10 Pulling the Trigger

Kiss or Kill

Honestly, you didn’t know what you were going to do with this boy.

Didn’t he know that running so much could rip his wound open once more? If you didn’t know any better, you’d think the boy didn’t value his life at all.

Without thinking, you dashed in the direction Jung Kook had ran off in. You caught a glimpse of him as he turned into a dark alleyway. You followed without hesitation and froze when you saw him standing in front of you, back facing you.

“You thief! Don’t think you can get away from me without any consequences!” he shouted angrily at the man who was running from him earlier.

As the man turned, he scoffed and with the wave of his hand, a group of five men appeared. Each of them held a weapon – knives, guns, bats, and more.

Six men against one boy.

Jung Kook was outnumbered.

You thought about calling his friends, but you didn’t know how that would be possible. Perhaps running away would be a better option?

However, Jung Kook pulled up his sleeves, “Come at me.”

The men ran at him, throwing their fists wildly and using their weapons in messy manners.

Even though the men didn’t seem to know how to fight against Jung Kook, it didn’t make them any less dangerous. He dodged the first punch by ducking and elbowing a man in the stomach and then taking his blade.

Holding the blade out, he let out a small smirk and advanced toward the group of men.

The men charged at him, angrier than before.

Swiftly, Jung Kook used his sword and blocked two attacks and sliced the man in the stomach the third time. Then, he jumped up, kicked a man in the chest, and blocked an attack as he landed.

Your eyes widened.

The boy could fight. He could fight extremely well.

No wonder the Bangtan Fan Club and the rest of the school admired the boys.

One kick and another man went flying, hitting the brick wall and falling into a dumpster.

Then Jung Kook dropped the sword and went all out with his fists. He faked a left and slammed his fist into the skull of his enemy. As the man fell down onto the ground, he turned his killer gaze onto the last man who was stumbling backwards, clearly afraid.

He seemed to have been the leader of the group.

The look on Jung Kook’s face was indeed frightening, you would admit that. It seemed different from his usual look.

He looked like he intended to kill rather than to hurt this time. You weren’t sure if you should step in. However, it didn’t seem like you had the choice anymore.

He had picked up a gun that a man had dropped before and held it to the last conscious thief.

“Give me back what you stole and I’ll consider not blowing your brains out,” he muttered quietly and slowly.

The man quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out something shakily. From where you were standing, you couldn’t make out what it was.

Jung Kook snatched the item back and cocked the gun.

“W-Wait! You said if I gave you it back, you wouldn’t – “ the man began, but he was interrupted.

"I can't lie?" a small grin crept upon Jung Kook's lips, that was very unsettling.

You couldn't stand by and do nothing anymore.

“Jung Kook, lower the gun,” you said as you came out of the shadows.

He glanced over at you and then focused on the man in front of him once more, “What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here.”

“Let him go,” you insisted, “He doesn’t deserve to be shot. If you pull that trigger, you’ll go to jail.”

“What if I said, I didn’t care if I did?”

Your eyes widened a bit in surprise. He’s got to be kidding, right? There’s no way he would want to. You took a step forward, but he immediately demanded you to stop.

As he wished, you froze, “What will your friends think? Come on, think a bit.”

“Didn’t I tell you before to stop pretending that you care?” he countered harshly.

You were about to make a counter remark, but Jung Kook scoffed and then aimed next to the man, firing a single bullet into the brick wall.

The man fell down in shock but without harm and you sighed in relief.

Jung Kook turned and walked by you or rather shoved by you but not before muttering, “I was never going to shoot him, idiot girl.”


A/N: Have to go to work! I'll update a bit later!(: