Chapter 55

Hard But Easy

I waved at the two lovebirds who were walking out from the arrival hall. Taeyeon seemed tired while Tiffany seemed to be bursting with energy. It's funny how this two were so different in personality but they managed to find a way to overcome that difference. Seeing both of them so much in love, it made me felt happy for them.

"Eunjin-ah!!"

I was engulfed in a tight hug from Tiffany as Taeyeon just smiled at me from behind. I helped Taeyeon with the luggage as the 3 of us walked towards the carpark. The two of them had just returned from LA and had been away for almost two weeks. I was glad to find out that everything was settling well for their wedding arrangements thanks to the help from Tiffany's family.

"How's Harabeoji?" Taeyeon asked.

"He's recuperating well. By the way, Yuri sent her regards and apologised for not being able to fetch you all." I said as Taeyeon just nodded her head.

Yuri was supposed to fetch Tiffany and Taeyeon but their flight got delayed and she had a family gathering with the Kwons today. Since I was available, I decided to volunteer to fetch them. When we stopped beside the car, I noticed that both Tiffany and Taeyeon were looking around.

"Wae?"

"Where's Krystal? I thought she was waiting in the car." Tiffany said as I informed her that Krystal was at Harabeoji's place, accompanying my grandparents.

"So who drove?" Taeyeon asked with a confused look.

"I did." I answered as I helped Taeyeon to put the luggage in. "Why do the both of you look surprised?"

Once everyone was inside, I was about to start the engine when Taeyeon held my arm, causing me to look at her. She had a silly grin on her face as she asked me how long had I started to drive on my own.

"Since today." I replied cheekily as I saw Taeyeon's eyes widened. Tiffany was chuckling at the back, might be due to Taeyeon's reaction as I continued to start the engine and drove off. "Don't worry. I'm a safe driver."

No one said anything as the car got on the road. The silence was almost nerve-wrecking as I stole a glance towards Taeyeon who's eyes were focused on the road as if she was the one driving. Tiffany was just looking out the window casually before I finally broke the silence.

"It's been a week since I started driving. Don't worry. Doctor Ahn gave me the clearance to drive. It's not the first time that I'm driving anyway. I drove the tow-truck last time, back when we were still working at the workshop. Remember?"

"But you drove alone. You said that you didn't have confidence to drive if there were passengers beside you." Taeyeon reminded me of my own words last time.

"That was true. But in the past. Ever since Harabeoji was admitted to the hospital and after he went through the surgery, I had to drive Halmeoni frequently to the hospital since Uncle Park is at the hospital most of the time, accompanying Harabeoji." I explained as I kept my eyes focused on the road. "Krystal would usually be with me if I need to drive around. She'll make sure that I'm coping well with the situation."

"Glad that you're slowly getting back behind the wheels. Hoepfully it'll get better for you." Tiffany commented from the back seat. "By the way, how was Harabeoji's surgery? Did it went well?"

I nodded my head before explaining that everything went smoothly even though he took more than 24hrs to wake up after the surgery. I then started asking both of them about their wedding plans so the conversation continued until I reached Jessica's apartment to drop Tiffany off. After waving our hands at her, I continued my journey to send Taeyeon back.

Taeyeon's POV

"I can't believe that I'm getting married soon. Everything seems like a dream. Well, meeting Ppany was like a dream itself. A miracle." I started chuckling as Eunjin just gave me a silly grin.

"I'm really happy to see how your relationship with Fany had blossomed over the months. Both of you are really in love with each other. I can see it just by the look in both of your eyes."

I nodded my head in agreement at Eunjin's word before another smile formed on face. I started explaining about how Tiffany's family had been very welcoming towards me when we were in LA.

"Initially, I thought that I had to prepare myself to face off with her dad. I mean, she's the youngest among the siblings and with her mum no longer around, I expected that her dad would be extra protective of her. I was even nervous to meet her older sister and older brother." I expressed my feelings that I had not been abble to do so earlier when Tiffany was around.

"But they were already aware of your relationship even before both of you flew there, right?" Eunjin asked for a confirmation.

"They were but I was just anticipating things. You should know me. How I'm always thinking ahead and trying to prepare for the worst scenarios." I said as Eunjin nodded her head. "So, I was totally surprised when they were very welcoming with my presence and told me about how Ppany would keep talking about me to them during their family phone call. They said that even through that phone conversations, they could already feel how deeply in love Ppany was with me."

"You should wipe that smirk off your face and try to learn how to pronounce Fany's name properly." Eunjin laughed at her own remarks as I pouted.

