20 Kim Seokjin

Kiss or Kill

Yuki was at her locker, setting a couple of things down and grabbing materials she knew she would need for class. Her locker was clean after you had stopped the couple of girls who were trying to stuff trash there.

She glanced around looking for her best friend – you – but couldn’t find you at all.

Her eyes glanced at something on the ground that had caught her eye.

It was a pencil.

To anyone else, it would have been nothing special. To her, she could recognize that pencil from a thousand feet away.

It was yours.

This meant that you had to have been here and something would have caused you to drop it.

Fear ran through her veins.

Even without asking, she knew what had happened. You must have defended her once again.

Her hands gripped onto her binder and then she closed her locker. She had to go find you. She had to stop you from protecting her again.

She was strong enough to withstand whatever the Fan Club had for her.

Recalling a time when the Fan Club was indeed good, she sighed. She didn’t know how things turned out like this. What had happened to their leader?

“The Japanese Freak,” a voice said from behind her, “Stay away from her. You don’t know what kind of diseases she carries with her.”

Yuki spun around only to be face-to-face with the same girls you had faced earlier, “What do you want, Taeyeon?”

She was careful not to let her voice shake or show any signs of weakness.

One slip and the girls would attack her mercilessly.

As long as she kept up a strong front, they wouldn’t hurt her as much.

“Where’s your idiot friend?” a girl came walking forward, “Couldn’t take a little punch?”

“Hyoyeon,” Yuki tried to hide a horrified expression, “What punch? What did you do to her?”

Yuri twirled looked at her new manicure and then glanced up at Yuki, “I don’t know what she sees in you. We only tried to put trash in its rightful place.”

Those two words echoed throughout Yuki’s mind.

Rightful place?

She was confused for a moment until she put two and two together. The girls must have wanted to trash her locker.

“That girl. Putting trash in my locker is no big deal,” Yuki mumbled to herself.

“At least the freak knows we did nothing wrong,” a girl named Jessica stated innocently.

It made Yuki want to barf. Nothing wrong? As if.

These girls were known as the Girls’ Generation – also known as SNSD – and they were members of the Bangtan Fan Club. They worship their leaders almost as much as the school Kingkas. However, they were easily manipulated.

It was hard to believe that she was almost friends with them at one time.

But then, everything changed.

“Japanese freak,” Taeyeon began to say, but Yuki sent her a glare, “Don’t call me that.”

If Yujin could be so strong, she believed that she could be too. It was time for her to stand up for herself as well.

However, Tiffany and Hyoyeon stepped forward, both with an evil glint in their eyes, “What did you say?”

Yuki, quiet by nature, stepped back.

It was a mistake.

It was evidence of being weak.

It was proof of being scared.

The girls smirked at each other and began to crowd around Yuki, pulling on her hair and slapping her.

“Don’t you dare glare at our leader that way!”

“You are such a .”

“Remember your place you filthy girl!”

Yuki tried to defend herself, but there were just too many people against her. She was about to run away when a loud voice made everyone freeze.

“Don’t you dare touch her.”

She had been expecting Yujin to come, but the voice was too low. It wasn’t her. Whoever it was, she couldn’t look up and face them at the time. She fell to the ground, covering her head.

“N-No way…” the girls mumbled to themselves.

They all slowly stepped back and stared at the scene in disbelief.

The savior came down and said in a soft but dangerous voice, “I don’t hit girls, but go now before I change my mind.”

Without hesitation, they all dispersed.

“Are you alright?”

A hand came down in front of Yuki and she slowly looked up at the one who had saved her.

“K-Kim Seokjin-ssi?”