Chapter 61

Hard But Easy

"Why were you and Yuri-unnie competing in the pool earlier?"

I stopped in my tracks as I looked up to face Krystal. Our dinner were over about an hour ago as everyone helped out to clear away the dishes and the leftover food. Once cleaning was done, Krystal and Jessica had proceeded back to their rooms while I folllowed Yuri to the car to take our backpacks. When I entered the room, Krystal was sitting at the edge of the bed while watching something on TV. Placing my backpack at the side of the room, I was asked that question which caught me offguarded.

"Just for the fun of it." I replied with a nervous grin.

"Really?" Krystal asked again but this time round, her arms were folded as she stared at me. "You know that I hate it if you keep things from me, right?"

"We were competing for the rooms." I quickly replied, not wanting to get on Krystal's bad side for the night.

"Rooms? You mean Yuri-unnie wanted to exchange rooms with us?" Krystal's question was met by a nod from me. "That's funny. Sica-unnie wanted to exchange room too. She asked when we were washing the dishes earlier. Why would they want to exchange rooms though? If I'm not wrong, their room is much bigger than ours."

"y time." I answered shortly before opening my backpack to search for my sleepwear

"...y... ti..."

Krystal didn't manage to complete her words when something dropped out from my backpack. As the both of us stared at the object, we could feel our cheeks starting to get warm and I had to swallow my saliva hard. Grabbing the thing and shoving it quickly into my backpack, both of us looked at each other and chuckled shyly.

"I.. I.. I don't know how that thing got into my bag." I scratched the back of my head as I kept chuckling nervously. "It's not mine.. I swear it's not mine."

Krystal looked at me for a minute before she looked down on the floor while cupping her cheeks. I rummaged through my backpack again and pulled out my sleepwear that I've been looking for since earlier.

"Is that... what I think it is? A... a feel.. a feeldoe?" Krystal asked with stammering words, trying to hide her shyness.

"How did you even know the name of that thing?" I asked in a curious tone.

"I've seen it before somewhere. A feeldoe is a strapless ." Krystal replied as she frowned a little as if trying to remember where she had seen the thing before. "I think I saw it when I went shopping with Tiffany-unnie. On the same day that she had brought me along to the Victoria Secret shop."

I was about to ask further when I heard my phone beeping, indicating an incoming call. Taking out my phone from my pcoket to read the message, I finally found out how that thing managed to get into my backpack.

I hope you like the 'little' gift we bought for you. It's from me and Taeyeon. For your enhanced pleasure. We guarantee that you'll be very thankful to us. - Yuri

"Who messaged you?" Krystal asked as I showed her my phone. "Ouuhh..."

While Krystal was reading, another message arrived. I saw her cheeks turning red as she handed the phone back to me quickly before she grabbed a towel and rushed to the bathroom after telling me that she wanted to shower first. Feeling a little confused at her actions, I looked at my phone and found the reason to it.

For your info, I purposely allowed you to win earlier since you admitted to me that you wanted a y time with Krystal tonight. She's going to be away for some time so I think that you'll need the room more than I do. But don't be too loud. No matter what, her parents are still in the same house. - Yuri

Facepalming myself at Yuri's messages, I realised that my cheeks were very hot at the moment. As I took deep breathe to stabilise my breathing, I heard the sound of the shower in the bathroom. It finally dawned on me that this would be the last weekend that I could spend time with Krystal. Next Friday, she would be flying off to New York for her studies. Even though we still have 5 more days before that, with work and family, I won't be able to spend that much time with her anymore.

"What are you thinking about? You seem lost in your own thoughts."

I turned to my side and saw Krystal walking out from the bathroom in her pyjamas while drying her hair. Grinning dorkily, I grabbed my sleepwear and made my way towards her.

"I was thinking about you and how much I'm going to miss you when you're not around."

Smiling to her, I kissed her on the forehead before entering the bathroom and closing the door behind me.

************************

All of us woke up early the next day. Since we were taking a late flight back to Seoul, we decided to go for a short sight-seeing in Jeju. The car that we rented yesterday was a 7-seater one so all of us were able to use just one car. Appa Jung took the wheels so Omma Jung sat beside him. Behind them were Yuri and Jessica so Krystal and I took the last row.

"Both of you at the back. No hanky panky." Yuri teased us the moment everyone was seated.

"I'm not like you." I answered as Yuri tilted her head slightly towards our direction.

"How's the gift?" She asked as I replied that I didn't used it. "Really? You guys slept early last night?"

"Anni, we spent the night cuddling up while watching a movie. We slept around 1am." I replied as Krystal nodded her head in agreement.

"What gift did you gave her?"

The 3 of us turned our heads at the direction of the voice as Jessica waited for our reply.

