with clearing up the kitchen and had made our way to the living room. Harabeoji sat at his favourite single armchair while I took a seat beside Halmeoni at the two-seater couch.

"You mean she told you about the arranged marriage?" Harabeoji asked as Eunjin nodded her head. "So I guess the real reason as to why you're here is to find out about my decision, am I right?"

"It's Krystal who needs to hear it out from you. Not me, since I will not agree to it at all." Eunjin replied as I shifted nervously in my seat.

"You knew about it?" Halmeoni asked as she placed her hand on my arm while I nodded my head. "Aigoo, my poor child. You must be feeling anxious after finding out about it."

I could only smile at Halmeoni who patted my head before both of us turned to face Harabeoji.

"I guess Mr Kang's daughter is not favourable to the idea too, seeing how she reached out to you quickly after hearing about the news." Harabeoji said as Eunjin just nodded her head. "You do know that this arranged marriage comes with a lot of benefits for both companies, especially ours. Am I right?"

I didn't dare to look at Eunjin right now as I preferred to look down to the floor. Hearing Harabeoji mentioning about the company, made me felt nervous all a sudden. I was afraid to hear what I didn't want to hear from Harabeoji but at the same time, I started to feel guilty when I thought of the workers at the company.

"I know. I know very well how beneficial it'll be. But I'm also working hard to make sure that I don't have to rely on this arranged marriage to save the company. I've already decided that the person that I want to spend my whole life with is Krystal so I would never agree to this idea no matter what." 

I heard Eunjin's firm reply before she let out a heavy sigh. A soft chuckle was heard as I looked up to see Harabeoji smiling at Eunjin, who was staring straight at him with a very stern look. 

"I see. Honestly, I don't think I have the right to make the decision anyway. It's your life, your decision. I'm just going to be here, supporting you in any way I could." Harabeoji said as I saw a smile slowly appearing on Eunjin's face. "I know you're working hard for the company and I really appreciate it but I also want you to think about your own happiness. Ms Jeon has been updating me about whatever that is happening in the office. Don't you think you have some explanation to do?"

************************

I dropped the car keys on the table before dragging my body towards my bed. After sitting down at the edge, I looked up to see Krystal putting away my shoes to the side and arranging them neatly.

"I'm sorry." I said as Krystal looked at me with a confused expression before I pointed out to the mess near the door. "I should have placed my shoes neatly."

"Gwenchana. I can see that you're not really in a good mood at the moment." Krystal smiled while I just let out a sigh. "Why don't you shower and get some rest? You still need to go to work tomorrow."

"I've already messaged Ms Jeon to inform her that I'm reporting late tomorrow. Maybe after lunch since I don't have anything scheduled before that." 

Falling backwards to lie on my bed, I placed  my arm on my head and let out another sigh. Both of us had just returned from my grandparent's place and even thought I was glad that the arranged marriage situation had been settled, I was still a little upset about being reprimanded by Harabeoji.

I've long known that Ms Jeon would sometimes update him about the situation at work and I didn't have any problems with that. But when I found out how some of those workers that had been retrenched by me, had actually reached out to Harabeoji, it made me upset especially when he questioned my decision.

"Stop thinking about what Harabeoji had said. He was just curious and I don't think he's against your decision even though some of those workers were his friends. He did admitted that he should have let them go from the company when he was still in-charge."

"If he had done so, I would not have to deal with this kind of mess right now. I'm not saying that he had not done a good job at the company. It's just that he could have done better." I replied as I felt a slight pressure on the bed when Krystal laid down beside me and snuggled close, wrapping her arms around my waist. 

"Are you feeling stress right now?" Krystal asked as I turned sideways to look at her before nodding my head. "I know of a way on how to relieve your stress. But you need to remove your t-shirt first."

"Mwo?" I sprung up from my position instinctively and looked at Krystal with a puzzled expression. "Ssssttt..... Stress reliever? Re.. re...remove what?"

