45 Attempts

Kiss or Kill

A/N: I just want to clear up two things. 1st, sorry for such a long flashback. This is the last part! 2nd, Yuki got poisoned through cafeteria food. because someone put the poison in there. The person who did it will be revealed later.


CONTINUED FLASHBACK:

Yongguk and the remaining members of B.A.P stepped forward. Jini couldn’t believe her eyes. Were her friends really here, standing next to her? On one hand, she was glad they wanted to help. On the other hand, she didn’t want them hurt.

“Yongguk,” she began, “They will blow up Youngjae. Do you understand the severity of this situation? I can’t let them do that.”

“I’ll kill them first,” Daehyun cracked his knuckles as he took a step forward, “They don’t have a chance against us.”

The boys were furious to see that these filthy men had the guts to kidnap their own friend. It hurt to see Youngjae strapped to so many explosives.

Jini raised her hand to gesture to the boys that this was getting ridiculous. There was no reason to fight if all they wanted was to strip her from her newly found identity – The Black Butterfly. It was nothing compared to what could happen.

“I’ll do it,” she stated, “Someone else could always take my place.”

“Jini,” Himchan stated firmly, “We’re not going to let you do that to yourself. I know you love doing what you do now. Letting them prevent you from doing what you love is going to rob you of your own happiness.”

She shrugged but didn’t stop her from deciding against what she had already chosen to do, “Let me do this. Please?”

“Good choice,” President Kim snickered, “You’re a smart girl, even with all that poison in your system. It didn’t damage your brain already?”

“Shut it,” she spat, “Let them go. I’ll do what you want.”

President Kim gave you a false smile, “I’ll need proof first.”

“What proof?” she narrowed her eyes.

The next few seconds happened without any kind of warning. President Kim snapped his fingers and at least fifteen of his men surrounded Jini. Her eyes widened in alarm, but before she could ask what was going on, they began to beat her.

Some of the men had weapons, but others didn’t. They kicked her in the stomach and punched her continuously. Those that had weapons completely rendered her weak and limp. Blood dripped from her skull, her fingertips, and all other possible areas.

Slamming her against a wall, Jini used the last bits of her energy to finally understand what President Kim meant by needing proof. If she fought back, she was still the Black Butterfly. That was what the name suggested.

The Black Butterfly was her alias in combat.

If she really gave up her identity as the Black Butterfly, then she wouldn’t be able to fight. That was his point all along. The B.A.P boys didn’t stand by and do nothing.

They screamed her name and charged over to save her, fighting at their best. No one held back their punches and kicks as they tried to reach the poor girl who was slowly losing consciousness.

Each attack they made was in desperation.

However, they were severely outnumbered. It was hundred of men against five boys. Youngjae was tied up and Jini wasn’t putting up a fight.

After half an hour, all the boys had fallen to the ground, unconscious while Jini’s skull bled and bled.  President Kim slowly walked by and smirked at the completely beaten up girl.

“I’ll take your word for it this time,” he grinned, “Youngjae is over there. I’ll leave him be. However, I’ll do you a favor.”

A favor? She didn’t know what he was planning. However, as her eyes began to roll back into her head, a loud gunshot was heard.

He had killed her Grandfather.

Upon awakening, she found herself at the hospital in a room with all the B.A.P boys. Youngjae was alive and well, sitting in a spare chair, worried.

Broken ribs, broken arms, broken bones had befallen the other boys. Each were heavily bruised and heavily injured. It was miracle they all survived. Even so, she was extremely glad.

When they finally all got discharged from the hospital, Jini couldn't go back to her dead Grandfather's house. She just couldn't bring herself to.

So, she ended up staying with B.A.P.

The first week there was filled with nightmares and she always woke up scared out of her mind. She was afraid of getting beaten so badly once again. She was so afraid of any small noise. In the end, she almost lost it.

Ripping the Black Butterfly necklace from her neck, she gave it to the boys to get rid. She never wanted to see that cursed necklace again.

It only reminded her of the hell-like past.

That night, she ran away from the B.A.P household, never looking back again.

Three years passed which she spent releasing anger through fights she picked on, causing her to become expelled again and again. After much time, she finally decided to come to peace with herself.

That was when she entered the school she was attending now with a brand new identity: Lee Yujin.

That was where she met Yuki and BTS and finally started over.

...Until the past caught up with her again.

End of Flashback.