03 Jeon Jung Kook

Kiss or Kill

The scheduling at school was a bit different than the ones you had at other schools. Since you started the day off with math on your first day of school, today, you started off with English class.

It made you happy when you figured out Yuki had the same first class as you again.

The two of you had chosen desks next to each other in the back of the room since they were the only two free desks that were side by side. It was nice to have a friend to start off the day with.

This particular morning however, she had been ranting about how her brother was an idiot, but you weren’t fully paying attention. You were still burning with anger from the incident with that one boy from the previous day.

“…AND HE DIDN’T KNOW HOW TO COOK!” Yuki declared, “My brother is so stupid.”

You nodded absent-mindedly, “Yeah. Sure. Whatever you say.”

“Yah, Yujin,” she poked your arm, “Are you listening to me?”

“Yeah, right. So stupid,” you replied, completely ignoring her question.

Yuki stared at you in confusion and then pinched your arm hard. You almost jumped at the sudden pain that she caused. You turned to glare at her, “What was that for?!”

“You weren’t listening,” she replied, “You haven’t been all morning. Are you alright?”

You sighed, “It’s nothing. I had an annoying encounter yesterday and I’m still feeling a bit irritated.”

“Is that where this came from?” Yuki gestured to your bottom lip.

On your bottom lip, there was a small cut. Due to the accident that happened yesterday, you had accidentally cut your lip. However, you didn’t realize it until you got home. Rather, you ran out of the room after the whole kiss mistake.

You nodded hesitantly, “Yeah. That’s where it came from.”

“Did he punch you?” Yuki asked, horrified, and in hushed whispers.

You wished that was what happened, but you shook your head, “No. Let’s not talk about it. What was going on with your brother?”

“Oh, alright,” she nodded, but curiosity was evident in her eyes, “My brother? Oh yeah – He cannot take care of himself at all!”

“How old is he again? Isn’t he young?” you tilted your head, “You can’t expect little kids to take care of themselves.”

Yuki burst into laughter, “My brother isn’t young. He’s already out of school!”

You almost choked on your saliva, “W-Wait. Seriously?”

Now it was your turn to start laughing. That wasn’t what you had expected at all. You shook your head, “Have you tried to teach him?”

“He doesn’t care about anything,” she flailed, “Nothing! He always has people to do stuff for him.”

You patted her shoulder, “It’s alright. At least you can do this stuff. What would he do without you?”

“Hire a personal assistant?” she joked.

“You’d be a thousand times better than any personal assistant,” you smiled widely, “Trust me.”

As you finished up the conversation, the school bell rang, and the teacher came walking in. Her name was Ms. Kang and she was one of the youngest teachers at the school.

Her facial expressions and gestures allowed you to realize she was actually quite meek. She was the kind of teacher who would take in just about anything.

Teachers like her needed to grow a backbone.

Being shoved around is something you wouldn’t tolerate if it happened to yourself, so you didn’t want others to suffer from it either.

Ms. Kang began to call roll to see who was here. She had called everyone, but she paused at the end. Her eyes glanced up at the empty seat beside you.

Did someone sit there?

Suddenly, at that moment, a loud bang was heard. Someone had kicked open the classroom door and strolled in without a care in the world.

Your eyes widened. It was him. The boy you had the most unfortunate encounter with yesterday – The one who caused you to cut your lip. Unconsciously, you touched the cut, not breaking eye contact with him.

Then you realized it. He had the same cut too.

Yuki reached over and pulled your arm with a worried tone of voice, “Yujin, you didn’t do something with him, did you?”

However, you didn’t exactly get a chance to respond. He met eyes with you and the two of you silently glared at each other.

“Is he glaring at someone?”

“What happened to his perfect lips?”

“I think he’s in a bad mood today.”

“Don’t provoke him.”

“Jeon Jung Kook-ssi,” the teacher called out softly, “Could you take your seat please?”

Your mind repeated his name a couple of times. Jeon Jung Kook. Now where  had you heard this name before?

-Flashback-

“Bangtan Fan Club Rule #1: Never get close with the school Kingkas without permission from Fan Club leaders,” recited Yuki immediately, “Bangtan Fan Club Rule #2: Always address Kingkas by their full name with an additional ‘-ssi’ at the end. Oh and Rule #3 is to never make eye contact with the Kingkas."

She had memorized all the rules quick and clear.

Laughing, you glanced at her, “Seriously? Who made up these rules? These Kingkas are just normal, average boys!”

Yuki shook her head rapidly, “No they aren’t! There are seven of them, all good-looking: The leader is Kim Nam Joon, otherwise known as the Rap Monster from his underground hip-hop days. Other members are Kim Seok Jin, known as just Jin, Jung Hoseok, known as J-Hope, Min Yoongi, known as Suga, Kim Taehyung, known as V, Park Jimin, and Jeon Jung Kook. These seven boys are merciless fighters, the king of gangs around here. You never want to get on their bad side."

-End Flashback-

Your eyes widened. . Maybe if you apologized later, he’d forgive you? You doubted it.

Jung Kook took the seat next to you since it was the only seat that no one touched.

So that was his seat.

You sighed to yourself. Of course, with your luck, something like this would happen. Better start outlining a proper apology before the stupid Bangtan Fan Club came after you.