Chapter 100L

Hard But Easy

(Flashbacks 6 months ago)

"Eunjin, where's the key for the red Kia car that came in just now?"

I rolled out from under the white Lexus car when I heard Taeyeon's question. Grabbing the dirty rag that was hanging on the car's open hood, I wiped away the grease in my hand and turned to look at her.

"It's not in the key cabinet?" I asked as Taeyeon shook her head. "Jingoo must have forgotten to place back the key. He was checking the car's engine earlier."

"Where is he right now?" I pointed at the cafe to Taeyeon's question while she let out a sigh. "Aish, this kid."

I just chuckled as I watched Taeyeon making her way up to the cafe. Looking down at the car's engine, I walked to the work station and grabbed a clean rag. As I made my way back to the car and started to wipe off any remains of grease on the engine, I noticed Taeyeon had came down with a grumpy face. I didn't bother to ask because I knew Taeyeon would start complaining to me soon, which she did as she stood beside me.

"That kid.. seriously. He's way younger than us but his memory is so much worse. I didn't even need to ask him for the keys. The moment he saw me walking up towards him, he immediately stood up and took the keys out from his pocket. He kept bowing his head to apologise with his mouth full of spaghetti."

"You should have waited for him to finish his food before going up to look for him. He has been attending to a few cars in the morning and didn't manage to eat his lunch yet when it's almost coming to 3pm." I commented as Taeyeon just pouted. "Why do you need the keys anyway?"

"The owner called earlier and asked to check if he had left his work documents in the car earlier. He said the documents were urgent and asked if I could deliver it to him." Taeyeon explained as I squinted my eyes at her.

"Not this again." I grumbled as I saw the change in Taeyeon's face. 

"No worries. I already told him that if the documents are really in the car, I would update him and he would need to come down to collect it himself." Taeyeon explained herself with a tint of guilt. "Don't worry. I won't make the same mistake. Being accused of seducing someone's husband was one of the worst experience ever. I can't believe I was dragged to a police station just to prove my innocence. When all I did was to deliver his golf bag that he had left behind."

I let out a sigh and placed my hand on her shoulders as Taeyeon looked down. "It was a misunderstanding, Tae. It was not your mistake. It was the company's mistake, my mistake. As the owner of the workshop, I didn't lay down the ground rules about going to a client's house to send over their belongings. We should not have let it happened in the first place. I didn't expect the wife to threaten about suing you but you do have to admit that it was funny, especially when Tiffany showed up and showed proof of your marriage with the marriage certificate."

I giggled when I remembered the situation as Taeyeon rolled her eyes at me.

"Ms Han?"

I turned behind to face the entrance of the workshop when I heard someone calling out my name. A tall young man was standing nervously as he kept blinking his eyes.

"Park Bogum?" I guessed as he immediately nodded his head. "Welcome, welcome. Jingoo had informed me this morning about your interest to work here. Why don't you follow me to my office and we could talk further."

I patted Taeyeon shoulders and smiled at her before making my way to my office. The young man followed me from behind as I opened the door and invited him in. Looking at Taeyeon's direction before closing the door, I noticed that she was already making her way to the red Kia car.

(A few hours later, at Jessica's house)

The girl looked at the screen of the laptop that was shown to her, stared momentarily before shaking her head.

"How about this, Krystal?"

"It's not within our budget, Luna. Even though I liked the interior design but we need to keep to the price range. By the way, did you manage to speak to the bank about our loan?"

The two girls looked at each other before Luna broke into a smile and showed an okay sign.

"They said that it should not be a problem since your Unnie is the guarantor. I mean who doesn't recognise your sister as the CEO of one of the leading fashion company at the moment. But they did asked as to why you wanted to start your own company when you could have just worked under your Unnie. I told them that everyone has their own dreams to chase and that includes us." Luna clenched her fist as she said her last sentence with grit.

Krystal laughed at her friend's fake confidence before Luna started joining her in laughter. The knock on her bedroom door caused both of them to stop as they heard Jessica's voice.

