48 Awake

Kiss or Kill

A/N: Okay. Wait. Do I really have 200 subscribers? Are my eyes failing me or...? ;w; I'm so happy I can't even-- ASDFGHJKL I LOVE YOU GUYS! <33


“Wait, so let me get this straight,” you tried to make sense of the whole situation, “When you were about to get rid of my necklace, my Grandfather’s men ambushed you all, leaving you all weaker than you were before?”

Zelo nodded, “Even though we had just got beaten by President Kim’s men, this new wave of fighters was merciless. I’ve seen them around your Grandfather before – They were the same men, no doubt.”

The first thought that came to mind was complete confusion.

You had no idea what was happening. Nothing made sense at first, but after awhile, you slowly began to piece the puzzle together.

“President Kim must have taken over Grandfather’s men without him realizing,” you snapped, “Then, having an inside source, he was able to learn all of Grandfather’s makings about the poisonous candy. That must be what happened.”

Zelo and Yongguk looked at each other and they grinned, “As expected from the Black Butterfly herself.”

The two of them got up and left the room to inform the others. You, however, weren’t sure what your next move would be.

First, you were still unsure why President Kim had targeted Yuki.

Second, if you did go after the man, would he take another one of your friends as hostage?

Lastly, and most importantly, even if you wanted to find him, you didn’t know where he would be.

Jung Kook took the seat next to you, his fingers laced with yours. You glanced up at him in surprise, but his eyes didn’t look into yours. Instead, they looked forward.

“It must be hard,” he stated softly, “I mean, everything you’ve been through. It’s incredible that you are the way you are today.”

You shrugged, “ happens. You learn to get over it.”

You didn’t take your eyes off of his hand which was still interlaced with yours. Unsure what to do, you tried to move your hand away, but his grasp only tightened.

“Well,” he smiled, turning over to face you, “It’s still pretty amazing since you turned out such a bright girl.”

Now, you were starting to get butterflies in your stomach. Since when did his smile become so charming that it made you nervous?

You could feel the heat rise within your body.

Could he notice it?

“Um,” you tried to find the right words, “You can let go of my hand now.”

He paused for a moment before tilting his head, “What if I don’t want to? What if I want to keep on holding your hand?”

Now he was starting to push his limits. Your heart had begun to race and you didn’t notice how close his face had gotten to yours.

“J-Jung Kook?” your voice had weakened and was filled with uncertainty, “I think, you’re a bit close.”

He chuckled, “Am I? I don’t think so.”

Your mind began to think of a million possibilities on what was going on at the moment. All possibilities pointed to one conclusion.

However, you didn’t want to accept that answer.

Trying to pry his hand open, so you could finally get away from him, you realized how strong a boy like him was.

As Jung Kook leaned closer, a loud voice interrupted your moment.

You recognized the voice to be Reita who was just outside the room. Fortunately, he hadn’t opened the door. He only spoke.

“YUKI’S AWAKE!”

Your eyes widened and in that moment when Jung Kook was still dazed, you were able to pull away and rush out. Your best friend was awake! How could you not go greet her?

As you pushed through the boys, you saw Jin sitting by her side. You began to smile about how cute the two of them were, but then, it began to remind you of yourself and Jung Kook.

That wasn’t good.

Pushing all the indecent thoughts away, you sat down next to Yuki’s bed and smiled, “Hey. You feeling alright?”

She nodded and then confusion clouded her eyes, “What happened?”

“You were poisoned,” her brother muttered, “You idiot. What did you eat?”

Her brother looked so worried that an apologetic gaze was given between Yuki to Reita. She didn't want her brother to worry about her well-being.

“I had… lunch at the school cafeteria,” she muttered.

Then there was a long pause.

“…But I ate a piece of candy beforehand.”