49 Comfort

Kiss or Kill

A/N: So like, I don't know how much I'll update tomorrow (or is it today? its 1AM o:). It's the 4th of July (Independence Day) here where I live and my family is actually going to celebrate it! Surprising huh? XD Anyways, I'll update if I get the chance. If not, please don't hate me D: I'll make it up to you --- somehow?  Lol, I don't know. Whatever, we'll see what happens~


It turns out that Reita didn’t know that Yuki had been receiving many pieces of candy through the mail. Since he always came home late, he never looks at the mail.

That was why that on the rare occasion that he had came home early, he was able to find only one candy out of the dozens that were sent.

This was the first time Yuki actually tried the candy, so, naturally, this was the only time she had gotten sick.

However, if there was a first time, there had to be a second. It was just how things worked in the world.

“Yujin,” Yuki turned her head over to face, “There is something else you should know.”

You looked at her curious, “Something else?  Like what?”

She pointed to her bag and asked you to bring it over to her. Slowly, you went over and grabbed the bag, handing it to her. What was she up to?

Suddenly, she pulled out the wrapper of the last candy she ate, “I think this is meant for you.”

A wrapper? You looked at her curiously, unsure what she was trying to tell you. However, you still took the wrapper from her. In it, a large ‘진’ was printed inside the wrapper.

Jin.

It had been part of your name – Yu Jin. At the same time, it was also the Jin from Jin-i.

Now you knew that whoever that was behind this – most likely President Kim – must have known you personally or constantly watched you.

“I think that the other candies at home also have words on their wrappers,” Yuki began to say, “If this one did, I’m sure the others do too.”

Your eyes lit up at the smart remark she had made. It could definitely be true. There must be a hidden message within the candies that were sent to Yuki.

Though you still had no idea why President Kim would want to harm Yuki, you knew that it wasn’t impossible because you didn’t forget that he was an evil man who was capable of doing whatever he wanted.

“Reita,” your eyes were hopeful, “Would you please take me to your house?”

He looked at Yuki who mouthed for him to do what you asked and then nodded. The two of you headed out and you instructed for Jin to take extremely good care of Yuki.

You didn’t doubt he would do a perfect job even if you didn’t ask him to take care of her.

“WAIT,” Jung Kook reached out, “Let me go with you.”

“I’ll go as well,” V came forward, “Something has to be done about this problem. I’ll go in case you all need help.”

You nodded and allowed them to follow. As the four of you headed downstairs, you sat in the passenger seat while Reita drove. V and Jung Kook piled in the back of the seat and the car raced off into the distance.

The quicker you got to Reita’s house, the quicker you would be able to uncover this puzzle-like situation. Thankfully, his house wasn’t too far and you arrived quickly.

“I’ll check Yuki’s bedroom,” you stated and then pointed in separate directions, “V will come upstairs and help me check the 2nd floor. Jung Kook, Reita, check downstairs.”

Jung Kook glanced at V for a second before nodding and heading off with Reita.

You had actually caught his glance and if you weren’t so busy, you might have noticed that jealousy was showing in his eyes.

He didn’t like the idea that you and V would be together alone.

However, you just took V’s hand and left the room.

Again, if you weren’t so busy, you would’ve noticed that small spark in V’s eyes that showed how happy he was that he would get to be alone with you.

Since you were a dense girl when it came to yourself, you had never noticed that the boy had never ever thought of you as just a friend, the way you thought of him.

Never.

Not once.

Nevertheless, the situation was dire which meant that neither of the boys’ reactions was important.

Searching with V, the two of you turned the rooms upside down looking for where Yuki had placed the wrappers.

“It’s not here. It’s not here!” you began to become frustrated, “Where is it?”

V looked at you, “Hey. Yujin…”

He didn’t want you looking so stressed and he wanted you to calm down. However, he wasn’t sure how to do that, so he did the one thing his parents used to do to him.

He took your hands into his and gazed into your eyes, “Hey, look at me. Look at me. Everything is going to be alright, okay?”

Then, he tilted his head up and kissed your forehead.

I promise.