"Girls, dinner is ready."

The 3 ladies sat down at the dining table as they got busy with their food and stayed in silence for the next 10mins before Krystal realised that someone was missing. With almost full, she asked Jessica about her Yuri's whereabouts.

"She went out to meet Eunjin and Taeyeon at the workshop and most probably eating dinner with them. Didn't Eunjin inform you about that?" Jessica asked Krystal who shook her head nonchalantly. "Is everything okay with you and Eunjin?"

Krystal looked up at her sister with a confused expression before nodding her head. "Everything's fine. Wae, Unnie?"

"It's just that it's been like 3 months since you've moved back in with me and I think I've seen Luna more often with you than Eunjin. You don't even seem to know that she's having dinner with Yuri." Jessica had a really worried expression on her face.

"Wait Unnie, is that suppose to be a good thing or a bad thing?" Luna's question caused both sisters to look at her with blinking eyes. "When you said that you see me more often than Eunjin."

"I don't mean it in a bad way though. I'm just trying to say that she's spending lesser and lesser time with Eunjin so I'm just worried about them. Especially since both of you are going to be busier once the company really takes off."

"Everything is fine, Unnie. Like I told you before, Eunjin and I are taking things slow. It's not as if I'm not contacting her at all. We are still messaging or calling each other on the phone everyday. Furthermore, I don't think Eunjin needs to keep updating me about whom she's eating lunch or dinner with. I trust her and I think I should be more concern if she's not eating at all." Krystal replied with a smile, causing Jessica to raise her eyebrow.

"Why do you sound so matured nowadays? Sometimes even more matured than me and that feels scary." 

Krystal and Luna laughed at Jessica's remarks before they continued talking about other things.

(At the same time, in the cafe above the workshop)

"Here, drink this slowly." Taeyeon handed me a glass of water as I took slow sips of it. "Aigoo... Someone must be talking about you, seeing how you are suddenly coughing out of nowhere."

"I thought your ears will be itchy if someone is talking about you?" Yuri asked while scratching her chin.

"That is if that person is talking bad about you." Sooyoung intercepted before Taeyeon could reply. "Anyway, are you going ahead with your plan to buy over that workshop, Eunjin? The one that used to belong to Sunny's dad."

I put down the glass of water and nodded my head. "Most probably, yes. That place holds a special meaning for me since it was where I met with Yuri again and managed to gain so many great friends from the moment I started working there."

"If you are managing both workshops at the same time, won't that mean that you will have even lesser time to spend with Krystal?" Taeyeon asked as I just smiled.

"Sica is already nagging at me about both of you being so busy with your own things. Krystal with her plan to set up her own online fashion company and your plan to open up another workshop. I'm never going to hear the end of this."

"Do you think you are the only one being nagged at? Fany is also nagging at me for all the small things. About how there's still creases on the bed after I clean up the room, about how I organise the food stuff in the fridge and that I'm suppose to drink a cup of water every morning after waking up." Taeyeon pouted as Sooyoung also agreed and saying that Yoona nagged at her too. "The only lucky person here is her."

As Taeyeon pointed her finger at me, Sooyoung and Yuri also turned to look at me with glaring eyes while I just chuckled at them.

"You guys are making me doubt the bliss of marriage."

I put on a serious face as I noticed the panicky look on the other 3 girls. They knew that if I ever decided to make any bad decisions with regards to my relationship with Krystal, they will never hear the end of the questioning from their respective wives.

"Hey, hey.. hold up, Eunjin. Stop that thought." Taeyeon cleared before continuing. "It's not all that bad. The naggings are mostly because we deserve it since we are sloppy. Right, Yul?"

"You meant yourself, right?" Yuri's answer brought laughter to the table before Yuri turned serious. "For all the cons that we said, the pros are much better. No matter how naggy Sica is, she's still there for me. I still have someone who understands me. Sometimes even better than I understand myself. Someone I can share my everything with."

I nodded my head and gave Yuri my most sincere smile, to show her that I fully understood her words.