Chapter 20

Hard But Easy

"Han Eunjin!!!"

Because of the sudden shout of my full name, I had accidentally bumped my head to the underside of the car's hood as I rubbed my head furiously due to the pain.

"Mwoya?" I shouted back as Yuri's face appeared from the side of the car. "You could just come up to me without shouting my full name out, right? What's with the excitement?"

"I.. I.. She.. message.. me.." Yuri blinked her eyes at me as I frowned at her stuttering ways. "Sica.. Jessica."

"Huh? What are you trying to say actually?" I asked as I wiped my greasy hands with the cloth that was hanging at the side of the car's engine.

"She's trying to tell you that Sica had messaged her, asking to meet up for lunch." Taeyeon replied while walking past us towards the tow truck. "I'm going out to inspect a broken down car. Anything update me."

I waved at Taeyeon who drove off soon after while Yuri kept staring at her handphone which she was holding since she shouted my name earlier. I shook my head and snatched the phone away from her.

"Yah!!"

I meronged at her as I looked at the screen of the phone where a message was clearly shown.

'Will you be free to join me for lunch tomorrow? - From Jessica.'

"Daebak." I smiled at Yuri who was trying to hide a blush. "Have you replied to her message?"

Yuri shook her head and asked for her phone back which I was reluctant to return. I asked her why she hadn't reply yet and Yuri answered by saying that she was not sure of what to reply.

"Yah, pabo. Just reply a yes or no. It's that simple." I started to nag as Yuri pouted. "Or you have other plans for tomorrow since it's a Saturday?"

"I am free. You should know that I'm usually free nowadays, even on the weekends." Yuri answered as I chuckled. "But why the sudden invite? Do you think it was because of the song dedication that you did last week?"

I shrugged my shoulders and handed her the phone. "Reply to her as soon as possible. Krystal told me before that Sica doesn't like to wait."

Yuri automatically nodded her head like an obedient student as I laughed at her innocent expression.

Meanwhile, at the University dorm, 3 girls were hanging out at their living area. Krystal, Sulli and Luna had just ended their last class for the day and had decided to just hang around and watch any movie being shown on tv at the moment. Two hours later, they decide to have their dinner through delivery order so Luna volunteered to be the one doing the call.

"Next week is your birthday right? Any plans?" Sulli asked as Krystal shrugged her shoulders. "Will you parents be back to celebrate with you?"

"They said that they will fly back when I called them last week. Maybe we'll just have a small gathering to celebrate it at a restaurant. Me, my parents and Unnie." Krystal replied as Sulli about bringing Amber along. "I don't think so. I don't even know if she's free."

"Is everything okay? You sound as if you're unhappy." Sulli frowned as Krystal looked at her friend before sighing.

"Maybe I am. Amber is always busy with her friends. We were suppose to meet up tomorrow but she cancelled it just a few hours ago. She said that one of her friends is flying off this Sunday so they're having a farewell party." Krystal sighed. "I had told Unnie that I will be coming over to her apartment around evening." 

"How many times did she cancel off your dates?"" Sulli took a seat beside Krystal, who gave the answer by lifting up two of her fingers. "Just two times? Maybe you're just being clingy, Soojung-ah. You should know that Amber is very sociable and has a large group of friends."

"I know. I just wish that she would be around when I need her. Just like Eun..." Krystal paused her sentence as she turned to face Sulli.

"Eunjin, you mean?" Sulli tried to guess the name that almost slipped out of Krystal's mouth. "I thought you hate her?"

"I don't hate her. I just.. I just didn't like her presence." Krystal replied as she sighed for the umptenth time. "I don't understand it myself."

 "You don't like her presence but you miss her?" Sulli tried to guess as the restless girl nodded her head slowly.

"You miss who?" Luna, who had just returned from making the phone call, came to sit down on the couch as Sulli informed her about the talk that they had earlier. "Why don't you like her presence? If I was you, I would choose Eunjin-unnie over Amber."

