66 Musical Talents

Kiss or Kill

A/N: So I have one more twist in this plot for all you readers who think Yuki and Yujin are going to be able to get a happy ending so easily~ be expecting it! ^-^)/


You didn’t forget about your Grandfather either. Jihyun said he would definitely have to serve his time in jail, but he would be spending his time in a hospital before he gets sent to prison.

During the time that you and Jung Kook remained at the hospital, it was basically impossible for the two of you to go see each other. Jung Kook’s wound had been healing slowly while your blood transfusion was taking a long time.

It was evident that it was working though – the blood results showed great improvement. Your body wasn’t rejecting the blood and your health had improved significantly.

To keep you from getting bored, Reita would bring his bass and V would lend you his guitar. The two of you would play songs together as the three of you would sing vocals.

You and V even helped him improve his skills with the bass and vocals.

You had realized why he had come here to improve – there something lacking in his singing and playing, but you weren’t sure what it was. Nevertheless, you tried to help the best you could – you were no teacher.

What you didn’t notice – and Reita and V did – was that the only reason you could sing this particular song so well was because it was reflecting your feelings for Jung Kook.

[CR: Cassis – The GazettE]

Even if your feelings fade tomorrow, I’ll still love you unchangingly

Even if you can’t see me tomorrow, I’ll still love you without fail

I will walk together, the future not promised

It keeps walking together, to the future in which you are…

You and V had learned to sing Reita’s Japanese songs through the romaji lyrics you had found online. It was helpful and you two were quickly able to learn the song. At first, the two of you sounded extremely silly, but afterwards, you two improved.

On one particular day, V had gone to go check on Jung Kook while you and Reita were left in a room by yourself. You strummed the guitar and hummed to the one Japanese song you had learned.

“You know,” Reita strummed his bass a couple of times before looking up at you, “You don’t actually sing that bad.”

You laughed and looked at him, “Really? I’m not that great either – I’m just not tone-deaf. Hey, can I try the bass?”

You expected him to say no, because he definitely treasured his instrument. However, he actually allowed you to play with it. Running your fingers across the foreign instrument, you began to play with it a bit. It wasn’t too different from the guitar, but it wasn’t exactly the same either.

The bass had four strings while the guitar had six. The notes were the same, but their locations had shifted a bit and the ranges were different.

It was cool to play on.

“Have you figured out why you can sing this song so well?” Reita wanted to know if you had finally realized your subconscious feelings for Jung Kook.

He knew that V had already given up on you, so you and Jung Kook could finally get together. However, by the look on your face, he knew you must not have noticed.

You hadn’t seen Jung Kook for about five days and he had missed you terribly. He always knew you were at the hospital, but he wasn’t aware you were getting blood transfusions.

Instead, he thought you had just completely ignored his existence. He heard the music that came down the hallway and he recognized the voices – one of them being yours.

If you were always so close, why didn’t you come and visit him? V always told him that you were completely fine and healthy – which was a mistake. It only made the situation worse.

Jung Kook began to believe that you must’ve fallen in love with either V or Reita. You three were always together and he was always with the rest of the BTS members in his room without you ever being there.

The boys had figured it was for the best if he didn’t know you were getting treatment as well in case he gets too worried and ran off to find you.

You glanced at Reita, “What are you talking about? I play this song well? Are you sure? I don’t really think I do.”

“Trust me,” he stated, “You do and I know why also.”

You tilted your head to the side, “Why is that?”

“Have you read the translation to the lyrics you’ve been singing?” he asked, a bit curious – though he already knew that you must have.

You nodded just like he thought, “Of course.”

“And you still don’t know why you sing the song well?” he asked a bit in disbelief – he didn’t know a girl could be so dense.

You shrugged nonchalantly and then began humming again before something clicked in your head. Reita hoped that it was because you realized your feelings. However, it wasn’t.

“I know what you’ve been missing in your singing!” you snapped your feelings, finally understanding, “You are too strict with yourself – always trying to be your very, very best – You’ve forgotten to enjoy singing when you do. Have fun Reita!”

You gave him the brightest smile you could manage.

Even though Reita was glad that you had finally realized the solution to improving his singing, that wasn’t what he wanted you to figure out.

“You’re really unbelievable…” Reita wanted to facepalm himself.

You just gave him an odd look, “What?”