69 The Other Side

Kiss or Kill

Jung Kook wasn’t exactly having the easiest life ever either. After he had heard the familiar name B.A.P appear and begin to debut in the music world, he had kept his eyes on them.

He never forgot those boys who he had teamed up and fought with to save you, the love of his life.

When he listened to the lyrics, he had always felt weird – He had always felt like he had a part in the lyrics. The songs were way too much like your past and others seemed like they had come right from your heart.

Sometimes, he wondered if it was just all a huge coincidence. However, that seemed extremely unlikely. There was no way there were that many coincidences.

He had finally deducted that you must have had a part in the creation of the songs which meant that you had to have become a music composer.

As the weather began to cool, he met with his friends. V had also had his eyes on B.A.P and their activities.

When he heard the songs that B.A.P sang, he could almost hear you crying your heart out.

Every day, he tried to explain the situation to Jung Kook, but he never listened. He was too stubborn and he had once again blocked everyone out of his life.

It was nearly impossible for him to get through to Jung Kook.

He wasn’t the only one that tried to get Jung Kook to listen. The other members did too – but every single time they tried to talk to Jung Kook and resolve the misunderstanding, the situation would get tense and he would walk out on them.

Was he really hurt that bad?

When Jung Kook had brought up the music industry that day, everyone was extremely surprised. Of course, V took it as Jung Kook’s last attempt to bring you back into his life, so naturally, he agreed immediately.

The other boys took a bit more convincing, but in the end, everyone agreed.

Within their debut album, Jung Kook took part in one of the songs. He didn’t want it to be the title track because it would’ve attracted way too much attention to him and the group.

To make it less conspicuous in a way and more in another, he titled one of the songs ‘좋아요’.

[CR: Like – BTS]

If I don’t say anything, I don’t think you’ll even care about me
You’re not even mine anymore but why do I feel like you’re being taken away?
You’re doing so well without me

And I look at your daily life every day
Each time, I am tormented – Oh , do you think of me?

Are you well these days?

You, who is living well without me… Why did I think of you?
The only thing that finds me is pity for myself

I’m living like this these days without you

These lyrics reflected Jung Kook’s mind. He was watching you through B.A.P’s new songs as they came out one by one. Each one made him feel like you were with him again.

Even if he was the one who had chosen to leave you back then, he couldn’t bring himself to stop his mind from continuing to think of you and every time he did think of you, all he could feel was sadness and pity.

He wasn't able to forgive himself for the decision back then.

If there really was a valid reason for your absence from his hospital room, he wouldn't know what to do. He didn't mean to treat you so harshly.

He had lied back then too.

He had loved you then and he still loved you now.

Each day was filled with torment and he couldn’t help think if you were thinking about him as much as he was of you.

A few months later, BTS also debuted with ‘No More Dream’.

He wished that you hadn’t forgotten about him and actually gave his songs a chance – especially the one that was for her to listen to.

V saw how Jung Kook had fallen into desperation as he was trying to search and reach out to you again. He couldn’t help but feel sorry for the maknae.

His lyrics were written for you.

Your lyrics were written for him.

That was the first form of communication the two of you attempted – musical.