"Hey, how can you say that? Amber is our friend." Sulli folded her arms and glared at Luna. "Amber likes Krystal a lot and Krystal likes her too. They are great together."

"Eunjin-unnie likes Krystal too. I'm not sure if both of you can see it or not but to me, it's plain obvious that she likes Krystal and I think they are more compatible with each other." Luna glared back at Sulli. "And don't think I didn't know what you did behind our backs."

Krystal looked at Luna who had pointed her finger at Sulli. The girl looked guilty as if she was caught committing a crime while Krystal turned to look at Luna again. "What do you mean?"

"I caught her messaging Amber, telling her that you like her." Luna replied while facing Krystal. "And that happened even before Amber actually asked you out."

Luna's confession caused Krystal to be shocked as Sulli quickly defended herself by saying that she was just trying to help Krystal out and that she was confident about the fact that Amber actually had liked Krystal even earlier than that. The two girls began to argue as Krystal suddenly stood up.

"I need to pack some stuff tomorrow. Call me when the food had arrived."

Krystal's POV

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring into space as I recalled what Luna had said earlier. 'So does it mean that Amber only asked me out because she knows that I like her? But Sulli said that Amber had liked me even before the message.'

Taking a deep breathe, I was about to lie down on my bed when a knock on the door stopped me. Sulli's head popped out between the doors as she grinned sheepishly at me.

"Can I come in?" She asked as I nodded my head. "I thought you said that you need to pack. Why are you lying down?'

"I'll pack later. I just feel like I need to lie down first." My answer caused her to frown a little as she took a seat beside me on my bed.

"Are you angry at me? For the message." Sulli asked as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't feel angry. Actually, I'm feeling a little uncertain at the moment." I replied as I informed her about the thoughts that went through my mind earlier.

"You're doubting Amber's feelings for you?" Sulli looked as if she really regretted her actions. "Because of the message?"

"It's not just because of the message, Sulli.  I'm just not feeling 'it' at all." I said before sighing when I saw the confused look in Sulli's expression. "I really don't know how to explain it to you."

"Feeling 'it' as in the feeling of being in love?" Sulli tried to guess as I nodded my head. "You're not happy with Amber? But I thought you like her a lot?"

"I thought so too but now that we're dating, I've to admit that maybe, all I had for her was just a crush. I'm not saying that Amber is not good. She does take care of me. I just think that she's not really ready to be committed to a relationship at the moment."

"Mianhae. I just want you to be happy, Krystal. I'm sorry for invading into your private life without your permission." Sulli bite her lips and looked down.

"It's okay, Sulli. I understand that you were just trying to help. But certain things, we should just let nature take its own course." I grabbed Sulli's hand just to make sure that she understood about me not being angry with her.

"How about Eunjin-unie then? Do you think she's the one for you?" Sulli's abrupt question caused me to blink my eyes repeatedly.

"I.. I'm not..."

"Food is here."

Luna's sudden appearance caused our discussion to end as all of us went to the living room to enjoy our dinner before going off to sleep to rest for the night.

************************

"I thought you said that you'll only be here in the evening?" Jessica asked Krystal the moment she exited from her bathroom.

She was surprised when Tiffany knocked on her bedroom door to inform her that her sister had arrived and had brought breakfast for them. Jessica was already awake by then and was about to shower so she told them to eat first without her.

"Change of plan. Anway, why are you awake so early?" Krystal looked at her sister who was busy looking through the clothes in her closet. "Where are you going?"

"Your unnie is going to a lunch date." Tiffany, who had been standing by the door, answered as Jessica shoot her a glare. "Oh come on. Don't be shy. You're the one who ask her out anyway."

Tiffany chuckled and dodged when Jessica threw a pillow at her before walking away, citing her need to get ready for her date with Taeyeon too.

