04 Meeting V

Kiss or Kill

It was a miracle that you had a cough mask in your bag that you always kept with you. With it, no one would be able to see the same cut on your lip that Jung Kook had. Yuki kept questioning you about the situation, but you kept avoiding the topic.

After class, a group of girls flocked towards Jung Kook, so you were unable to reach him. As a result, you decided to find him after class.

Throughout the school day, you kept pondering whether or not you should even apologize to him since he wasn’t all that nice to you either.

However, he was right. The guitar was his and just because you didn’t know it was his, it didn’t mean it was right to touch it. Plus, you kicked him.

If anyone had kicked you, you would’ve killed them on the spot.

Jung Kook deserved the apology.

Nevertheless, fate seemed to be against you. You had lost track of him throughout the school day. You thought he’d be easy to find because girls were always around him. You assumed that if you saw a large group of girls, Jung Kook would be at the center.

However, it was not the case. Other boys were at the center of the crowds of girls. You saw about six different boys, all good-looking, but they weren’t who you were looking for.

They were probably the other Kingkas.

You couldn’t pair each face up with a name, but it didn’t take a genius to figure out who was who. All the girls were all squealing their names with their high pitched voices.

Of course, the girls still kept their distance since there were about five girls their keeping the others in line.

Those were probably the members of the Bangtan Fan Club.

You had received a bad vibe from those girls.

You knew avoiding them would be the best, so you left their sight as quickly as possible. Even then, one problem remained – How did you plan to find Jung Kook?

Your mind wandered back to that music room. If you went back there, would be able to find him?

Taking a deep breath, you headed back to the awful location. You wondered why the guitar was so important to him. He seemed like he wanted to protect that guitar so much, it was like his life depended on it.

The boy is crazy is what you convinced yourself.

When you arrived at the entrance of the music room, you heard something from inside. It was a gentle melody that caused you to feel relaxed. The music seemed to come from the guitar you had been playing yesterday.

You went into the room thinking it was Jung Kook. However, you found someone else holding the guitar. His hair wasn’t black like Jung Kook’s. It was a blonde color that faded into a black color.

If you weren’t mistaken, this was Kim Taehyung – or as the rest of the school called him – V.

He didn’t say anything. The situation became awkward rapidly.

“U-Um, sorry. I was looking for someone else,” you tried to explain, “I think you know him. His name is Jung Kook?”

That seemed to grab his attention, “Jung… Kook? As in one of us?”

You assumed ‘us’ was referring to the rest of the Kingkas, so you nodded quickly, “Yeah. Jeon Jung Kook.”

His eyes glanced to the cough mask you had on, “…I see. You must be new. Just a heads up for the future, you realize you shouldn’t be here right?”

“Why not?” you tilted your head in curiosity, “Is there a rule that says I can’t?”

“Bangtan Fan Club Rule #9 states that you should never come onto our property,” he stated clearly, “This music room is our property. Actually, not only this room, but the school roof top and the back hallway also.”

You raised an eyebrow at him, “You really think you’re all that? You really think that you are really worth being worshipped like royalty at this school?”

He ignored you, “Rule #11 demands that all Bangtan Fan Club Rules must be obeyed like laws.”

You shrugged, “Let me add my own rule then: All Bangtan Fan Club Rules do not apply to Lee Yujin. Mess with her and one shall die. Now tell me where Jung Kook is.”

Almost as if it were on cue, you heard another voice from behind you, “YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”

That voice was unmistakable. It was him – the one you’ve been looking for. You turned around to face him, noting that annoyed expression clearly shown on his face.

“I have a name, you know,” you crossed your arms, “Lee. Yu. Jin.”

“People like you don’t deserve to be called by their names,” he shot back, “Besides, you touched my stuff. No one ever touches my stuff.”

Almost instinctively, you pointed at V who was sitting in the corner with the guitar, “He did.”

“Get it right. This is mine,” V gestured to the guitar, then pointed to the other one sitting by the window sill, “That is his.”

You began to feel embarrassed, “Well, whatever! I’m sorry alright?”

“Oh wow, I feel your sincerity,” he replied sarcastically towards you before glancing up at V, “Hyung, let’s go. He wants us. He said something about those incidents.”

V nodded and the two of them walked out, leaving you behind. You stood there for a moment, processing the situation before you realized what had happened.

He blew off your apology.

“HEY! Wait! I wasn’t done talking!” you called out after him, even more annoyed, “YAH! You idiot!”