"Obviously, I can pronounce her name properly. Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. That's her real name. Tiffany is what others call her or maybe Fany. Ppany is how I like to call her. Just like how she call me Taetae."

"Arraseo, arraseo.. I won't want to argue with someone who's totally smitten by her girlfriend."

Both of us ended up laughing as Eunjin pulled over at my house garage.

************************

"How was Fany-unnie and Taeyeon-unnie? Are they well?" Krystal asked the moment the car drove out from Harabeoji's house.

"They are well. They sent their regards to you too. I had forgotten to tell you about it just now." I replied as I turned momentarily to look at Krystal and smiled at her.

After sending both Taeyeon and Tiffany back to their own houses, I made my way to Harabeoji's place and spend time there until dinner was over. Krystal, who was already there, had been helping Aunt Nancy out with some of the household chores while Halmeoni and Harabeoji were resting when I was not around. Once dinner was over, both of us had excused ourselves to return home since tomorrow was a working day.

"Did Fany-unnie followed Taeyeon-unnie home or she went back to Unnie's place?"

"She went back to your Unnie's place. But I didn't see your Unnie's car there when I arrived at the carpark."

"I think she followed Yuri-unnie to the family dinner." Krystal replied causing me to be surprised a little since I was not aware of it.

"Another wedding plan in the process?" I tried to guess but Krystal shook her head.

"I don't think so. I did heard Unnie said before that she's not going to get married the same time as Fany-unnie." Krystal chuckled. "I think Unnie has a grand idea for her wedding."

"Really? Then what about you? Do you have any idea on how you would like your wedding to be?" I asked with a teasing smile.

"Actually, I have yet to think about marriage at the moment. I was actually thinking of furthering my studies. To do Masters Degree."

Krystal's reply caused me to arch my eyebrow as I wasn't aware that she had such thoughts in the first place. From her tone of voice, it seemed that Krystal herself was not sure about telling me of her plans.

"Woah... I didn't know you wanted to do that." I replied with a slight chuckle, feeling as if something was stuck in my throat. "So, what exactly do you have in mind? About your studies."

Krystal's POV

I could sense the slight disappointment in Eunjin's voice as she asked me her latest question. I swallowed my saliva before replying to her that me, Sulli and Luna had wanted to further our studies in New York.

"Sulli wanted to take up theatrical studies, Luna wanted to take up mass communication while I wanted to learn more about fashion designing. Coincidentally, the only university that offers all 3 post-degree programmes is the one in New York."

"New York, huh? That's.... far." A frown appeared on Eunjin's face. "So you and the other two girls had already done your researches and also finalising on the university that you're going to?"

I nodded my head slowly as silence took over. I didn't know what else to say and since Eunjin was keeping quiet, it made the whole situation more awkward.

"I guess I can wait for two more years." Eunjin tried to break the silence and smiled but the look in my face, erased that smile away. "Why do you look like you're planning to do more than Masters?"

"It depends. I'm not that sure yet at the moment."

I answered as honestly as I could. It was the truth. I did thought about Ph.D but I told myself to take one step at a time so at the moment, I'm just going to concentrate on my Masters first. Silence was creeping in as I stole a glance at Eunjin. Her eyes were focused on the road but I knew that her mind was somewhere else.

"Eunjin, I..."

"We're here." She cut me off as I looked forward to realise that we had reached my sister's apartment. Before I could continue what I wanted to say, Eunjin had exited the car and made her way to my side to open the door for me. Seeing her smiling as she held the door, I tried to continue my sentence when she shook her head.

"I'm quite exhausted at the moment. Is it okay if we talked about it another day?" She asked as I reluctantly nodded my head.

Leaning forward, I felt a kiss on my forehead from Eunjin before she waved her hands and smiled as she made her way back to the car. Usually, she would have waited until I had went up the lift before driving off but tonight, I was left standing and waving my hands at the sight of her disappearing car.

'I know you're upset with me, Eunjin. Why didn't you just let your feelings out instead of giving me a fake smile. Stupid.'

I mumbled to myself as I let out a deep sigh before making my way back to Jessica's Unnie's apartment.

************************

I tossed around on my bed,trying to get some sleep but it seemed liked my mind was working on overdrive. Finally forcing myself to sit up, I stared at the clock which showed that it was already two in the morning. Letting out a dep sigh, I combed my hair to the back before reaching out for my phone beside my bed.

There were four messages from Krystal. All of it didn't received a reply from me.

