15 Growing Friendship

Kiss or Kill

A/N: Haha you guys are funny X) *Was teasing* Anyways~ You'll have to wait a bit for the story behind the necklace. That will come later. Yujin's past will remain a mystery for the time being(:


You were glad you were smart and could think quickly on the spot.

After Jung Kook had asked you to spill whatever it was that you were hiding, you immediately made up a story that he actually believed.

You had told him that it was because the necklace belonged to your dead mother which you had both buried. Seeing the necklace made your heart stop for a bit because the necklace should still be with your mother, not out here.

Jung Kook had definitely bought the story. He pulled out the necklace and stared at it again, “So, you don’t know who this necklace belongs to?”

Shaking your head, you responded, “No, I don’t.”

It was a lie however.

You did know who it belonged to. You just didn’t want him to know, because it was none of his business. It was better for him not to know anyways.

If he had gotten tangled up in the situation, it would become complicated.

However, you were still curious why he said the necklace was important to him.

You were about to ask him, but he began to talk all on his own, “I’m searching for someone.”

Tilting your head to the side, you gave him a puzzled look, “Someone? Who? Boy or girl?”

“I think she’s a girl, but honestly, I’m not sure,” he revealed, “I was younger at the time. Someone had taken my parents as hostages to get ransom, but we were poor. We couldn’t pay them and no one else cared to save my parents. We were that close to being killed until someone came and saved us.”

Your eyes widened, “No way…”

“I’m forever indebted to that person. I know he or she calls himself as the Black Butterfly, which sounds like it’s a title for a girl,” he finished, “and when I found this necklace in some dark back street I was hanging around. I just knew it must’ve belonged to the person who saved my family.”

“So that’s why the necklace is important to you,” you breathed softly.

The story was a touching one, but the one thing that made you relieved was that the necklace was really found in a dark place like you imagined.

That made you feel a lot better.

You were daydreaming when suddenly, Jung Kook jumped from his seat. You snapped back to reality and glanced over at him, “What’s wrong?”

In those few seconds, you heard a couple of scattering footsteps and you began laughing, “Oh. You must mean Sunja and Dubu!”

You clapped your hands a couple of times and two balls of fur came running at you.

They were your two puppies that you had taken in from the animal shelter. Sunja was the quiet one while Dubu was more playful.

“Dogs?” he raised an eyebrow.

“No,” you replied.

He looked a bit alarmed, “No? They are dogs!”

Puppies,” you corrected, “They’re puppies.”

He waved a hand and shrugged, “They’re the same thing.”

Picking up Dubu, you lifted him up towards Jung Kook’s face, “Y-Yah!”

Dubu waved his little paws and scratched his face, not too hard. You giggled softly, “Good Dubu.”

“Lee Yujin!” Jung Kook called out your name, unpleased.

“What?” you tilted your head, smiling innocently, “Are you afraid of puppies Mr. Jung Kook-ssi?”

He scoffed, “As if!”

You shook your head, laughing, “I see. Well, let me introduce you to Dubu and Sunja.”

You pointed at each of the puppy as you called out their name and petted their heads also. Jung Kook watched you as you did so.

“Dubu and Sunja?” he repeated.

Nodding, you added, “But it’s not that you’ll actually remember their names. I mean, the two of them look exactly the same.”

“I already remembered them,” he replied, almost immediately.

You raised an eyebrow, “Oh really?”

He nodded and you immediately told him to cover his eyes and turn away.

Uncertainly and hesitantly, he did as you said. Within those few seconds, you mixed the two puppies up.

“Okay, tell me which is which,” you challenged.

After looking at the puppies for a few seconds, Jung Kook pointed, “That’s Sunja. That’s Dubu.”

Your jaw dropped. He was actually correct. You shook your head in disbelief, “Lucky guess.”

“Then test me again,” he smirked, happy that he was right.

You did the same thing two more times, however, he was right both times. You slightly puffed out your cheeks in defeat – you had to admit, the boy was good.