19 Revelation

Kiss or Kill

It was much easier said than done. Just trying to get ready for school was a pain. With your leg bandaged like this, anything that required moving was hard work.

Nevertheless, you were really determined to get to school. You weren’t going to let a small obstacle like this get in your way.

Who knew if the Fan Club knew about V and Jung Kook treating you like this? If they did, worse things would start happening.

You just couldn’t risk it.

Limping your way around the house, trying to put on your school uniform, you suddenly wished Jung Kook had never left. If he was here, would things be a lot easier?

He had helped you a lot last night especially with the thunderstorm and all.

You stumbled a lot and you had to be incredibly cautious just so you could minimize the pain from the injury. When you had finished preparing yourself for school – which felt like forever – you began to walk to school.

Thankfully, you didn’t live that far from school.

Usually it was about a ten to fifteen minute walk, but today it felt like forever. You glanced at your watch and you realized you had about nine minutes to get to school.

You sighed, “I’m never going to reach school at this rate.”

“At what rate?” someone asked.

“You know, since I have –“ you paused.

Who were you talking to? Were you hearing things? Slowly, you turned around.

“Are you going to finish your sentence?” he glanced at you and then he noticed your leg, “What happened?”

You gave him a smile, but not really, “Um, it’s nothing, V. I just accidently hurt it last night.”

“When I saw you yesterday, it wasn’t there, was it?” he asked, “I think I would have noticed it.”

“It happened during a blackout. I wasn’t careful,” you replied quickly, “I’m fine. Seriously.”

He studied your expression for a bit and then nodded. Walking up to you, he placed one of your arms around his neck.

You retracted your arm on instinct, “What are you doing?”

“Helping?” he stated as if it was obvious and then moved your arm around his neck.

You shook your head, “You shouldn’t be doing this. Remember the Bangtan Fan Club Rules? I can’t be near you.”

“So you’re just going to limp to school at a speed slower than a turtle?” he raised an eyebrow.

You opened your mouth to give him a smart comeback. However, you couldn’t think of one. He made a good point. Hesitantly, you allowed him to help you.

As the two of you arrived at the school gate, there was about six minutes to spare. You were about to turn and thank you when someone shouted your name.

“What are you doing here?” the voice was a bit angry and irritated.

You already knew who it was without turning to face the owner of the voice – Jung Kook.

“She’s here for school,” V replied for you, “Isn’t that obvious?”

“V hyung,” Jung Kook said slowly, “Don’t you realize that she’s injured? She should be home recovering like I told her to do.”

You mentally facepalmed yourself. He shouldn’t have said that. V was a smart boy and you knew once Jung Kook told him that he instructed you to stay home, V would know you met with Jung Kook last night.

That may cause some misunderstandings.

“I’m fine,” you replied Jung Kook, reassuringly.

“You’re fine?” he repeated, “Hyung just helped you to school and you say you’re fine? Why didn’t you listen to what I said this morning?”

Your eyes widened and you tried to get him to shut up by sending him a look. However, he disregarded it. V glanced at Jung Kook and then at you.

“This morning? Did you…” he glanced at Jung Kook, “…Spend the night at her house?”

“Of course not!” you immediately interjected.

However, he had replied at the same time as you did, “So what if I did?”

You couldn’t believe your ears. Was he serious? You wanted to crawl into a corner and hide.

Finding your balance, you cleared your throat, “I’m not going to deal with this now. I have to go to class.”

“No. You are not. You’re going home,” Jung Kook stated.

You narrowed your eyes at him, “I’m staying here.”

Then, you limped by him and headed into the school.

“I’ll help you,” V called out and followed behind you.

As the two of you went into the school building, you left Jung Kook standing outside all by himself. You felt kind of bad, but you had made your choice.

Outside, Jung Kook turned and glanced at you.

That idiot.