Chapter 49

Hard But Easy

I bowed my head and shook heads with every single one of them as they took turns to exit the conference room. Most of them were elderly men, some were even the same age as Harabeoji. Only a few were of the younger generation but none were around my age. After the last one left the room, I sat down on the chair and let out a deep sigh. I heard a chuckle as I turned my head to look at Harabeoji who was smiling.

"Having a hard time?" He asked as I just pouted. "You still need to follow me to the court for Byun Yoo Han's hearing later."

I nodded my head as he patted my shoulder. He told me to rest for a while before meeting him at the carpark in 30mins time. Both of us were summoned to court to give our testimonials for Byun Yoo Han's case.

A few weeks ago, both me and Harabeoji had met up with him at the prison. Initially, I wanted to let him off and Harabeoji was even willing to follow my suggestion but when Uncle Park found out that Byun Yoo Han had plotted his own father's death, we decided that this man was too evil to be forgiven. I'm not sure how Uncle Park managed to find out about all these things but I didn't want to probe any further.

When we met him at the prison, we told Byun that he would be forgiven for everything that he had done to us. We managed to get him to sign an agreement for him to let go of his shares in Hanjin Corporation. He seemed pleased with our decision but without him knowing, we had actually asked Uncle Park to submit the evidence of his father's death to the police.

After our testimonial at the court, where the judge agreed to let him out on bail based on our request, we saw Byun Yoo Han at the carpark and he was acting arrogant once again. He saw us walking to our car and tried to approach us but Harabeoji's bodyguards blocked him away. He laughed and said that we were stupid to let him go.

"I will never stop until Hanjin Corporation becomes mine." He said with a smirk.

I could only sigh and shook my head as Harabeoji quickly ushered me into the car. Once inside, I noticed that Harabeoji was looking a little upset. When I asked him about it, he said that he pitied his old friend. Being killed by his own son who was impatient about taking over the company.

"He was a good man but I think he spoiled his son too much. That is why he grew up into such a person. When you pamper your kid too much, sometimes it's bad for the kid. Everything that he wanted, my friend would give to him. Even when he mixed with the wrong group of people during his teenage years, his father stood by him. I did gave him some advice when he was still alive but he didn't listened. I hope justice will be served for his death." Harabeoji said as I pointed out to the window.

At that time, a group of officers had walked up to Byun Yoo Han, who was just about to get into his car. We saw how he tried to wrestle his way out from the officers before one of them placed a handcuff on him.

"I believe that justice will prevail." I said as Harabeoji nodded his head.

"Seeing him like this, I feel very fortunate to have a son like your Appa. I know that I didn't contribute much to his upbringing. Thanks to your Halmeoni, your Appa grew up to be a fine man."

I smiled at him as I patted his hand. Harabeoji continued talking about how he has so many regrets in this life that he didn't even know where to begin. He admitted that he was a workaholic and rarely had time for his family. He wasn't there most of the time, when his family needed him.

"Even right now, I feel too embarass to face your Appa if I ever meet him again once I'm up there." Harabeoji commented as I shook my head.

"You will always be his hero, Harabeoji. Appa always tell me that. He will tell me stories of those times when he was younger and you will bring him out to fishing, play basketball or ice hockey with him. He learned to play the guitar from you. Everytime when Appa teach me how to play the guitar, he would always say that he learned it from you." I said as I saw Harabeoji's eyes became watery. "I'm sorry, Harabeoji. I didn't mean to make you sad."

"Gwenchana. I'm just sad that he left us so early." Harabeoji rubbed his whole face before he smiled at me. "You are a prove that my son and daughter-in-law were great parents. And I'm proud of that."

He rubbed my head before both of us sat in silence as the car continued the journey back to the office.

************************

Yuri laughed out loud as I facepalmed myself at her reaction. When I realised that her laughter was getting louder and attracting unnecessary attention, I tried to cover which ended up with us tussling one another.

"What are the two of you doing?"

Jessica's voice caused us to pause as I saw Krystal standing beside her sister. Yuri and I were supposed to go on a double date with the Jung sisters but we arrived 15mins earlier at the apartment carpark. While waiting for our girlfriends to come down, I decided to ask Yuri something.

(Flashback a few minutes ago)

"Hey, Yul. Can I ask you something?"

Yuri smiled and nodded her head as I scratched the back of my neck, unsure on how I should even start asking her.

"Hhhmmm.... it's about... ahhhh... you know.. that thing.. as in.. you and Sica.. hhhhmm... I..."

"Yah, pabo. What are you trying to ask? And why are you stuttering?" Yuri knocked my head lightly as I let out a sigh.