"Your t-shirt. I'm going to give you a shoulder massage. I heard that when you're stressed out, the shoulder will become very tensed so it's good to release the tensions in that area so that you will feel more relax before going to sleep." Krystal replied with an innocent look while I slowly grinned shyly at her. "What's with that expression? Yah!!!!! What were you thinking?"

"Anni, anni.. I was not thinking about that." I quickly shifted away as Krystal's eyes widened.

"That? What does 'that' refers to?" Krystal questioned me again as I stood up and dashed towards the bathroom. "Yah, why are you running away?"

"You told me to shower earlier." I shouted a reply just when I was about to close the bathroom door behind me.

Krystal's POV

"You told me to shower earlier."

I just watched as Eunjin pulled the bathroom door behind her before I heard her laughing out loud inside. She must have felt embarassed for her actions and thoughts earlier as I just shook my head and smiled at how cute my girlfriend was. Seeing how flustered she was, I was reminded about the very first time both of us were intimate and it caused me to blush also.

"Stupid, Eunjin." I mumbled to myself before standing up to grab a drink since I was starting to feel a little hot.

I had just walked a few steps away from the bed when my phone rang. Unnie's name appeared on the screen so I answered it.

"Jung Soojung... where are you?"

I was about to reply when Unnie continued talking about how everyone was waiting for me and that was when I remembered the bachelorette party which Tiffany-unnie had organised for Sica-unnie tonight and it would be starting in 10mins time.

"Oh my god, the party!!!"

"Yah, Jung Soojung!! Don't tell me you had forgotten about it when I was talking about it to you the whole day when we were together at the mall. By the way, where are you now? You had better be on your way home right now. R.I.G.H.T Now!!!"

"Arraseo, arraseo."

I quickly ended the call and dashed into the bathroom without thinking, which Eunjin surprisingly didn't locked. She was about to exit from the shower when I entered.

"Aaahhhhhh!!!"

"Sorry, sorry... I didn't expect the door to be unlock." I turned around quickly as Eunjin grabbed her towel that was hung at the side wall. "I'm really sorry."

"Why did you rush in, anyway? Did something happen?" Eunjin asked as I could sense that she was trying her best to quickly put on some clothes while I continued staring at the open door in front of me.

"I didn't mean to barge in on purpose but could you send me to my Unnie's place as soon as possible? I had forgotten that the bachelorette party was tonight."

"Bachelorette party? I thought Yuri told me that it was tomorrow night."

"Yuri-unnie's party is tomorrow but unnie's party is tonight. That was why she went to freshen herself up with spa and treatments at the mall earlier. She had yelled at me to hurry home from the phone call earlier since everyone had arrived and were waiting for me."

"What time is the party supposed to start?"

"Hhhhmmmm.. in less than 10mins?" I turned around slightly to show Eunjin my pitiful expression as I saw her eyes widened while she scrambled out of the bathroom quickly, pulling my hands along.

In 30mins time, we managed to reach Unnie's apartment since Eunjin rode her bike and we were able to squeeze through the traffic. Tiffany-unnie, Yoona-unnie and Seohyun were already there when we arrived. The moment they saw me coming home with Eunjin, they were smiling cheekily at me except for my sister who was giving me the cold stare.

I kept apologising to everyone while Eunjin excused herself since she was not supposed to be there. Just when she was about to walk to the main door, Unnie stopped her and asked about Yuri's party tomorrow. It seemed that Yuri-unnie had been keeping the plans for tomorrow a secret from Sica-unnie.

"The plan? Isn't it suppose to be a secret from all of you? Furthermore, both you and Yuri had already promised each other not to let out any info about your own parties." Eunjin smirked cheekily while Sica-unnie rolled her eyes at her. "I know all of you had taken the day off from work tomorrow since you'll be partying all night. So enjoy yourselves then."

I followed Eunjin to the door to send her off as Eunjin waved goodbye to everyone before leaning in to give me a peck on my cheek. "Enjoy yourself too. But don't be naughty."

