50 A Hidden Message

Kiss or Kill

“Hey guys! We found the candy and –“

The door burst open and in came Jung Kook.

He froze while the both of you quickly pulled apart from each other. Jung Kook had came in and the scene he saw made his blood boil.

His hyung’s lips were on the forehead of the girl he loved, in a room, all by themselves. He was bound to misunderstand the situation, but you weren’t sure how to explain it.

To avoid the awkward silence in the air, you tried to change the subject, “You found the candy? Oh, um, that’s great. I’ll go find Reita now.”

You tried to make your way out of the room, but Jung Kook moved in front of you, blocking you, “What was that?”

“What was what?” you began.

The moment you said that, V’s heart felt like it broke into a thousand pieces.

It had taken him quite a bit of courage to do what he did and you had disregarded within a minute.

“So it was nothing?” Jung Kook asked, suspicious.

You rubbed the back of your neck glancing at V a bit, “Well… That’s not really true either.”

As V’s heart began to heal a bit after hearing that the move didn’t exactly have any impact on you, Jung Kook’s heart began to shatter too.

His hyung’s kiss on the forehead actually meant something to you?

That made him begin to try to think about how much his own kisses made an impact on you. However, jealousy was seriously clouding his mind as he couldn’t even recall that you had become so nervous with him.

The tension in the room seemed to rise as V and Jung Kook sent each other their deadliest glares. You didn’t know what to do, so you took the chance and escaped from the room.

You headed downstairs where Reita was. He had just finished unwrapping all the candy and putting the wrappers on the table.

“What does it say?” you glanced at the words as you came next to Reita.

Reita shrugged, “Maybe my Korean is bad, but this doesn’t make any sense.”

You examined the words and he was right. They didn’t make any sense. Then, you remembered how the situation was like a puzzle. It was easy – the words weren’t placed in the right order.

Rearranging them would do the trick. You studied the words and then moved the words, so it would form a sentence.

Lee Yujin, my dear Jini, let’s end this where it all began.
You know where to go.

“Does it make any sense to you?” asked Reita, “Where did it all begin?”

Your fingers traced over the words as you slowly came to a realization, “He wants me to go back to my parents’ house… That's how everything began. It's the reason why I moved in with my Grandfather who created hell in the world of the living. ...Reita, I don’t think I have it in me to walk back there.”

He placed his hand on your head and ruffled your hair gently, “Don’t be afraid. You’re friends will be with you, right by your side. Don’t you trust them to be?”

But it wasn't that that worried you.

“I don’t want them to be hurt,” you glanced up at him, worried, “They beat us so bad last time. I couldn’t move for days. I just, I don’t know what to do. Reita…”

"Call me Akira," he smiled, "Remember what I said before? Only my friends call me Akira. I think you've reached that point where I am able to bring myself to call you my friend."

His arms wrapped around you, embracing you in a gentle hug as he patted your back, comforting you in place of V and Jung Kook.

You buried your face into his chest.

Mother. Father. I’m so sorry for being so weak and useless. I even caused you to die. Jini would do anything to rewind time and start over.

“DON’T TOUCH YUJIN!” two loud voices shouted as they came tumbling down the stairs.

Reita and you looked over in surprise as Jung Kook and V stood up, dusting their clothes, “What the hell?”

The two boys had realized that while they were upstairs having a staring showdown, Reita was with you by himself.

Jung Kook and V became so worried that the quiet downstairs led them to believe you were doing whatever with Reita.

“Yah,” you narrowed your eyes as you pulled away from Reita, “What are you guys shouting about? Who’s touching me?”

Jung Kook and V glanced at each other than both gave you a sheepish smile, “Um, sorry. Did we say something? I don’t recall.”

Their tactic of playing dumb made you laugh a bit. Those boys were silly and you didn’t know what went on in their minds.

“Reita, don’t you think there’s something wrong with them mentally?” you nudged the elder boy in the arm.

He grinned knowingly while you just looked at him confused to what he had then stated, “You’re so dense.”