"I.. I... I'm not sure how to actually ask you about it. It's something... a little private."

"Private?" Yuri frowned as she looked at me for a minute before she started to grin. "Just ask whatever that you're not sure of. If I know the answer, I will tell you."

"It's about... being intimate with each other." I finally let out the word and closed my eyes momentarily since I could feel my cheeks becoming warmer.

That was the start of Yuri's on-going laughter.

(End of flashback)

As I blinked my eyes rapidly while waiting for Yuri to stop laughing, the Jung sisters continued to stare at us with folded arms. We must have looked like idiots in front of them as Yuri kept pointing at me and chuckled.

"She.. was.. asking.. about.." Yuri tried to explain in between her laughter as I quickly covered and glared at her.

"Asking about what?" Krystal asked as I shook my head and elbowed Yuri on her stomach secretly.

"Let's get going. We're going to be late for our lunch reservation." I quickly grabbed Krystal's wrist and brought her to my bike which was parked a distance away from Yuri's car.

Lucky for me, Krystal didn't asked much as I put on the helmet for her and rode off to our destination. We arrived earlier than Yuri so we went ahead and entered the restauran which was at Namsan tower. We were ushered to our table as I told the person that we were expecting two more person to join us.

"So what actually happened back there? At the carpark between you and Yuri?" Krystal asked as I chuckled nervously and said that we were just teasing each other.

Since it was a buffet, I told Krystal to go and get the food first while I waited for her sister and Yuri. After Krystal left, I let out a sigh and looked out at the scenery outside.

"I shouldn't have asked Yuri about it. But who else can I seek help from? Taeyeon? Not a good idea. She's too erted. Sooyoung?" I mumbled to myself and leaned back against the chair. "I should have seek help from Sooyoung instead. Pabo, Eunjin-ah."

I was mentally scolding myself and didn't realised that Yuri and Jessica had arrived at the table. When I heard the sound of chairs being pulled, I was taken aback when I felt a sharp pain on my ear as it was pulled by Jessica.

"Aarrrgghhh, arrgghhh... Wae?!!" I asked as I looked at Yuri, who then pointed at her right ear which had turned red.

"Trying to be intimate with my sister, is it? What is it did you want to know? Instead of Yuri, I'll be answering it for you." Jessica sat down on the seat beside me as I swallowed my saliva at her icy glare.

"I.. I wasn't.."

"Don't lie. Yuri had already told me everything in the car earlier. She said that you wanted to ask about how to be intimate with each other. And don't try to twist your words because I know what kind of intimacy you are referring too." Jessica's tone of voice was firm.

I bit my lips and glared at Yuri who had a guilty expression before I head Krystal's voice from a distance. She was calling out to her sister so Jessica had no choice but to leave. The moment she left, I kicked Yuri's leg under the table.

"Yah!!" Yuri whispered while gritting her teeth as she rubbed her shin profusely. "That hurts."

"Serves you right for telling Sica about our conversation. How can you tell her about this? You do know how protective she is towards her sister, right?" I clenched my teeth and glared at Yuri, showing her that I was really upset with the whole thing.

"What do you expect me to do? She was giving me the icy glare and was pulling my ear all the way here. Did you see how red my ear is? Do you know how much pain I was put through because of you?" Yuri pouted before both of us let out a sigh. "Anyway, what's with the sudden question? About that thing."

I scratched my head and told Yuri about what happened on the night that all of us had spend at Harabeoji's mansion.

"She suddenly came on to me and even though she was just teasing me, I felt so embarassed about the incident. Imagine she was right on top of me and I didn't even dare to look straight into her eyes and stayed frozen there. I was sure that I was turning into a tomato and was even stammering." I facepalmed myself when I was reminded about the incident that night.

"But I thought Krystal has been sleeping over at your place for a few times already." Yuri had a confused look as I nodded my head,

"It's true that we sleep on the same bed but there's a bolster in between us." I explained as Yuri questioned about the bolster. "Actually, I was the one who placed in there."

"Seriously? A bolster? What are you, 6yrs old?" Yuri started to chuckle while I pouted. "You are really inexperience, dude. You have a long way to go."

"And here I am, thinking that you might be of any help. I don't want Krystal to think that I'm rejecting her." I said as I placed my palm under my chin and stared at nothing on the table. "Only god knows how many times I've been tempted. Krystal is so hot and y. That body, that curves....."

"Hhhhmmmmm... Eunjin." Yuri kept tapping my free hand, trying to grab my attention. "I think you should stop talking."

I looked up to see Yuri wriggling her eyes at me, gesturing for me to look behind as I did so. A nervous grin appeared on my face as I saw Jessica staring straight at me while Krystal was blushing with both her hands carrying plates of food.