"Guess I'll be alone then." Krystal pouted when she heard Tiffany's remarks. "How I wish I have someone to have lunch with."

"Is there something wrong between you and Amber?" Jessica looked at her sister and frowned when Krystal shook her head. "You shouldn't hide your feelings, Soojung-ah. Especially from your Unnie. You do know that I'm always here to support you, right?"

Krystal took a deep breathe and lied down on her sister's bed. "I don't think that Amber is the one."

Jessica stopped brushing her hair before turning around to face her little sister. She was about to ask something when Krystal raised up her hand and told her sister that she was fine. Sitting up, she smiled at her sister and showed her a thumbs up.

"Let me give you a hug then." Jessica walked up to her sister and opened her arms as Krystal leaned forward to wrap her arms around Jessica's waist. "Don't worry too much. There'll be someone for you out there."

Krystal was about to reply when her phone rang so she went out to answer it while Jessica continued to get ready. A few hours later, coincidentally all the 3 girls went out with each of them having their own plans after Luna called Krystal to meet up for lunch. Taeyeon came to fetch Tiffany and offered the Jung siblings a ride but they declined since Jessica already called a cab while Luna would be coming to fetch Krystal. Furthermore, the 3 of them were going their separate ways.

Tiffany's POV

"Taetae..." I smiled widely at the cute looking girl who was grinning at me, looking very cool with her right arm resting on her steering wheel and her left hand stretched out to welcome my hand.

"Bogoshipo, Ppany-ah." Taeyeon said the moment I was seated in the car as she pouted.

"Aigoo.. My baby is missing me. I miss you too, yeobo." I replied as I could see Taeyeon blushing at my remarks. "Where are we going for lunch?"

Taeyeon replied that it was going to be a surprise as she started the engine and concentrated on the road. Her cheeks were still slightly blushed as I smiled to myself. Even after being a couple for the past few months, Taeyeon would still feel shy at certain remarks and actions that I did to her, making my heart fluttered often.

"Were you aware that Sica was the one who asked Yuri out for lunch?" Taeyeon turned to face me when the car stopped at a traffic light.

Nodding my head, I told Taeyeon that I was beside Jessica when she sent Yuri that message. "It took Yul almost an hour before she finally replied. Jessi almsot gave up, waiting for her reply."

Taeyeon chuckled when she heard what I said as she told me what happened at the workshop yesterday after Yuri received the message. "It was funny when she shouted out Eunjin's name and that poor girl hit her head at the underside of the car. I think Eunjin was the one who pushed Yuri to reply."

"I hope things goes well between the two of them." I said as Taeyeon grabbed my hand and rubbed it with her fingers.

"If it's meant to be, it's meant to be." Taeyeon smiled sweetly at me. "Anyway, we've reached our destination. Let's enjoy our lunch. I'm starving."

Meanwhile, Krystal and Luna had just arrived at a nearby mall as they looked around for an empty parking space.

"Isn't that Eunjin-unnie's motorbike?" Luna pointed out as Krystal strained her eyes to look at where her friend was pointing.

"I think so." Krystal answered as Luna commented about fate between Krystal and Eunjin. "It's just coincidence. Anyway, just because she's here, doesn't mean we will bump into her. The mall is so big. The chances are slim."

Luna just chuckled at her friend as they exited the car and started to wander around the mall, looking around for things that interest them until they walked past a florist. Krystal stopped to admire some of the colorful flowers until she felt a nudge at her arm.

"Krystal, isn't that Eunjin-unnie?" Luna pointed to somewhere inside the flower shop as Krystal followed the direction where Luna's finger was pointing at.

Automatically, Krystal pulled Luna to the side where it was not easy to notice their presence. Krystal placed a finger to her lips as a gesture to Luna not to ask her any question as they watched Eunjin's interaction with the store owner. The way both of them were talking seemed to indicate that they're very close to each other as Krystal and Luna observed how the store owner handed a bouquet of white lilies to Eunjin.

