43 Poison

Kiss or Kill

A/N: Didn't update in the past few hours because my computer was messed up and everything didn't load correctly D: Sorry!


CONTINUED FLASHBACK:

Jini’s grandfather had never once approved of his own daughter marrying that man. He wasn’t wealthy. He wasn’t smart. He was less than average. When Jini’s mother had gone to her own dad to get his consent for the marriage, he was outraged.

Even if he had willed against the marriage, it still happened.

He couldn’t stop them, so when Jini was born, he hated her. She was the living evidence of his own daughter’s rebellion and betrayal.

Now that Jini was also the cause of her mother’s death, his hatred grew more.

Her grandfather was a scientist. He was always experimenting on something in his own room. He never actually watched over Jini even though he became her legal guardian.

Sometimes, he would beat her for saying one wrong word or answering a question wrong.

If she didn’t do something right on the first try, she would get a bruise from a kick or a hit. Crying herself to sleep every single night, she only took comfort in the one semi-nice thing he had done for her.

He gave her candy once a week.

However, in her gut, she knew something was wrong with the candy. Every time she would eat it, she would get increasingly sick. At first, it was just aches and stomach pain. Then it became fevers, shaking, and blisters.

If it was a bad day, her blood with thin, forcing her to faint due to blood loss.

It was not only did she snuck into her Grandfather’s room did she realize that he had made every single piece of candy with chemicals. They weren’t real sweets.

He was poisoning her.

However, Jini was a bright child. She stayed optimistic.

Every week, she would take that piece of candy and hoped it wasn’t poison. She hoped that one of those candies would be real and that her grandfather would slowly grow to care for her.

It wasn’t the case. Each time the poison got stronger until she finally couldn’t take it anymore. After fifteen years of torture, her toleration had reached its limit.

Vomiting blood and becoming incapable of moving was just too much for her.

She wasn’t about to give up on the hope that her Grandfather would give her real candy, but she wasn’t about to get sicker. She decided to train her body.

She went out and learned to fight in all areas of martial arts where she met the six boys known as B.A.P.

At the time, Jini was antisocial and she didn’t know how to communicate well. Her Grandfather had locked her in and kept her away from society. When she turned fifteen, she learned to sneak out. She learned to become independent.

Though her Grandfather would notice occasionally, he would just give her a slap and send her to her room.

The slap was nothing compared to the poison.

Hanging around with the B.A.P boys, she did the one thing she always dreamt of doing. She wanted to prevent other people from being bullied.

She wanted no one else to suffer anything like she’s been through.

Together, they created their motto: Be the BEST of the best. Speak the ABSOLUTE truth. Friends PERFECT you. Best. Absolute. Perfect. B.A.P.

They dubbed you their leader The Black Butterfly, because it was the little nickname your mother had given to you before she departed from the world of the living.

Together, you righted the wrongs and saved people from harm.

Sure, there were times when she was outside that she would collapse from the poison in her system. Her body was always going haywire – Doing whatever it wanted at whenever. It was all very sudden.

Jini never went to the hospital either, because if she did, her Grandfather would be taken into custody after she got questioned about the poison in her system.

He would be the first suspect naturally.

Even if her Grandfather was evil and rotten to the core, she couldn’t bring herself to be the reason for him to being locked away.

She believed that he only did what he did because his own daughter died due to the curse of her child – Jini.

The hatred didn’t dissipate over the years.

It grew. It doubled. It tripled.

But even though there was so much hate, Jini still cared.

TO BE CONTINUED.