************************

I just woke up. Still feeling tired though. - Krystal

I smiled at the message that I had received from Krystal before telling her to eat something since she had missed her breakfast. It was already 1pm when she messaged me and I knew that the girls had just returned home at around 8am in the morning earlier. Krystal left me a message last night when she was about to leave her sister's place, saying that the girls had decided to spend some time at a pub.

Knowing that she's with the other girls, I was fine with it even though I was still a little worried. Krystal told me that she would not be able to message me any further details since her sister had caught her messaging me. Her sister didn't want Yuri to find out what they were doing during the party since they had given each other permission to let loose for the night.

I had just put my phone aside when I heard the sound of the lift arriving. Looking up to face the lift door, I saw Sunny, Yuri and Taeyeon walking in while chatting away. We had planned to have lunch together since it's been awhile that we had done so. We decided to eat at Twin Towers as we needed to meet up with Sooyoung too to discuss about our plans later.

The tall shikshin was standing behind the cashier counter when we arrived as Hyoyeon greeted us before showing us to a table. Sooyoung joined in after she was done with her work and even ordered her own food.

"Where's Yoona?" Sunny asked as Sooyoung replied that her girlfriend had taken the day off.

"They had their bachelorette party last night." Yuri commented as Sunny looked as if she had just remembered about it.

"Fany came home just when I was about to go to work this morning. She was grinning cheekily at me, a little intoxicated from my point of view even though she had denied it. Fany's a good drinker so if she was in that condition, I don't know how the other girls would be." Taeyeon shook her head before stuffing a handful of fries into .

"If all of them were tipsy, who's the one who drove them home?" Sunny asked as everyone looked at each other before replying at the same time.

"Seohyun."

We laughed out loud at our similar answers before commenting about how Seohyun would be the only level-headed person left if things got out of hand.

"They must have anticipated that they would be drinking a lot which is why they invited Seohyun to join them. My little sister don't drink a lot and she's very disciplined." Yuri said.

"True. Unlike her two elder sisters." I added my own comments before the rest of them started laughing again while Yuri showed me her fist with gritted teeth.

We ended lunch after finalising our meeting time and place for the evening before going back to our own work. Since I had already updated Harabeoji about the proposal that Jihyun had given me and with Harabeoji's agreement, I was starting to get busy to finalise everything. I had made plans to meet up with Jihyun after Yuri's wedding for the final meeting before signing the proposal so I had to make sure that everything was in order.

My phone rang just when I was about to clear my table. It was already 5pm when I saw Krystal's name appearing on my phone screen.

"Hello, sweetheart."

"Hi, Stupid."

I heard Krystal chuckling on the other end before I asked her if she had eaten and what she was doing at the moment. Krystal replied that her sister had ordered food for both of them and at the moment, she was just lazing around on her bed. Asking if she had fun last night, Krystal replied that she did even though she ended up being really tired.

"Are you still in the office? Aren't you going to Yuri-unnie's party?"

"Yes, I am. I'm just about to leave the office now. We are meeting up later at Twin Towers around 6pm." I replied as I grabbed my bag and made my way to the lift.

"What will you guys be doing later? Are you all taking leave from work tomorrow?"

"Anni. Only Yuri would not be working. Her vacation leave starts tomorrow until she's back from her honeymoon. Taeyeon and Sunny had applied for half-day leave so they will report to work after lunch. Sooyoung said that she would see how's her condition tomorrow but Yoona will be in at the cafe to supervise everything. For me, I have yet to decide what time I would be reporting to work but I have informed Ms Jeon about it. So I might be coming in late or not coming to work at all. It all depends on how things will go tonight."

"Perks of being your own boss." Krystal replied as I just chuckled at her comment. "But you still didn't answer my question. What will you guys be doing later?"

"Isn't that suppose to be a secret?" I asked teasingly as I imagined Krystal pouting at my answer. "Don't worry. We'll take care of each other and I promise to be good."

"Fine. Enjoy yourself then and send my regards to the other unnies. Message me whenever you can, okay?"