"Thank you, Eomoni for the beautiful bouquet. I'm sure she's going to love it."

"I know how special these flowers are to you. Don't forget to send my regards to her, Eunjin."

Krystal and Luna continued to watch how the elder woman patted Eunjin's head before the younger girl waved her goodbye and walked out from the shop, totally unaware of the presence of the two good friends. They waited until Eunjin was a distance away before coming out from their hiding place.

"Did you hear the conversation earlier?" Krystal asked Luna who nodded her head as she could only bite her lips.

"You're thinking that Eunjin-unnie already has a girlfriend, right?" Luna's question caused Krystal to just stare blankly at her friend before nodding her head slowly. "Are you upset?"

"I don't feel like shopping anymore. I'm hungry and feels like eating beef. Any recommendations?" Krystal asked Luna who paused to think for a while before nodding her head. "Let's go then."

************************

As I bowed my head a little and wiped the remaining tears from my eyes with the back of my palm, I made my way to my motorbike and was about to put on my helmet when my phone rang. The call was from Yuri as I slide the button to answer.

"Eunjin, are you free? I need a favour from you."

I listened to everything that Yuri had said before informing her that I would arrive at where she was in 30mins time. As I started my engine, I looked at the building in front of me and took a deep breathe before riding off with a heavy heart.

40mins later, I stopped my bike just behind Yuri's car as I noticed Jessica leaning against the door. I grinned sheepishly, aware that I was 10mins late and worried that Jessica might be upset about it. As I took off my helmet, I saw Jessica looking up and surprisingly, she smiled at me.

"What's wrong with the car?" I asked as Jessica shrugged her shoulders. "Where's Yuri?"

She pointed to the back of the car so I made my way there to find Yuri squatting while facing her car's exhaust pipe.

"What happened?"

I must have shocked Yuri with my sudden apearance since she suddenly lost balance and ended up landing her  on the floor as I laughed at her funny reaction. Jessica heard my laughter and rushed to the back as she looked confused.

"Why are you sitting on the floor?"

Jessica's question caused me to laugh further while I helped the pouting girl up. Yuri then explained to Jessica that she was shocked with my arrival which was how she ended in that position. I apologised for my delay, citing that traffic was quite bad.

"So what happened?" I asked again since I didn't get an answer earlier.

"We had just ended our lunch and were on our way to send Sica home when I noticed gray smoke coming from the exhaust. So I had to stop and checked the problem." Yuri explained as I looked at the exhaust pipe.

"Valve problem?" I asked as Yuri nodded her head.

"I think it's stuck. I've called for a tow truck. They should be on their way. I need you to send Sica home though. She's aware of it." The moment Yuri ended her sentence, Jessica nodded her head.

"I offered to stay behind with her but she said that it might take some time and she didn't want me to get bored while the car is being repaired." Jessica explained her side of the story.

"I'll call you when everything is done. Sorry for all the trouble." Yuri bowed a little as Jessica shook her head and smiled at her.

Looking at their interaction, I got a strong feeling tha the lunch date had went well for both of them. We stayed for a while until the tow truck arrived before Yuri followed the truck and I handed the spare helmet to Jessica.

"So, mind to tell me how was the lunch date?" I grinned as I saw Jessica blushing a little.

"Let's just say we're starting from the basic." Jessica replied as my grin grew wider.

"Better than nothing. Anyway, I will need your address, for my delivery services." I chuckled before Jessica punched my shoulders lightly.

Krystal's POV

"How come you've never brought me to eat there before? The meat is so tender and the portion is so big. That restaurant will be in my top 5 list of restaurants." I said as Luna chuckled with her eyes focused on the road.

We were on our way back to my sister's apartment after having a delicious meal. But my mind kept thinking of the scene earlier. Without realising, I let out a sigh which was caught by Luna.