Are you already asleep? - Krystal

I can't sleep. - Krystal

I miss you. - Krystal

I'm sorry. - Krystal

After I reached home around 10pm just now, I left a message for Halmeoni and Harabeoji to inform them that I had reached home safely. I also sent the same message to Krystal before spending almost an hour in the shower room. Scrolling through the channels on television, I couldn't find anything interesting so I decided to lie down, hoping that I could get an early sleep.

But by midnight, my eyes were still wide awake so I grabbed my backpack to look through some paperworks that I had brought home from the office. Almost 30mins into it, my eyes were starting to close so I thought that I was ready for bed. Putting aside everything, I climbed on my bed and pulled up my blanket. But to my surprise, my eyes were wide opened again. Until now.

Krystal's messages were received when I was busy looking through the paperworks. She sent all 4 messages within a span of 30mins. By the time I saw the messages, I decided not to reply, thinking that Krystal might already be asleep by then and I didn't want to disturb her rest.

Staring at the messages now, I knew that Krystal had realised that I was upset with her. It was not about her plans to further her studies. By all means, I'm supportive of her pursuing her dreams and enhancing her skills. But why was I left out of the plannings? Why do I feel like she had only told me about it because she had no choice but to do so?

Putting the phone away, I continued to stare outside the window. Two years might feel like a long time but trust me, it'll go by in a blink of an eye. That was how I felt when I was doing my Masters. At that time, I was too preoccupied with my studies and part-time jobs that I didn't even realised that I had finally graduated.

'But that was me. I was the one going through the hectic schedules at that time. Now it's Krystal. She'll be too busy to even think about me.'

With that thoughts in mind, I ended up pouting by myself with my arms folded. Making up my mind to try and force myself to sleep, I was stunned when I heard some noise at my door. Listening carefully, I realised that someone was trying to press the keypad on my door. Just when I was about to climb off my bed to check on it, the door opened and I shrieked.

Hearing the familiar laughter after my high-tone voice disappeared, I stared blankly at Krystal's advancing figure.

"I didn't know you could reach such a high pitch tone." She chuckled as I meronged at her. "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I should be asking you that. The person who suddenly appeared in my apartment in the middle of the night. Did you drive here? Do you realise how dangerous it was for you to travel all the way here alone? Did you...?"

"Just shut up, Stupid. It's all your fault. If you had just let out your feelings and scold me if you wanted to earlier, I won't even be here right now. I would have been sleeping peacefully at home. But because someone decided to put a fake smile on and suppress all her feelings inside, I have to travel alone to make sure that she's alright since I can't sleep when I'm worried about you." Krystal cut me off and started babbling on as I listened with my head down. "And I'm sorry. With regards to my studies plans."

I looked up to face Krystal when she mentioned about it. Looking straight into her eyes, I asked her why was she apologising. Taking a seat beside me on the bed, she grabbed my right hand and entwined our fingers together.

"I'm sorry for not informing you much earlier or even making you a part of our discussions and plans. The 3 of us were too excited about our studies plans throughout the discussions and before I could realise it, we had actually finalised almost everything. I had wanted to talk to you about it but you already had your hands full with Harabeoji's surgery and the company. I was really waiting for the right time to tell you about all this."

I noticed Krystal letting out a heavy sigh before looking down on her own feet. She was surprised when I slowly released her hand and folded my arms.

"What if I don't allow you to further your studies?" I asked, trying to maintain a firm voice when I'm actually trying to hold in my laughter. "Will you still go? Leaving me behind alone."

"I... I just.. " Krystal blinked her eyes rapidly as she looked at me before biting her lips. "I'm not leaving you for good. That's for sure."

It was obvious that she was really in a dilemma at that moment. Seeing how she was frowning and trying hard to explain herself, I finally released a chuckle and engulfed her into a hug.

"I'll always be supportive of what you do, Krystal. If taking a Masters degree is what you want, go ahead." I said as I felt Krystal tightening her hug around me. "But no flirting around when you are there."

"YAH!!" Krystal pulled us apart and smacked me on my shoulders. "Do you think I'm the flirtatious kind?"

"Anni.. But you're the pretty kind. With a lot of admirers and suitors. Who knows you might find someone better when you are there." I said with a pout as Krystal rolled her eyes at me.

"No one can be better than the great Han Eunjin. Because she's the only one for me." Krystal replied.

Both of us ended up laughing at each other for our nauseating cheesiness before Krystal tapped my thighs and pointed at the clock. I widened my eyes when I realised that it was already 4 in the morning. I hurried her to sleep since we had only a few hours left to rest before reporting for work. With a short chuckle, Krystal informed me that she had already requested to take leave from work and that her sister had already approved it.

"That's not fair. I can't take leave because I have two meetings tomorrow."