"A perfume. But I think Eunjin didn't really like it." Yuri answered as she chuckled nervously.

Jessica continued asking as to why Yuri would give me a perfume out of the blue but we were saved by Appa who asked us about our preference as to where we wanted to have our breakfast and lunch.

"Your unnie is scary." I whispered to Krystal who just smiled at me. "I pity Yuri sometimes."

"My unnie is a nice person. She's just too overprotective sometimes. But I think she loves Yuri-unnie a lot so you don't have to worry so much."

Nodding my head, I took her hand and entwined our fingers. Kissing the back of her hand, I smiled at her before turning my head to look at the view outside as Krystal did the same.

We stopped over at an American restaurant to have our breakfast. It seemed like Appa Jung knew the owner as he introduced us to the elderly man. Since every table could only fit up to four person, Appa Jung and Omma Jung sat at another table beside us with the owner joining them.

"This is Sooyeon and Soojung? Woah.. They really grew up to be such beautiful ladies." The man, who called himself Uncle Ok, smiled as he waved his hands at the two girls. "Remember how we used to say that we would get our kids married to each other when I was still staying in Seoul?"

I saw Jessica's eyes widened when Uncle Ok said that as Appa Jung just laughed it off. Yuri, who was seated beside her, pretended like she didn't heard it and looked away.

The two men continued talking about other things while we continued eating our breakfast. I could sense that Yuri had lost her appetite so I kicked her leg lightly to grab her attention. Mouthing to her to ask if she's okay, I let out a sigh when she just nodded her head.

"Wae?" Krystal was the one who leaned in closer to ask me that question. "I noticed you sighing."

"I'm okay. I'm just concerned about Yuri. She's not eating." I jutted my lips towards Yuri's direction.

"Obviously she won't have the appetite after hearing what Uncle Ok had said." Krystal commented in a soft tone. "But Yuri-unnie shouldn't be so worried. My Unnie is never going to agree to any arranged marriage and my parents are not that the type who will force things on us."

"Eat properly." Jessica's voice caused us to look at her as she smiled at Yuri. "Don't worry. My heart is only for you."

The moment she heard Jessica's truthful words, Yuri smiled and nodded her head before she started to finish up her meal. Butit was not for long when Uncle Ok suddenly shot a question to Jessica from where he was seated.

"So Sooyeon, what's your ideal type for a husband? At this age, you should already start to look for a partner. Or is it the trend right now to be so workaholic? My son is the same age as you but he doesn't even have a girlfriend when he's so good-looking. Everytime I ask him about it, he will say that he's busy with work." Uncle Ok laughed out loud as he patted Appa Jung's back. "Your Appa says that you don't have a boyfriend. You should meet my son."

"It's true that I said both my daughters didn't have boyfriends but that doesn't mean that they're single." Appa Jung quickly explained himself before pointing at our table. "The ones beside them are their partners."

"I know, I know. You introduced them to me just now." Uncle Ok nodded his head. "Partners as in business partners, right?"

"Anni. Partners as in they're a couple. They're in love with each other." Appa Jung explained further to which, I noticed a slight frown appearing on Uncle Ok's face.

"So does that mean you won't have any grandchildren to continue your family line?" Uncle Ok asked as Appa Jung only smiled at him.

The atmosphere suddenly turned awkward before Uncle Ok excused himself, citing that he needed to check something in the kitchen. After he left the table, no one said anything until Appa Jung asked if everyone was done with their breakfast. We left the restaurant soon, after saying goodbye to Uncle Ok. In the car, the silence continued until Yuri voiced out.

"Appa Jung, I..."

"Yuri-ah.. If you feel bad about whatever happened in the restaurant, stop feeling that way. Eunjin too. Because I'm not hurt with my friend's attitude and thinking. This kind of things are still quite new to some people especially those of my generation so I could understand where he's coming from. But as a parent, all that I wish for is someone to love and take care of my daughters well. As long as my daughters are happy, then I'm happy for them. Both of you have proven yourself to be worthy of my daughters so don't brood over what happened earlier. Even if something like that happens in the future, don't take it to heart. Arraseo?"

Both of us nodded our heads and replied to him that we understood his intention. Krystal inched nearer to me and wrapped her hands around my arms.

"My Appa is cool, right?" Krystal said as I nodded my head again and showed her a thumbs up.

After that awkward moment passed, we had an enjoyable day sight-seeing around Jeju Island. The Jung siblings seemed to be enjoying it a lot, taking photos at almost every places. We stopped over for lunch at one of the famous local restaurant before making our way to the airport. Since we booked the flight later than the Jung family, our seats were separated from them.

"Did you realise that Sica was quite clingy to Krystal the whole day? She didn't even bother much about me." Yuri pouted as we took our seats in the plane.

