11 The Necklace

Kiss or Kill

“What do you want?”

You had ran after him, wanting to know what was so important to him that he was willing to do something so dangerous. He had fought so many men and won which meant it must have taken a lot of strength.

To walk away so quickly and without a scratch – now that took effort.

You had grabbed his wrist and pulled him to a stop and that seemed to have irked him – not that other things didn’t. His cold glare screamed ‘Go away’ but you disregarded it.

“What was it?” you asked, “What was so important to you that you had to put your life in danger?”

He yanked his arm away, “What are you talking about? That fight was nothing.”

Again, he was being unbelievable and you didn’t know what to say to him. He was a real idiot.

Usually you called people stupid because of one stupid action, but this boy had committed one too many.

You jabbed your finger on his chest, not too hard but not too gentle, “Did you forget?”

He noticeably winced and you knew the wound had not healed at all – not that you thought it did of course. The wound was too big to heal within a day.

“Didn’t I tell you to stop – “ he began but you interrupted immediately.

“To stop pretending I care?” you crossed your arms, “You really are an idiot. If I didn’t care, I’d be long gone by now.”

He raised an eyebrow, “So you really do care? Then tell me why?”

“Why what?” you were annoyed.

“Why do you care,” he stated bluntly, “Tell me.”

You opened your mouth to give him a smart comeback but you couldn’t think of one. Why did you care? You weren’t sure. You just didn’t like the sight of someone being hurt. Your line of sight went down, and you saw something in his hands. Was that…?

No. There was no way it could possibly be. But you still wanted to check.

He saw you notice the thing in his hands and he hid it behind his back. You reached out and grabbed his hands, prying his fingers open so you could see it clearly.

“Jung Kook,” you said really slowly, “Why do you have this?”

Now you had peaked his interest. He glanced at you, curious, “You know this?”

Within his hand was shimmering silver necklace with a cross as a pendant. On it was carved "The Black Butterfly".

You're eyes widened.

It really was...

You thought you would never see it again. You reached out to touch it to see if you were hallucinating or imagining it but Jung Kook immediately pulled away once more.

“I said, do you know who this belongs to?” he repeated, his tone of voice seemed a bit more urgent.

You hesitated and then looked up to him, “Why does it matter?”

“It’s important to me. Very important,” he replied.

Now it was your turn to be curious. Why was it so important? Did something happen before that you should know about? He opened his hand as he glanced at the necklace.

“How did you get it?” you replied, suddenly becoming serious, “I thought I’d never see it again.”

“Again?” he raised an eyebrow, “So you do know who this belongs to?”

You ignored his question, “Answer me. How did you get it?”

“You answer me. Why do you know this?” he countered.

You gripped onto the collar of his shirt with a deadly glare, “I’m not kidding around. Answer my question."

"Well I'm not either," he started to say but your grip tightened.

"Jeon Jung Kook!"

He seemed surprised at your raise of the voice and your sudden reaction, but again, who wouldn’t be? You used to be all bark no bite and suddenly you had gripped onto his collar.

All became silent as the two of you glanced at each other.

“…You’re trembling,” he suddenly noted, breaking the silence.

His eyes were on your hands as you pulled away immediately, “Shut up. I’m not."

"Lee Yujin, what are you hiding?" he reached out towards you but you swatted his hand away.

"Nothing. This never happened."

Then, with one last look at him, you dashed away.

It was evident Jung Kook knew that something was up, but thankfully, he didn't run after you. If he did, you weren't sure how you would've responded.

There was no way that necklace would be in Jung Kook’s possession.

There was just no way.