All Krystal did was to stuck her tongue out at me before pulling the blanket to cover he whole body as she giggled under it.

************************

Getting 3hrs of sleep and having to go through two consecutive meetings were no joke for me as I tried my best to keep myself awake. Staring blankly at the powerpoint slides on the screen, I stifled a yawn.

"And with this, I conclude my presentation." A loud thunderous applause was heard as the presenter bowed a little before she asked if there was any further questions from the audience. Seeing that no one was putting up their hands, she turned to look at me. "How about the Director? Any questions?"

I had to blink my eyes rapidly as all eyes were diverted to me. Feeling a little unnerving, I swallowed my saliva and shook my head. I did praised the presenter for a precise and clear presentation as everyone else applauded her due to my compliments.

After I gave some instructions and ending the meeting as it was almost lunch time, the rest of the staffs started to leave the conference room. I was still seated while my secretary gave me a run down of my schedule for the later half of the day. Turning and twisting my head due to the soreness, I half-heartedly listened to my almost packed schedules.

"Excuse me, Ms Han?"

A soft voice interrupted my concentration as I looked up and saw the presenter earlier standing in front of me. She placed a folder on my table and told me to look through the slides once again. A frown appeared on my expression as I took the folder.

"Actually, I noticed that you were not actually concentrating on my slides earlier. You seemed a little tired which is why I tried my best to make the presentation as short as possible." The lady in front of me explained as I gave her a guilty smile.

"I'm sorry for being that obvious. I'll make sure to go through this slides properly later." I stood up and bowed my head, feeling a little guilty for being caught.

"It's okay. I can see that you were trying your best to focus though." She chuckled and I had to laugh along at her cute gestures.

Excusing myself to return to my office, I walked out from the conference room with my secretary towards the lift. While walking, I was lost in my own thoughts about some matters. Absentmindedly, I almost walked into the closed doors of the lift before my secretary managed to pull me back. But her actions caused me to bump into someone behind me, who instantly wrapped her arms around my waist to prevent me from falling down.

I tilted my head and saw that it was the presenter as she just smiled at me. I was about to thank her for saving me and exactly at that moment, the sound of the arrivng lift was heard as the doors opened. Standing alone in the middle of the lift was Krystal, who initially had a confused look on her face before it turned into an unreadable expression.

"Thanks for the help, Ms Kim. I think you can let go of my waist now." I said nervously as she quickly withdrew her arms.

Bowing my head and saying thanks once again, I entered the lift along with my secretary. Since I was using the private lift, Ms Kim didn't followed us in as she just waved her hands at us. Inside the lift, my secretary greeted Krystal who responded sweetly to her but when I tried to smile at Krystal, she glared at me.

'Damn. I'm dead.' I pouted as that thought lingered in my head.

"Ms Jeon, will you be following me back to the office? I don't think you were done about updating my schedules for the day." I said as my secretary blinked her eyes before replying that she had just informed me everything earlier. "How about my schedules for the rest of the week?"

I could sense that Ms Jeon was trying to stifle her laughter as she stole glances between me and Krystal. I saw Krystal shaking her head to Ms Jeon, who then replied that she would drop me an email of my schedules later.

After Ms Jeon went out at her designated level, silence filled the lift as Krystal kept quiet while I just stole glances at her. It was then that I realised she was carrying something.

"What's that?" I asked, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"Your lunch. But I don't think you're hungry after being hugged from the back by a beautiful lady." Krystal sarcastically replied.

I was about to say something when the lift arrived at my office and Krystal marched out towards my desk. Placing the hand-carried bag onto the desk, she turned around with her arms folded. I stood rooted like a soldier and started explaining about what happened earlier.

"I swear that it was not done on purpose. Ms Jeon was the one who pulled me backwards, causing me to loose my balance."

"If she hadn't done that, you would had bang your head against the lift doors. Stupid." Krystal said as I pouted. "And why were you so lost in your own thoughts that you didn't even realise where you were going?"

"I was thinking on how to clear my schedules for the rest of the day but it seems that the only free time I have is the one hour after lunch. I'm feeling really fatigue at the moment." I said as I finally let out a yawn.

Krystal suddenly walked up to me, took my hand and dragged me to the couch. As she sat down, she patted her thighs and it took me a few seconds to understand her gesture. When I finally understood, I made myself comfortable by laying on the empty space on the couch before placing my head on her thighs as Krystal my hair slowly.

"Sleep first. Since you only have an hour free, try to get as much rest as you can. I'll wake you up and we can have a late lunch together."

Nodding my head to her suggestion, the calming effect of Krystal my hair finally made me closed my eyes to dreamland.