42 Hatred

Kiss or Kill

CONTINUED FLASHBACK:

The situation got out of hand immediately. The fire spread extremely quickly. The three of them had tried to escape but the fire had split the room in half.

A line of fire separated Jini and her mother from her father.

“J-Jagiya,” the mother stared at the father in alarm, “I-I…”

“Get her out of here! Go!” he shouted at her, urging her to go quickly.

He pointed to the door and shouted again, repeating the same words again and again. Jini began to cry, she didn’t know what to do. The mother finally did what the father wanted. She picked up the young girl and took her away.

Carrying her in her arms, she ran outside and instructed her with one direction.

“Go find Grandfather and get him to call 119!” she said.

Grandfather had always scared her, but she knew the situation was bad. Even though Grandfather was a bad, bad man, she had to go find him. He only lived across the street, but given the time of day, he should be asleep.

Running across the street, she ran across the street, banging on the door. After a few moments, the door opened and those dark eyes stared back at her. Jini didn’t have to say anything.

Within seconds, he smelled the smoke coming from his own daughter’s house – Jini’s mother.

His eyes widened, grabbing his cell phone, he dialed 119.

The ambulance, fire trucks, and police arrived on scene promptly twelve minutes later. Her mother and father were nowhere in sight. She wanted to run back in to find her parents, but the police had her in custody.

It was then did she see one person get carried out of the fire. It was her father.

“DADDY!” she called out, almost in tears.

Her grandfather went up to the man, “Where’s my daughter? Where’s your wife?!”

His voice rose over the time and it got more annoyed and more worried. He was scared of losing his own daughter and he was angry that he was out here and his granddaughter was safe. He’d much rather have his own daughter live and everyone else die.

“I…” Jini’s father began to say, “I tried. I tried so hard. She was my love for the past ten years. She was my love. She is my story.”

His voice was weak and seemed almost lifeless, but that made sense. Almost a few minutes later, Jini heard someone shouting.

“Your love? She was my little girl!” her grandfather yelled, furious, “You. You get back in there and save her. GO!”

Jini’s little heart broke as she heard them talk about the loss of her own mother.

She touched the necklace on her neck, the last gift from her parents. It was the last time she was going to see her mom ever again.

Tears rolled down her cheeks. She couldn’t stop crying. This all happened because of her. It was all her fault. She didn’t even know how to face her dad anymore.

It was then someone shouted, “GET THE MEDIC! WE’RE LOSING HIM!”

Guess her problem was solved. She didn’t have to face her dad anymore. Both of her beloved parents were on the verge of death.

One burning inside the house.

One dying of heartbreak.

She collapsed onto the wet grassy ground.

The rain was still coming down hard and the thunder and lightning still went on. However, the noises were drowned out by her own cries and the shattering of her heart.

If she was stronger, if she was less afraid, nothing like this would have happened.

She regretted it so much.

A pair of shoes appeared in front of her – her grandfather.

“This,” he stated, coldly, “This is all your fault. You worthless, stupid idiot. You killed my daughter. You killed your mother. You should’ve died in her place. Words cannot describe how much I hate you.”

TO BE CONTINUED.