26 The Tattoo

Kiss or Kill

After class, the six B.A.P boys had basically kidnapped you and taken you away to the back gym where students never go when the main gym was available.

You took a step back from them since you knew exactly what they were up to.

They wanted to check if you really weren’t who they thought you were.

“Yujin,” Daehyun stepped forward to get closer to you, but all you did was step back.

“I said I’m not the girl you think I am!” you shouted to them.

Your voice echoed in the gym, bouncing off the walls. You didn’t know what to do. They weren’t listening to you and you really didn’t want them to know your identity.

“Then let us confirm it,” Yongguk stated, “Show us your right shoulder. You were clutching at it earlier, you know? If you really aren’t the one we think you are, why don’t you show us your right shoulder right now?”

You shook your head, “You have no right to force me – Absolutely none at all.”

Youngjae glanced at you in disbelief, “Denying to the end? That’s so like you. You haven’t changed one bit. You’ve always been so stubborn.”

“Shut up,” you stated, “It’s not me. So what if I’m stubborn? Anyone can have that personality trait.”

Himchan raised an eyebrow, “Really? I don’t know many people who would risk their life to save the person who tried to kill them.”

Flashbacks began to show in your mind.

All the dark memories began to come back and you clutched your head. These memories were the ones you had tried so hard to suppress before coming to the school in order to become ‘normal’.

Of course, you weren’t able to get that.

“You know that you’re exactly who you think you are,” Zelo mumbled, “So what are you hiding from?”

You shook your head again and again, “I told you that I’m not!”

However, you knew that no matter what you said, they wouldn’t believe you.

With reactions like the one you were having, no one would believe what you were saying.

Nevertheless, B.A.P wanted proof that you were really her.

They looked to Jongup to try their one last resort. It was the one thing that could definitely prove if you were who you say you were.

"Mother. Father. Candle. Necklace. Fire. Candy. Butterfly,” Jongup began to recite a couple of seemingly unrelated words to you.

Now, these words would have seemed random to anyone except the one they had in mind. Each word sent a sharp pain into your chest.

All the words bore so much more meaning than what they appeared to mean.

“...Stop. Stop! JUST STOP IT!” you couldn’t take it anymore.

What kind of mental torture was this?

Your knees gave out and you fell down to the floor. Jongup came over and gently pulled the collar of your shirt to the right so they could see your bare shoulder.

It was a single black butterfly that was tattooed into your shoulder.

“I knew it,” Yongguk smiled a bit.

“You’re really her.”

“I thought we would never see you again.”

“Are you really alright?”

“Why did you hide yourself from us?”

The boys started to ask you so many questions at one time. You held up a hand to tell them to be quiet. You didn't plan on answering so many sudden questions in such little time. They followed your instructions well since they were so familiar to you.

Once upon a time, you had been their leader.

You still had trouble believing they had made you spill your identity so quickly. After all this time, you had forgotten how capable the boys were.

Zelo looked at you, "You lied to us?"

“As a matter of fact, in a way, I actually didn't,” you looked up at them, “You know that the me in your mind doesn’t exist anymore right?”

“No. You always exist,” they replied all at once as if they had practiced it before, “Always. Even if you run away from us physically like you did three years ago.”

You shook your head, “I had no choice.”

"You always have a choice," Youngjae pointed out.

Daehyun pointed to his chest, “Besides, the girl we knew three years ago, she’s always here, in all of our hearts.”

“Well make her disappear,” you stated bluntly, “She doesn’t exist – At least, not after what happened.”