75 Thunderstorms

Kiss or Kill

A/N: So this story is slowly coming to an end - there shouldn't be more than 5 chapters after this one~ Thank you guys for all the support on this story up to now! ^-^)/


Without saying anything else, you glanced at him one last time before turning around, dashing up the stairs. You didn’t want Jung Kook or anyone else in BTS to see you in this state. Even if you didn’t know your way around the building and you weren’t allowed upstairs, you really didn’t care about that much at the time.

You just wanted to find a way to disappear for awhile.

Though it baffled the other people that you kept running away from the one you loved, you really couldn’t help it. His words back then still haunted you now – it had just been on little misunderstanding and it was able to make Jung Kook say those words.

What if next time, something bigger happens? Would he do more than just say he didn’t like you or would he go out and do something crazier?

You didn’t want to think about such hard and bad thoughts – it wasn’t reassuring to know that you would have to be living on the edge if you were close to Jung Kook.

You needed time to think about this. Why did the mind and heart have to work against each other? You couldn’t forget the fact that your heart was reaching out to him so much, but you also couldn’t ignore the fact that your mind was sending you warning signals.

“Jung Kook,” you mumbled to yourself, “What have you done to me? I can’t think straight. I can’t function properly. I’m so confused.”

You had entered a dark room where you could just think by yourself – alone. You leaned against the wall and slowly collapsed on your feet.

Folding your feet against your chest, you rested your chin on your knees. You wrapped your arms around your legs and closed your eyes. This was what you used to do when the thunder and lightning hit and you needed a way to calm down.

It was basically an upright fetal position. You weren’t sure why this position always made you calm down, but it’s not like it mattered why. You were just glad that it did.

Outside, you could hear lots of chattering. You knew it was the BTS boys by the tones you were hearing. They were loud, alarmed, surprised, shocked, and everything else – but most of all, the one voice you could distinctly recognize was the one that was the most worried – Jung Kook’s.

“FIND HER!” he demanded to the boys, “FIND HER NOW.”

His voice was firm and commanding as if someone’s life was on the line. You couldn’t make out what he said afterwards, but whatever it was, it seemed serious.

Why did he have to care about you so much like that? Didn’t he say he didn’t love you?

If he really didn’t love you, then you would prefer him not to try to get close to you so much. You’d want him to leave you – You’d want him to pretend he didn’t care and you didn’t exist.

That way, you could be able to forget about him in peace.

“YUJIN!” someone shouted.

The voice sounded like Jin’s. Someone else shouted your name again – Was it V? Then, a couple of loud footsteps running in the hallway were heard.
“Go check the next floor – the both of you,” a third voice instructed, “I’ll recheck this floor just in case she’s really here.”

A sigh was heard and Jin asked, “Why don’t you just let her cool off for a bit? I think she just wants to be alone. She’ll come out when she wants to, Jung Kook.”

“I think Jin is right,” V replied, “Let her have some alone time.”

Then, the two boys’ footsteps were heard, slowly walking away. A loud bang was heard – someone had punched the cement wall in frustration.

“You guys don’t understand,” Jung Kook muttered, “I have to find her.”

You wanted to go over to him and tell him that he didn’t have to and he should have listened to both Jin and V’s advice. They knew what they were talking about.

But then, you heard Jung Kook mutter one last thing, “…Because she’s afraid of thunderstorms.”

That made you glance outside the window where you finally realized that the sky had darkened and before you knew it, rain had started to pour.

A series of doors opening and closing were heard as you curled up into the corner of the room. A loud booming noise was heard and it made you whimper and cover your ears quickly.

What was with this horrible change of weather?

Suddenly, the door to the room you were in opened – You didn’t notice. Your eyes had been tightly closed so you couldn’t see the lightning that followed the thunder.

Jung Kook glanced around the room, but he didn’t notice the you in the corner. As he closed the door, another loud thundering noise was heard and it made you jump.

A loud clatter was heard and Jung Kook knew you must’ve been hiding. He the lights as he made his way into the room – finally noticing you hiding in the corner.

Realizing that someone had came in, you slowly opened your eyes, meeting eyes with him.

“…J-Jung Kook!”

In the spur of the moment, you had run up and hugged him tightly since you were so afraid of the thunder and he made you feel safe and relaxed before.

Jung Kook wrapped his arms around you as well, gently patting your back and your hair, “Hey, don’t worry. I’m here, alright? I won’t be going anywhere anymore.”