06 The Nurse's Office

Kiss or Kill

A/N: It feels weird to address a character in this FanFic as "Rap Monster" so I'll be using his real name - Nam Joon


You were limping your way toward the locker rooms when you realized the perfect solution for you dilemma – The nurse’s office. You realized you could just stay there and ask the nurse to write a note for you after the class was over.

When you walked into the nurse’s office, you saw her about to leave for her lunch break. It was earlier than the students, because she was required to help monitor the lunch room.

You hesitated in going into the office but she told you that you could just help yourself to the medical supplies.

“But I need you to write a note for me, so I can show it to my gym teacher,” you explained, “I hurt my ankle and I can’t participate in today’s activities.”

“That’s alright,” she reassured, “I’ll write you one when I get back.”

You reached out to ask her how long she would be gone, but she had already left.

You sighed.

Once again, you were left by yourself.

Quickly, you got a bag of ice and found a bed to lie down on. You rested your leg on the bed and placed the ice bag on your ankle.

By now, it was extremely red and pretty swollen. You sighed to yourself, “Life .”

Suddenly, loud voices came echoing down the hallway.

“Hurry before she comes back!”

“Ow, don’t push me!”

“Damn, they were stronger than I thought.”

“Gently, gently! I just stopped the bleeding!”

Was someone hurt? You kept your eyes on the door, waiting to see who was there. Sure enough, a couple of boys came stumbling into the nurse’s office.

“You?” your eyes widened, “What… happened?”

You almost couldn’t recognize them – the Kingkas. They were badly beaten up. Each had their own share of bruises, cuts, and blood. You slowly made your way over to them.

“What are you looking at?” Jimin mumbled.

Their leader, Nam Joon, looked at you with cold eyes, “Don’t look so shocked. Haven’t you seen cuts and bruises before?”

It was true.

You have seen injuries like this before but to see them again was a bit alarming. You hadn’t seen them in awhile and when you have, it wasn’t on the people who were close to you.

But then again, it wasn’t as if the Kingkas were close to you – but you didn’t think they were bad enough people who deserved to be beaten up like this.

Your eyes scanned over their injuries and assessed the situation.

They were having trouble putting on bandages, band-aids, medicine, and other medical attention that they needed. Their hands were trembling a bit, because they were hurt pretty badly.

You hesitated, wondering if you should go and help them.

However, once you saw how unknowledgeable they were toward medicine, you decided to help out.

Slowly, you got up and went over to them. You saw J-Hope wincing as he tried to apply medicine to the cuts on his arms and one on his nose.

“Idiot,” you mumbled softly, “Wash your wounds first.”

You grabbed a piece of cloth, wetted it, and cleaned his wounds. He looked at you a bit alarmed, “What are you doing?”

“Helping,” you told him, and began to apply the medicine slowly. It was evident that it still hurt, but at least the pain wasn’t as bad once the wound was clean. He watched you closely as you placed band-aids over his cuts.

Then, you moved on to the next boy, Jimin, who had pulled up his shirt since he had a large cut down his abdomen.

You could tell it must have hurt a lot since the wound did look quite deep. You took the bandage in his hands, so you could help him wrap the cut up tightly.

He watched you curiously, but he didn’t say a word.

At least he had enough common sense to clean his wounds first. You began to wrap his abdomen up with the bandage. Before wrapping his waist up, you noticed how fit he was.

No wonder girls fawn over him.

You made your way over to the leader, Kim Nam Joon, who struggled to apply medicine on his back. He couldn’t reach the wound. You spun him around and took the medicine from him. Swiftly, you applied the medication after cleaning the wound.

You helped Suga afterwards who had become weak.

Like you, he seemed to have hurt his leg badly. He limped around, trying to find gauze that he could use to wrap his knee. It was swollen and bruised. You handed him the bag of ice you were using earlier and sat him down on a chair, “Don’t move. It’ll hurt more.”

Jung Kook stared at you as you helped his friends. He didn’t know what to think. Wasn’t it just yesterday when the two of you were on horrible terms? He watched as you helped Jin clean his face which was stained with blood and then move onto V.

“Guitar guy,” you glanced at your next patient, “V, right?”

He just looked at you, muttering, “I don’t need your help. I’m fine.”

Your eyes trailed down to his arm which had blood dripping from it, “You don’t look fine.”

Pulling up his sleeve, you found a large gash in his shoulder. He looked away and you softened. He was trying to be strong, you noted. Rapidly, you treated his gash and stopped his bleeding.

“You know, you don’t need to be that strong when you’re not in front of the enemy,” you said, looking at him, “You’re among friends, right?”

You gave him a small smile and turned to the last boy – Jeon Jung Kook.

He looked away quickly and you thought he wasn’t hurt. However, the redness seeping through his shirt gave it away.  He was still bleeding, but his shirt was soaking up all the blood for him.

He stumbled a bit as he tried to move away from you and that was when you realized, he had lost a lot of blood.

“You really are an idiot,” you mumbled as you made your way over to him, “Sit down.”

However, as you went over to try and help him, he lost his balance, fell, and passed out.

“JUNG KOOK!”