"Have.. have.. a seat." I quickly stood up and helped Krystal with the plates. "I'll go and get us some drinks."

"I'll come along to help." Yuri stood up instantly as both of us quickly made a dash away from the table.

Krystal's POV

"Only god knows how many times I've been tempted. Krystal is so hot and y. That body, that curves....."

I paused right behind Eunjin as I heard everything that she said. Instantly, my cheeks became warmer and if not because of the two plates of food that I was holding, I would have covered my face in embarassment. Especially when Sica-unnie was just beside me. I saw Yuri-unnie tapping Eunjin's hand frantically before my girlfriend turned her head around and grinned nervously.

"Have.. have.. a seat. I'll go and get us some drinks." I saw her dashing off with Yuri-unnie behind her after helping me to place the plates on the table.

As I pulled the chair to sit down, I was reminded of the night where I had and how cute her reaction was. It brought a smile on my face before Sica-unnie's voice erased the smile off.

"I can't believe the two of them are talking about you in that manner. Those two are going to get it from me later." Sica-unnie folded her arms and frowned.

"What do you mean, Unnie? I don't see anything wrong about it though." 

"Nothing wrong? Yah, Jung Soojung. Since when did you allow others to talk like that about you? Talking about your physical appearance and fantasizing about it." 

"Unnie, you're exaggerating. From how I see it, Eunjin was not fantasizing, She was just admiring. That girl didn't even know how to react when I on the bed that night." I explained as I saw Sica-unnie's eyes widened before she told me to elaborate further.

So I told her about what happened when we were in her Appa's room that night before I added on that Eunjin even placed a bolster in between us when I slept over at her place. All this while, Sica-unnie kept nodding her head and even agreeing to the part about the bolster.

"But Unnie, frankly speaking, sometimes I wish that me and Eunjin would be more intimate than how we are right now. Shouldn't we at least cuddle to sleep?" I pouted as I saw Sica-unnie shaking her head vigorously. 

"Anni, anni... Just leave the bolster there. You are still too young, Soojungie."

"Young? Seriously, Unnie? I've just graduated from University and you think that I'm still young." I was surprised at Sica-unnie's words since I didn't expected her to think of me like that.

"Yes you are, Soojung. That is why I have to keep a look out for you even when at work. They are people in the office who are just kind to you because you are my sister. You shouldn't get too close to them."

By now, I was feeling very upset with how Sica-unnie was treating me. No wonder a lot of the girls in the office were staying away from me and didn't even want to eat lunch with me when I asked them to.

"I don't need you to look out for me at work or even in my relationship, Unnie. I know how to choose my friends and I have a lot of faith in Eunjin. She's not the type who is irresponsible." I clenched my teeth and glared at Sica-unnie who seemed a little taken aback with my reactions.

"Is everything okay here?"

I turned to my side and saw Eunjin along with Yuri-unnie, standing by the side of the table with confused expressions. Both of them were carrying two glasses of water each as they sat down beside me and Sica-unnie.

************************

I just leaned back against the couch as I observed how Krystal paced up and down the apartment with her arms folded and a frown on her face. Ever since we left the restaurant earlier, she had been keeping silent and would only talked when she needed to. I knew that something must had happened between her and her sister when Yuri and I left to grab the drinks but I didn't probe further.

It was the most awkward lunch that I had ever had. Both Krystal and Jessica were just giving each other glances without saying anything. It was literally only me and Yuri talking and trying our best to get the sisters to join in the conversation. In the end, we left the restaurant after only an hour inside. Krystal immediately said goodbye to both Yuri and Jessica as she pulled me to the bike, asking me to take her home to my apartment. She had remained silence right up to now.

That was until my phone beeped. Krystal stopped and looked at me as I pulled out my phone from my jeans pocket. A slight frown appeared on my expression as I bit my lips while reading the message.

I'm not done with you yet. Don't try to do anything funny to my little sister. - Jessica

"Who is it?"

I almost dropped my phone when Krystal suddenly stood beside me and asked as I showed her the message.

"Oh my god. I can't believe this. Why is she even trying to control me? So what if I end up having with you. It's my choice and I'm old enough to decide on my own."

Krystal flared up as I could only blinked my eyes rapidly. My heart was beating faster than usual. Might be due to the fact that I was taken aback by Krystal's outburst or I believed it was most probably of the word '' that came out from Krystal's mouth.

"I don't care. I'm going to complain about Unnie's behaviour to Appa and Omma. I believe that they would not be happy with what she's doing to me right now too."