"I think Sica wants to spend as much time with Krystal as possible. Both of them are very close to each other so obviously she's going to miss her younger sister once she left for her studies." I replied before buckling up.

"I can't believe that you didn't use the gift that I gave you last night. You should have exchange rooms with me if you guys are only planning to cuddle up." Yuri complained to me as I chuckled at her remarks. "Or is it because you didn't know how to use it?"

Rolling my eyes at her, I replied that spending the night talking and cuddling up with Krystal was more meaningful to us. Furthermore, both of us were still new to being intimate to one another.

"But two years is a long wait." Yuri commented.

"I've waited my whole life for someone like her. Two years is nothing." I replied with a wide grin on my face as Yuri pretended to barf at my cheesy remarks.

We ended up laughing at each other before we heard the captain's announcement about the flight taking off.

************************

Just like what I had expected, after the Jeju trip, I didn't see much of Krystal. She was spending a lot of time catching up with her family and friends, along with settling her work stuff. So it came as a surprise to me when I came back home on Thursday night to find her seated at the edge of my bed, watching the TV.

"Hi." Krystal waved her hands at me as I stepped into my apartment with a surprised look.

"Hey." I smiled before placing my bag on the kitchen top and made my way towards her. "How come you're here?"

"Am I not allowed to be here anymore?" Krystal pouted as I raised my eyebrow at her, indicating to her that it was not what I meant. "I wanted to spend my last night with you."

"Last night? It's never the last night with me. We're going to spend the rest of our lives together, remember?" I replied as Krystal grinned and punched my shoulder before commenting about my cheesiness. "Seriously, how come you're here? I mean, you didn't tell me that you're coming over and also said that you'll see me at the airport tomorrow."

"You're on leave tomorrow, right?" Krystal asked as I nodded my head. Krystal had informed me a few weeks ago that her flight would be in the afternoon. I had told her when we were in Jeju that I had taken leave from work on Friday so that I could send her off. "There's a change in my flight. I'm flying off at night. My parents would be bringing my stuff to the airport tomorrow so we could just meet them there."

"Really? So this means I have almost a whole day tomorrow to spend with you?"

Krystal started giggling as she commented about the wide grin on my face. She said that I looked like a kid who had just received a great present.

"Of course, I'm happy. You've been busy the past 4 days and didn't have time to spend with me. I was a little upset, thinking that the only time I have with you will be the few minutes at the airport tomorrow."

"Ooouuuhhhh... my poor baby." Krystal cupped my cheeks before she leaned in and gave me a kiss on my pouted lips. "Thank you for being so understanding the past few days. I had a good time hanging out with my friends and family. All my work stuff had been settled. But I will never forget to put aside time to spend with the person I love the most."

"You're more cheesy than me." I laughed out loud as Krystal slapped my shoulder. "By the way, have you had your dinner yet?"

Shaking her head, I asked her if she wanted to order in or eat out. When she replied that she wanted to eat at home, I told her to order us some food while I took a shower. By the time I was done, the food had already arrived and Krystal was busy rearranging it on the kitchen counter. Taking my seat beside her, I thanked her for the food as we started eating.

"How's work?" Krystal asked after we were half-way done with dinner.

"Busy. As usual. I wonder how Harabeoji managed to handle everything by himself." I said before I paused and frowned. "Oh yes. He had Uncle Park to assist him. Should I employ someone to help me too? Maybe someone young and pretty..."

"Yah!!" Krystal turned to face me and pinched my thigh as I grimaced in pain. "Don't you dare try to be funny when I'm not around."

"I haven't finish my sentence yet." I said with a pout as Krystal folded her arms and asked me to continue. "Maybe someone young and pretty, who will only be back in two years time."

Rolling her eyes at me, she stucked out her tongue and turned her body away from me while I chuckled at her reactions. We ended our dinner soon enough as I helped her with the dishes. Deciding to watch a movie, both of us cuddled up on the bed and waited for the movie to start.

"Eunjin-ah, what should I do if I miss you a lot when I'm there?"

Feeling a little weird at Krystal's question, I paused the movie and turned to face her. Asking her what's wrong, she sighed and bit her lips.

"At times like this, I will start doubting my decision to study abroad. Come to think of it, two years is quite a long time." Krystal sighed again.

Tightening my hug around her waist, I placed my chin on her shoulder. "I'll wait for you. Don't worry about me. Just concentrate on your studies."

"What if someone better comes along?" Krystal tilted her head to face me.

"I can ask you the same question too. I'm sure there will be plenty of good choices for you over there." I replied as Krystal shook her head. "Whatever your answer is, it will be the same for me too."

A smile appeared on Krystal's face as we continued to watch the movie before going off to sleep.

