54 Reappearance

Kiss or Kill

Your eyes met with President Kim’s and you were practically speechless. Though he had aged over time, his cold and merciless eyes didn’t change – Actually, his expression didn’t change at all.

“What do you want?” you asked without breaking eye contact.

President Kim slowly made his way over to you, a cruel grin spread across his lips, “Still the same girl from the past I see. Jini – or shall I call you Yujin? I wonder if you ever figured out why I called you to me before with the hostage crisis.”

“Because you’re a bastard and you hated me and my Grandfather?” you shrugged.

Honestly, you hadn’t thought of it that much. You just knew that he had taken your Grandfather and you had to save him. Back then, you assumed that your Grandfather had gotten into some trouble and he was paying the price – But why was Youngjae taken as well?

It was then that you finally became completely honest with yourself – If you were completely honest with yourself, you actually had no idea why it occurred.

President Kim chuckled to himself at your confused and puzzled expression, “You really are a stupid girl.”

Your eyes narrowed at his remark and that was when you got the hint.

You only knew part of the story back then. You didn’t know the whole truth – Something else was missing from your memory.

“What aren’t you telling me?” you demanded.

He scoffed, “What makes you think I am going to tell you?”

You knew he was just playing you. There was no way he was going to keep the truth secret if he had called you here just to remind you of the past.

“Because,” you began, “that was why you brought me here, wasn’t it?”

Smirking, President Kim adjusted his tie, “I’m glad that maybe you’re not as stupid as you look. It’s half of the reason why I called you here. There’s really no reason for me to hide it anymore.”

Narrowing your eyes, you waited for him to continue to explain why you were here, “Well?”

There was a short pause as the suspension slowly built up. You  were impatient, but he was having fun messing with your mind.

Then, finally, he stated, “Years ago, the reason why I took your Grandfather and Youngjae was simple – You, as the Black Butterfly, had gotten in the way of my… business.”

You furrowed your eyebrows at the word ‘business’. That was when you slowly began to recall all those corruption scandals that had arose around him. You also remembered that you had wanted to put a stop to him, so he became one of your top priorities to destroy.

“So, I must’ve gotten close to getting rid of you and your shady business,” you slightly smirked, “You couldn’t take a girl like me putting you down. You are such a coward.”

“Don’t get too cocky,” he countered, “You were supposed to have died a long time ago. How did you survive?”

That made you confused. Didn’t he let you and Youngjae go with a couple of fierce beatings and killed your Grandfather?

That happened because you listened to him and gave up your work as the Black Butterfly.

…So why was he talking about having had killed you back then?

You were right – You didn’t know the whole truth.

“What are you talking about?” you raised an eyebrow, “Didn’t you let me go?”

That caused President Kim to become a bit confused too for awhile, “So it wasn’t carried through? That means that, even back then, I was –“

The man began to laugh, but not in the happy way. It was more like a sick laugh that people gave when they realized they had been tricked, fooled, or lie to.

“You were what?” you asked, curious.

President Kim grinned and shook his head, “You really don’t know? I didn’t know that your life was even of value, but it must’ve been if you’re alive.”

“What are you talking about?” you asked, voice rising, annoyed.

The man turned around called out an order, “Bring him in.”

You saw a couple of man walk out to a black car that was sitting outside at the front lawn. Someone was grabbed out of the car harshly and they slowly approached you and President Kim inside the house.

“What the hell is this?” your eyes widened as the men outside came into the building, allowing you to see who it was.

"Shocked?" President Kim grinned, “I’m sure you've spent your whole life hating the one person who actually saved your life not once but twice."

You didn't understand what was going on.

What did he mean that your life was saved by him of all people?

“…J-Jini,” the captured man muttered, out of breath, "Run."

He was beaten badly – cuts and bruises had covered his entire body. However, that wasn’t what made you surprised and worried.

He wasn’t even supposed to be here, alive.

Grandfather?”