"Eerrmmmm... Krystal? Are you going to tell your parents about what you said earlier? About the '' thingy?" I chuckled nervously and swallowed my saliva as I started to feel a little hot due to embarassment.

"Of course not. That's too.... direct." Krystal blushed too when she was reminded of her outburst earlier before she finally sat down beside me. "Unnie told me that she's been looking after me even at work and I suspected that she might have done something. The girls in my office are trying their best to avoid me, which was a total different scenario compared to the times when I had just started working there. Nowadays, nobody seemed interested in having lunch with me anymore."

My heart hurt a little when I saw Krystal pouting as I placed my hand over her shoulders and pulled her closer. She placed her head on my shoulder and continued pouting before she told me that she had actually confessed to her sister about wanting to be more intimate with me.

"I told her that I wanted to at least cuddle to sleep instead of having the bolster between us but she kept insisting that we should leave the bolster between us. She commented that I was still too young for these kind of intimacy." Krystal rolled her eyes as she elaborated her story.

"You should have just told me about it. I'll remove the bolster from now on." I said as I smiled at her before she asked me the reason for putting the bolster there in the first place. "Honestly, I was not comfortable initially. It's my first time sharing a bed with someone so I was a little conscious of my sleeping habits. But after a while, I got used to it although the bolster remained in place."

"So it's not because you don't find me attractive enough?" Krystal tilted her head and looked up at me with a cheeky grin.

"Don't pretend as if you didn't hear my embarassing confession in the restaurant earlier. About you being hot and y." I rolled my eyes at Krystal who was giggling. 

************************

Yuri just stared at the laptop in front of her as she tried to look through the paperwork that she had brought back from the office. It's been coming to two weeks since she had started to work at Hanjin and she was already feeling the pressure. Beside her, there wre about 10 other females working in the same department which was dominated by male workers. One of them was a Fleet manager, another one had the same position as her and the remaining were junior technicians.

The other girl, who held the same position as her, was reporting to the female Fleet manager while Yuri had to report to an elderly man by the name of Mr Choo. A name that Yuri had started to hate by now.

He was very skeptical about Yuri's abilities, almost not listening to things that was suggested by her. He gave Yuri the impression that he didn't like females to be involved in these kind of line which he said was for men to deal with. 

Mentally, Yuri was feeling down at work but she didn't mentioned it to anyone. She remembered how it was when she was taking her degree. The discrimination between genders had already been shown during that period except that it was much harsher in work life. Yuri thought that sooner or later, everything would be fine.

"Yah, Kwon Yuri. Have you been listening to what I said?"

Jessica's voice interrupted her thoughts as Yuri turned behind to look at her girlfriend who was seated on the bed with her back leaning against the headrest.

"I'm sorry. I didn't hear what you said since I was looking through my paperwork." Yuri admitted honestly as Jessica folded her arms. "But I know you were talking about Krystal and Eunjin earlier."

"That's right. I messaged Eunjin to tell her not to do anything funny to my sister but she didn't even bother to reply back to me. I know she had read the message."

"Why would you message that to Eunjin? What kind of funny things are you referring to anyway?" Yuri asked since her mind was filled with her work stuff that she couldn't really thing straight.

"I'm asking her not to be too intimate with my sister. As in not to do 'that' stuff. Soojung is still young." Jessica explained with a tint of unhappiness.

"Your sister is already an adult. She's no longer a teenager. Cut her some slack, Sica. Furthermore, we know who Eunjin is. She's responsible and trustworthy." Yuri responded and was about to turn her body to continue with her work when a pillow was thrown at her.

"Just because Soojung is not your sister, doesn't mean that you don't have to care about her. Well, I do. And I will protect my sister no matter what."

Yuri looked at the pillow, which was lying on the floor by now, and took a deep breathe. Closing her laptop and grabbing it, she stood up and turned her body towards Jessica.

"Just for your info. I have two younger sisters that I cared about a lot. Just like how you cared about Krystal. But you don't see me worrying or controlling their lives like what you are doing. Protecting your sister doesn't mean that you have to control their every move or every decision. Protecting means trusting them in everything that they do and even if they make a wrong move, you'll be there to support and encourage them. They need to learn to be independent and be responsible with every decision they make. You can be there to guide and assist but you should never control or make decisions for them. They are adults and need to be treated with respect like one."

Jessica blinked her eyes rapidly as she saw how serious Yuri was at the moment. It made her feel a little nervous as she bit her lips and tried to digest whatever that Yuri had said.

"I need some time alone to finish my paperwork. Maybe I'll just sleep outside at the living room."

And with that Yuri left Jessica alone in the bedroom.