53 Familiarity

Kiss or Kill

“WHAT?” Jung Kook shouted, enraged, “Tell me you’re joking!”

Suga shook his head, “Sadly, we’re not.”

In his hand was a slip of paper that was the cause of the entire disturbance that had gone on in the past few minutes. It was a note from you that you had finally concluded as your fate.

On it, in neatly printed handwriting, it stated:

I finally understand what it means to have friends. I know you all would be there for me when I needed you since you were so insistent on protecting me all this time, so jus this once, let me be there for you. I’m going to end this once and for all. I’ll give him what he wants. I’m aware what might happen and I’ve prepared myself. Tell everyone that I’m sorry and thanks. I love you guys with all my heart.

Daehyun grabbed the sheet of paper, crinkling it as his grip tightened, “She always decides things for herself! What the hell? This isn’t what I wanted to happen!”

“She’s going to give him what he wants?” Zelo cried, “He ing wants her life! Is she stupid? This is a suicide mission!”

V’s fists tightened and he stood abruptly, “I can’t let this happen. We’ve got to stop her.”

“No, we don’t want to stop her,” Jung Kook stood up as well, beside the other, “We need to save her. She’s right. All of this has to come to a stopping point – but not with her life as the price.”

“I second what Jung Kook said,” Yongguk narrowed his eyes at the slip of paper, “I don’t know what she’s planning, but I don’t have a good feeling about it.”

Himchan stuffed his hands into his pockets, “This incident is strangely like the one before where she left us once President Kim destroyed her fighting identity – The Black Butterfly. Nevertheless, count me in. She ran away from us before, but I won’t let it happen again. Ever.”

“Don’t forget us,” Jimin grinned, “She’s our friend as well.”

J-Hope nodded, “And you know what they say: Never abandon your friends.”

The rest of BTS nodded while Yuki smiled at the sight. B.A.P and BTS had never actually gotten along that well, but because of you, they were teaming up.

How spectacular!

However, Jin looked a bit undecided as to what he should do.

Should he save his crush’s best friend or watch over his crush?

Neither choice seemed right.

Luckily, unlike you, Yuki wasn’t as dense.

“Jin, go ahead with your friends,” Yuki instructed, “My brother will stay here with me and watch over my well-being. He’ll make sure I’m alright, so don’t worry, okay?”

Nam Joon chuckled and patted the boy’s back reassuringly, “You heard that? Your crush said it’s okay to save her best friend.”

“Yah! Nam Joon,” Jin raised a fist jokingly, “Don’t say nonsense!”

Yuki’s cheeks flushed a light pink and she looked away, unable to hide the smile that was spreading upon her lips, “Just go! You’re running out of time.”

Yongguk nodded, “She’s right. We’ve got to leave. We’ll lead the way.”

As the boys all dispersed from the room, Yuki clasped her hands together in a short prayer that all of you would be alright.

At the same time, you had finally arrived at your old house where your last memory of your parents and you occurred. Everything seemed to slowly come back to you.

All the happy memories.

All the sad memories.

All the surprises.

All the regret.

All the love.

All the hate.

At the front of the entrance was a black gate to which you touched slowly, pushing it opened.

The burnt remains of your parents’ house that had not completely fallen yet. It didn’t actually look that bad and if someone still wanted to live in the building, it would still be possible.

With caution, you slowly went into the house – the front door had been unlocked as if someone had already expected your arrival.

Your heart thumped loudly against your chest since you were extremely nervous as to what was going to happen to you. Though, for a split second, you felt fear, you remembered Yuki’s strength-giving words.

You smiled to yourself as you repeated that everything was going to be alright to yourself – a kind of self-hypnotization.

It was then when a voice boomed from behind you, “Well, look who finally decide to show up.”

You could recognize that voice from anywhere – It was indeed who you had thought it was.

“It’s been a long time, President Kim.”