44 Hostages

Kiss or Kill

A/N: Glad I could make you all hate the Grandfather XD He's supposed to be the bad guy anyways. Hate him all the way~ [Got the candy poison idea from the Taiwanese drama K.O One Return]


CONTINUED FLASHBACK:

Her Grandfather disappeared on one afternoon.

The weather was gloomy and she could feel that something was wrong. He had never left the house this long in all the years Jini had lived with him. If this was anyone else, they would’ve found this to be the chance to escape hell.

However, this was Jini.

She would never leave anyone in need of help alone. She wanted to go out and find her Grandfather even if he was never nice to her.

Once she opened the door, a small note fell onto the ground. It was stuck between the door frame and the door itself. Inside the note, it stated:

Come by the storage facility alone by sunset if you want to ensure your Grandfather’s safety.

Her eyes widened and she took off. Her adrenaline took over and she knew she didn’t have much time left. Scared out of her mind for her own Grandfather’s safety, she ran with all her might.

On the way, she had bumped into Yongguk and the rest of the boys, but she didn’t stop when they called for her. Though they seemed urgent and a bit panicky, she didn’t have the time to stop and talk.

The clock was ticking and it would be sunset soon. She didn’t know where all the strength was coming from, but she made it by the indicated time.

Looking around, she didn’t see any specific people. Who had kidnapped her own relative?

There was a sudden applause coming from behind her, but she couldn’t recognize the person. All she knew was that whoever it was, he must’ve been rich.

The man was dressed nicely and he had hundreds of men with him, waiting for his command. They were all his loyal men. Only someone rich and powerful could afford a scene like this.

“Where is my Grandfather?” Jini gritted her teeth, “Give him back to me!”

Whoever the man was, all he did with grin in the bitterest way possible, “I didn’t expect you to come. I mean, all the things he’s done to you…”

“He didn’t do anything to me!” she denied, “He didn’t. He loves me.”

It was the biggest lie Jini had ever told, but it was also the biggest wish she had ever wanted. The man just chuckled, amused at what she was saying.

“You’re foolish,” he stated, clear and blunt, “He doesn’t love you. You killed his daughter.”

Jini couldn’t argue with that, because even she knew it to be true. If she hadn’t been afraid of thunder as a little kid, nothing would have ever happened.

“Who are you and what do you want?” she sent him a cold glare.

“So that’s the infamous Black Butterfly?” he smirked, “Well, Ms. Black Butterfly, I’m the CEO of Kim Corporations – President Kim if you will. You’ve probably heard of me? I own practically everything.”

She paused to think of the name before she realized who he was, “The dirty, corrupted CEO?”

There had been a rumor going around that President Kim was involved in dirty affairs that no one could prove. He had been doing dirty dealings and fraudulent in many aspects of business.

It was a company she had wanted to take apart and defeat.

“I prefer it to be seen as alternative methods of dealing with things,” he grinned, “Besides, you’ve become too big of a problem of my liking. Do you know what I do with problems?”

Jini slowly shook her head.

“I eliminate them,” his eyes narrowed and his expression turned cold, “Step down as the Black Butterfly or your Grandfather dies. Interfere with my business again and I’ll kill everyone you love – even those six boys you hang around. B.A.P, was it?”

She felt her heart come to a stop as those words came out of his mouth. How much she wanted to call his bluff, but she knew it wasn’t.

He had her Grandfather for goodness sake!

Jini watched as President Kim walked over and opened a storage unit.

Inside, her Grandfather was tied to a chair with tape covering his mouth.

He looked miserable.

Even if he had treated her so horribly in the past, she couldn’t let the one living relative of hers perish like this.

“You’re an evil bastard,” she gritted her teeth, “ you. There's no way I'm going to surrender. I'll kill you and all the other men in this place and I'll save my Grandfather."

"Are you sure about that?" President Kim laughed, "If you try anything, I'll press this button and guess who's going to blow up?"

Jini's eyes widened, "No. Grandfather!"

Then, she paused. Her Grandfather didn't have any explosives on him. Her eyes wandered over back to the hostile President who shook his head. He walked over to the next storage unit and opened that door.

Inside that room, a very familiar face looked back at him.

"...Youngjae?"

It couldn't be. How did they catch him? Didn't she bump into him on the street earlier? Her mind became very jumbled up and then she realized.

She really never saw him earlier that day.

That was why B.A.P was so panicky.

President Kim was a smart man. He placed her in an extremely tough spot. Without a choice, she then, very slowly, stepped forward.

“I’ll surrender,” Jini muttered, “Please, just let them go.”

It was going to be a done deal until a loud and deep voice boomed from behind you.

Don’t you dare back down now. We'll ing kill him together.

TO BE CONTINUED.