34 The Sweet Aftermath

Kiss or Kill

You were surprised Jung Kook would take you of all people out. He was close with his friends and you had believed that he would hang out with them rather than you this weekend.

Nevertheless, you were wrong since here you were, sitting at the swings of a nearby playground.

He had sat down next to you and you smiled as you saw the little kids playing with each other.

They were extremely adorable as they played together, running after each other and jumping around. They had so much energy as they were hyper and it made you laugh.

“You know,” Jung Kook glanced over at you, “I think that was the first time I’ve heard you truly laugh.”

Your attention was diverted and you turned around to face him, “Really? Well, I guess I really didn’t have too much to laugh about these days.”

He shrugged, “I guess. You know, I always wondered about one thing.”

“What is it?” you curiously asked him, “Can I know?”

“Do you hate me?”

The atmosphere became a bit more serious and you furrowed your eyebrows. It didn’t seem like you had acted like you hated him now.

Maybe the first encounters or so it may have seemed that way, but it was totally different now.

“Of course not,” you replied, “Why do you think that?”

“I don’t know,” he softly mumbled, “It’s just that I feel like you don’t trust me or something – You do keep a lot of secrets.”

You reached over and patted him on the shoulder, “It has nothing to do with hate or love. I just think it’s better for some things to remain a secret.”

He seemed to hesitate a second and almost say something, but he stopped himself.

It made you a bit curious to know what he could possibly be hiding.

“Let’s get something to eat,” he got up, holding out a hand for you to take.

You took it without thinking otherwise and he led you to a nearby ice cream stand. You had ordered a chocolate cone while he ordered one vanilla.

“You don’t like chocolate?” you raised an eyebrow, amused, “I thought everyone loved chocolate!”

He chuckled, “Chocolate isn’t my thing. Vanilla is better.”

Walking side by side, the two of you approached a bench that looked over a beautiful river. You sat down next to him and began to eat your ice cream.

The sun was hot which caused the ice cream to melt pretty quickly. The two of you were busy trying to make sure the ice cream didn’t drip onto your outfits and body.

The stickiness left by ice cream didn’t feel too nice.

Suddenly, the finishing of ice cream seemed to turn into a race. Laughing together, you both finished the ice cream as quickly as possible.

That proved to be one of the worst decisions the two of you ever made.

“BRAIN FREEZE!” you squealed, laughing as you grabbed onto your head.

Jung Kook chuckled as he held his too, “Damn, I forgot about the aftershock!”

You accidentally bumped shoulders with him after talking about how crazy the brain freeze was for a few minutes.

It caused the two of you to finally face each other.

When did you become so close to him anyways?

Physically and emotionally.

“You know, you have something on your face,” he started to say, his eyes lowering to your lips ever-so-slowly.

You softly laughed a bit nervously, “Oh really? Clumsy me. Let me get it. Where is it?”

Your hand reached up to your face, looking for whatever it was that was on your face.

However, Jung Kook’s hand came up and held onto yours, moving it away, leaving you incapable of taking care of your mess.

Oh how you regretted eating that ice cream cone now.

“Let me get it for you.”

Before you could protest, he leaned in and kissed you.