Nodding my head and replying to her that I would do so, I ended the call just when I was reaching my car. The sound of a loud horn startled me as I turned behind with my hand on my heart.

"Eunjin-ah, see you later." 

I saw Taeyeon's hand waving at me from her car as she drove past. I waved back at her and gave her a thumbs up before entering my car. 

No one's POV

"Whose car are we going to use?" Yuri asked as everyone pointed to Sooyoung, who just nodded her head. "Let's go then."

"Where are you guys going, anyway?" Yoona stood in front of her sister with a cheeky grin, just when Yuri was about to stand up from the table.

Taeyeon, Yuri, Sunny and Eunjin had gathered at Twin Towers as requested by Sooyoung. She had prepared an early dinner meal for everyone before they were to proceed with their next plan.

"Where did you girls went yesterday?" Yuri shot back a question as Yoona pouted before sticking out her tongue. "I can see that someone's already being protective of her sister-in-law. I'm not going to tell you if you're not telling me anything."

The other girls chuckled as Yoona rolled her eyes and walked towards the cashier  before all of us made our way to the door. Sooyoung went up to the cashier counter to bid her girlfriend farewell.

"I'll seat at the back." Yuri quickly volunteered herself followed by Taeyeon and Sunny when we were standing beside Sooyoung's car. "Eunjin, is this your first time taking a ride with Sooyoung?"

Eunjin nodded her head as Yuri suggested for her to seat in front to experience Sooyoung's driving skills.

"What's with her driving skills?" 

Yuri, Sunny and Taeyeon could only grin cheekily as Sooyoung arrived at the car. Once she pressed the button to open the car doors, the 3 girls quickly rushed to the back seat, leaving Eunjin looking clueless.

"Yah!! That's so obvious." Sooyoung yelled at the laughing trio at the back before turning to face Eunjin. "Don't worry. I'm a good driver. They're just exaggerating."

Eunjin could only gave a small smile as she took her seat in the front while the other 3 girls continued laughing.

40mins later, they arrived at their destination which was recommended by Hyoyeon. A 3-storey building which would usually be rented for private parties. The first floor consist of a small pub that had a billiard table at the corner. The 2nd floor had a bowling alley while the 3rd floor had an open concept mini garden with a swimming pool that can fit around 10 people in it.

Hyoyeon knew the owner of the building and had helped the girls to rent it for the night. Yuri had wanted to pay for the rental but the other girls decided to share the amount among themselves without Yuri having to pay a single cent.

Eunjin quickly exited the car once Sooyoung switched off the engine. She was massaging her temples when Yuri walked up to her and patted her back. Taeyeon and Sunny were soon standing beside them as they took turns to thank Eunjin.

"Why are you all thanking me?"

"Because you sat in the front on our behalf." Yuri answered as Taeyeon and Sunny nodded their heads before they broke into a laughter. 

Sooyoung walked up to them as Eunjin quickly grabbed the collar of her jacket.

"Yah!! Where did you even learn to drive? Do you know how dizzy I am with your consistent jam brakes? And I almost had a heart attack every time you stop just right behind the car in front of you. Don't you practice the safe distance rule between cars?" Eunjin's grumbling caused Yuri, Taeyeon and Sunny to laugh even louder as Sooyoung had an innocent look on her face. "I'm not going to allow you to drive me around anymore. Poor Yoona."

The 4 of them shook their heads and let out a sigh before walking away to the main door as Sooyoung questioned about what that was supposed to mean.

"Hello and welcome."

A familiar voice greeted them as they waved their hands at Hyoyeon, who was already there, waiting for them. She had taken the day off from work so that she could help the girls to get the place ready with drinks and food.

"Thanks, Hyo. For recommending this place and even renting it out for us." Yuri said as Hyoyeon just showed a thumbs up to her. "Since we'll be able to play a few different games here, let's decide on some rewards and punishments, shall we?"

The girls started off with playing two rounds of billiard before moving up to the second floor for another two rounds of bowling. It was already midnight when they finally went up to the 3rd floor where the open area and swimming pool was located.