21 Hypocritical Actions

Kiss or Kill

Yuki wasn’t in class when you arrived and that sent you into panic mode. Had something happened to her? Was she sick?

Or did something worse happen?

...Did the Fan Club come after her?

You glanced down at your bandaged leg. How could you have been so afraid of lightening? How could you have hurt yourself? You hated yourself for being so clumsy.

Hypothetical questions clouded your mind.

The more possibilities came to your mind, the more worried you got. You were completely unaware of Jung Kook watching your every move as he came into the classroom.

Finally, you couldn’t take it anymore. The anxiety was killing you from the inside.

Before the bell could ring, you limped out of the room as fast as possible. You were going to find Yuki no matter what.

“Stop right there!”

You froze at the sound of his voice. He followed you out again? Why did Jung Kook seem to be in your life so much now?

You turned around, sighed and crossed your arms, “I don’t have time for you.”

Jung Kook shrugged, “Am I supposed to care what you think?”

“I don’t need your repayment anymore,” you pointed out, “So if this is repayment, I don’t want it.”

“Who says this is still repayment?” he raised an eyebrow.

You tilted your head. If this wasn’t repayment, then what was it? Could what you had thought earlier really be the case?

-Flashback-

He shrugged and told you it was nothing but a sense of repayment for treating him and all of his school Kingka friends from earlier.

You couldn’t help but hide a smile. Did he mean that the repayment was for dinner?

His mistake meant that he was lying and somewhere deep down, he was doing this because he actually cared about your health.

But, if you were wrong and if it really was what he said then this repayment was incredibly long which made it a bit unusual.

-End Flashback-

You shook your head.

He was just a weird guy, so you must be wrong. There is no way he cared. You remembered the days before when the two of you were completely strangers but also enemies.

Now he was in front of you, telling you that this wasn't repayment. What a joke.

You looked at him, “If this isn’t repayment, then what is it?”

Studying his behavior, he seems to be unsure of the answer to your question also. You weren't sure why but that made you feel a bit better.

“Well, if there is nothing else,” you stated, “I’ll be going first.”

Quickly, you moved away to look for Yuki.

“Wait!” he called out to you again.

Turning around, you looked at him with a bit of annoyance, “What?”

He advanced towards you and grabbed your wrist, “We’re going back to class.”

You yanked your arm back, “NO!”

“Don’t you care about yourself at all?” he shouted back at you.

Your eyes widened at him, as his voice rose. He was giving you a look of disbelief, his hands clenched. He seemed to be furious, but at the same time, worried.

“You go on and on about how people should take care of themselves, yet you never do what you say!” he continued to go on, “You’re such a hypocrite!”

Your head lowered and you muttered, “You don’t know anything about me. You have no right to call me that.”

“Then stop hiding everything and tell me!” he demanded, “How am I supposed to know if you never say anything?"

Reasons began to pile up in your head, silently.

Because there was no reason for him to know.

Because you didn't want people to worry.

Because he didn't need to know.

However, all you managed to do was utter one single question.

“What’s the point of taking care of yourself when your body is already completely messed up?” you looked at him with a bit of helplessness in your eyes.