07 Gratitude

Kiss or Kill

“He’s waking up!”

“Get her! Hurry!”

You had been in the kitchen preparing some porridge when J-Hope and V came running in. They were both gesturing to the room next door, asking you to go. You turned off the stove and followed.

In front of you, the Kingkas parted and made way for you to get to him. His eyes fluttered open and he rubbed his forehead, “Where am I?”

“You’re at home maknae,” Nam Joon replied for you, “You passed out.”

Jung Kook glanced over at you and his body stiffened, “Why are you here? You’re not allowed to be here! Who allowed you to – “

“We did,” V informed him, “We all did.”

You saw him struggle to get up and you pushed him back down, “If you keep moving, the gash on your chest will open again and you’ll start bleeding like you did earlier.”

Jung Kook glared at you, “Don’t act like you care about me.”

“Yah, maknae! She’s the one that – “ Suga started to say, but you raised a hand to tell him to be quiet.

“Could you guys all go and prepare that porridge I was making earlier? You just need to add a little bit more salt and it should be alright,” you instructed.

All six of the boys nodded and they left the room, leaving you and Jung Kook. His expression didn’t soften. Rather, it was full of hatred.

“What did you do to my hyungs?” he demanded, “Why are you they all defending you? Did you brainwash them? I swear to God, if you did anything to my hyungs, you will die in my hands.”

You narrowed your eyes at him, “Are you an idiot? Or did the loss of blood also affect your brain?”

Jung Kook wasn’t pleased by your response. He tried to get up and get away from you, but his body was still weak, and all he managed to do was stumble off his bed.

You made your way towards him and lifted him onto his bed once more, “Stop moving. Seriously, if you start bleeding once more, you could potentially be in critical condition.”

“I said stop pretending you care!” Jung Kook retorted angrily, “I know what you’re up to. You’re trying to get on our good side. You’re trying to seduce us and get your revenge on me. I know you hate me. Stop trying to hide it!”

You rubbed your temples, “Look. I admit we didn’t start off too good, but you know your friends need you. Do you know why I am here? It’s because they asked me to be. They wanted me to help save your life.”

“I don’t need any saving,” he replied immediately, full of confidence.

You raised an eyebrow, “Oh really? Then I must’ve been mistaken then because as I recall, you had passed out due to loss of blood because you couldn’t stop the blood flow from the deep gash you have on your chest.”

He shrugged, “So what if it’s true?”

“So what?” You couldn’t believe what you were hearing.

This boy was on the brink of death and he still didn’t know how to show a bit of gratitude.

You were the one who stopped his bleeding and you were the one who suggested the Kingkas to bring him home. Not to mention, you were also the one who cooked hot porridge for him in case he was hungry. Without you, Jung Kook could’ve died at school.

The rest of the Kingkas refused to let the school help them, because the school would only alert the police. If the police were brought into the situation, things would get a lot more complicated and they didn’t want that.

You were literally their only hope.

You were about to lecture Jung Kook when Jin came in with the porridge. You took the porridge and placed it on Jung Kook’s nightstand, “If you want to eat, then eat. If not then, throw it away.”

Jung Kook looked at the food in disgust, “Who knows what you put in  here.”

“Maknae,” Jin gestured for him to eat, “She’s only trying to make you better.”

However, Jung Kook didn’t listen. Rather, he crossed his arms and looked the other way. The boy was hopeless. You shrugged and walked out, Jin following behind you, closing the door.

Outside of the room, the rest of the Kingkas stood there. Every single one of them had all the injuries properly treated by you. It didn’t matter if the cuts and bruises were big or small, everything was going to heal properly.

“Sorry about our maknae,” Nam Joon stated, “He doesn’t accept people as easily. Anyways, as the leader of the Bangtan Boys (BTS), we would like to thank you for all you’ve done.”

You smiled a little, “Yeah, whatever. It was no big deal.”

“If you ever need anything else, just let us know alright?” Jimin stated.

“We owe you one,” V emphasized.

You laughed softly, "Yeah, whatever. Jung Kook should take a break for the rest of the week to heal, alright?"

J-Hope nodded, “Seriously, if you need our help, all you have to do is ask.”

Jin and Suga smiled in agreement.

At least the rest of BTS was able to show gratitude. You were thankful for that. It was nice to know that not everyone in the Kingka group was as bad as Jung Kook.

“There are one or two things you could do for me,” you began to say.

“What is it?” Jin asked, curiously.

There were only two things in your mind – Protecting your friend and making sure the Bangtan Fan Club was not aware of you helping out the boys.

If the Fan Club were coming after you, they may see Yuki as a target and you were not about to let that happen. Not to mention if they knew you broke even more rules by going so near to the Kingkas, things may get out of hand.

“Help me protect Ichinose Yukiko,” you stated, “And please help me keep this incident a secret."


A/N: Thank you all for subscribing! I really appreciate it.