Time really past faster when you were having a good time. From the time we woke up, right up to the time we entered the departure hall, Krystal and I had been smiling all the way. We had breakfast together, watched a movie at the cinema and had lunch before playing some games at the arcade. We were too caught up in the games that we almost forgot about the dinner plans with the others.

Everyone were already seated at the restaurant when Krystal and I walked in. Appa Jung had made a reservation at a restaurant in the airport for everyone to have dinner together before Krystal flew off. I wasn't aware who was invited to the dinner so I was quite surprised to see Sooyoung, Yoona, Taeyeon and Tiffany seated at one of the tables. Sulli and Luna were also there with their parents as I took a seat beside Yuri. Krystal sat opposite of me, beside her sister.

Since it was a buffet restaurant, some of them had already started to take their own food as I saw Sooyoung's table were quite full at the moment.

"Hey Soo, is your cafe close for today?" I asked as she shook her head, telling me that Hyoyeon would be looking after the cafe for the few hours that she's not around.

"I didn't know you took leave today." Taeyeon said as she informed me that she had wanted to see me about some matters earlier. "I left the paperworks with your secretary. She said that you'll be coming in for half-day tomorrow."

"You're going to work tomorrow? On a Saturday?" Krystal seemed surprised to hear Taeyeon's remarks as I nodded my head.

"I'll only report for half-day. Need to clear some of today's workload before it piled up."

"If I knew that it's going to be troublesome for you, I won't have asked you to take leave today." Krystal pouted as I just smiled at her, telling her that everything would be under control.

Dinner continued as we talked about Taeyeon's and Tiffany's wedding next week that would be held in LA, Tiffany's hometown. Everyone started to get excited, each with their own plans about when they're going over and what they would be wearing. The wedding would be held on Saturday morning and Tiffany was thinking of having a private gathering for us on the same night. There was a change of plan where the wedding in LA will be held first followed by the one in Seoul.

"But I'm not sure if Eunjin would be able to join us for that private gathering." Taeyeon said as she shifted her attention towards me. "Sunny told me that you'll be having a big presentation on Monday morning with some new companies. Due to the travelling distance and the difference in time, Eunjin might need to leave on Saturday night itself and reached Seoul in the early mornings of Monday."

The rest of the girls had no problem getting away from work except for me. Even Sooyoung would be closing the cafe from Friday to Tuesday, just so that everyone at the cafe could attend the wedding. Yuri and Sunny had already submitted their leaves for next week while Taeyeon would be away from work for almost two weeks.

"I'll see what I can do about it." I could only managed to answer that as I noticed a small sigh from Krystal.

**************************

"Don't forget to eat well, rest well when you're there. Don't put too much pressure on yourself." Omma Jung hugged her younger daughter tightly as Krystal rubbed her mom's back.

Once they released themselves from the hug, it was Appa Jung's turn to receive a hug from his daughter.

"Don't forget to call us whenever you're free. The 3 of you, take care of one another." Appa Jung left some advices to Sulli and Luna too.

As I stood beside Yuri and witnessed the bonding between them, a smile appeared on my face. It was Jessica's turn to hug her little sister as both of them broke down in tears. From what Yuri had told me before, it was the first time that both sisters would be separated for a long period of time.

"Are you going to cry later too?" Yuri nudged my shoulders and whispered in my ears as I frowned at her question before Yuri broke out into a teasing grin. "Just kidding. I think it's your turn now. Don't be too cheesy though. All of us just had our dinners."

Showing my fist at her, I was taken aback by the sudden warmth of someone wrapping her arms around my waist. As I returned the hug, I could feel Krystal tightening her hold on me before her shoulders started to move up and down slowly.

"Don't cry. 2 years will pass by sooner than you think. Once you're busy with studies and assignments, you won't have time to think about other stuff."

"But I'll always think about you. I'm sure of that." Krystal pulled her head away from my shoulder and frowned. "Are you asking me not to think of you?"

"I'm not saying that. I just don't want you to add burden to yourself by worrying about me. I know you will always think of me as much as I will think of you too." I cupped her cheeks and used my thumbs to wipe her tears away. "I love you. With all my heart. I just want you to remember that and know that I'll be waiting for you to come home into my arms."

Leaning in and kissing her on the lips, we gave each other a tight hug before breaking apart.

"I love you too. Wait for me, okay. Promise?"

I chuckled at Krystal's cute expression as she lifted up her pinky finger. Wrapping my finger around hers, she smiled before giggling at her own reaction.

"You guys are going to meet each other again at my wedding next week, unlike Mr and Mrs Jung who won't be attending. So don't be too dramatic, will you?" Tiffany teased as everyone else laughed at her statement.