"You are still thinking of it, right?" She asked as I pretended to look blank. "You are wondering about who did Eunjin gave the flowers to, right?"

"It's none of my concern, anyway. So what if she already has a girlfriend? I'm already dating Amber." I answered but I think my cracked voice gave my true emotions away as I saw Luna smirking.

"Don't hide your true feelings, Krystal." Luna said as I sighed and leaned back into the car seat. "Amber is a good person but I think she's not really committed to a relationship. Maybe not yet."

"That's what I said to Sulli last night. I told her that I'm not feeling 'it' with Amber." I replied as Luna nodded her head.

"Liking someone and loving someone is two different thing. The commitment levels are way apart." Luna said before patting my thighs. "Take your time. You're still young."

"You sound as if you're so much older than me when you're not." I pouted as Luna giggled before I pretended as if I wanted to punch her.

Both of us continued chatting until we arrived at my Unnie's apartment. As the car made it's way to the carpark, it suddenly stopped abruptly as I turned to face Luna since I knew she had pressed on the brakes. She was looking straight ahead with a surprised look as I turned my head slowly to where she was looking at.

Right in front of the car, just a few metres away, I saw Unnie removing the helmet and handing it over to the person who was still seated on the motorbike. Both of them chatted for a while as I saw Unnie smiling sheepishly before she smacked the person on the shoulder.

"Isn't that Eunjin-unnie's motorbike?" Luna's question made me realised that it was indeed her bike since I was familiar with her license plate. "I thought you said that your sister went out for a lunch date?"

Luna's second question caused me to swallow a lump in my throat as I slowly nodded my head. I heard a gasping sound from Luna as I continued to observe the interaction between the two person in front of us until Sica-unnie waved goodbye and the motorbike zoomed off.

Jessica's POV

'That Eunjin. Teasing me about Yuri throughout the ride. No wonder Yoona said that both she and Yuri are the naughty ones when they're younger.'

I thought to myself as I watched Eunjin's motorbike disappearing from my sight. When I turned around, I was shocked to see Krystal and Luna walking towards me.

"Soojung? Luna? Since when did both of you arrive?" I asked as I saw Krystal avoiding my eye contact while Luna just smiled.

"We just arrived, Sica-unnie." Luna answered while Krystal still remained quiet.

"Are you coming up too?" I asked as Luna shook her head but I was confused when Krystal said yes. The two of them looked at each other and I knew that something was not right. "I think Soojung wants your companion, Luna. Why don't you come up and stay for a while?"

The 3 of us made our way to my apartment with some awkwardness in the air. I'm not sure if something happened to the two girls but I was sure that Krystal was hiding something from me.

'Don't tell me she saw Eunjin sending me home just now? Did she thought that I had went on a lunch date with Eunjin?'

I bite my lips as we walked into the apartment. Initially, I wanted to explain to Krystal the whole situation but I hesitated. I wasn't ready to tell anyone about Yuri and me. So far, the only person who knew that I had meet up with Yuri was Tiffany, Taeyeon and Eunjin. Yuri had also confirmed that only these few girls were aware of it.

But then again, I was anticipating Krystal's reaction if she thought that I was dating Eunjin. It'll be fun to see her jealous side.

"Seems like Tiff is not back yet. Do you girls want any drinks?" I asked.

"No thanks. We'll just hang out in my room." Krystal's answer was cold and emotionless as she pulled Luna to her bedroom, slamming the door behind her.

Luna's POV

I winced a little when I heard the door being slammed behind me. Turning around, I saw Krystal pouting as she walked past me and flung herself on the bed, faced down.

"Are you okay?" I asked out of concern as Krystal turned to her sides and nodded her head. "Are you sure?"

"I am. Like you said earlier. I should take my time since I'm still young." Krystal's reply caused me to frown. "Let's just forget it. Anyway, I need your help with my assignments."

Pushing her laptop to me, I knew that there was no chance of talking it out with Krystal as I sighed.