28 Apologies

Kiss or Kill

The tension between B.A.P and BTS was still there and there was nothing you could do about it. All you could do was send them in opposite directions and get rid of the tension that way.

The two groups seemed to think of each other as rivals, but you weren't sure why.

Neither groups had a real reason to think that way. It's not like they were born enemies or foes. They had just met and were already on such bad relationships. You didn't know why. The thought of it was just plain puzzling.

You had asked both groups to leave you alone and they had reluctantly done so.

However, as you had made your way out the gym afterwards, you saw Jung Kook leaning against the wall outside waiting for you.

"Jeon Jung Kook," you said softly, acknowledging his presence, "What are you still doing here? I thought I told you guys to leave me alone."

He slowly stood up and looked at you, "I wanted to understand something."

Something about his tone and expression made you realize something wasn't right. His voice was quieter and rather than the loud, obnoxious boy you knew him to be, his tone had a hint of disappointment.

"What is it?" you asked slowly, unsure if you wanted to hear the answer.

"Why did you lie?" he asked quietly, "You lied this time about knowing B.A.P."

This time? His words had captured your interest. What did he mean?

"Are you implying this wasn't the first time?" you asked for clarification.

He sighed, "I know you lied about the necklace too. I didn't ask for more details and I didn't say I knew you were lying because I wanted to respect your decision. I know you wanted to keep something secret and I didn't want to intrude anymore."

"...Then why are you asking about B.A.P now?"

In your mind, there should be no reason for him to ask now if he chose to respect your privacy before. There was not a big difference between the two matters.

"It's because just acknowledging someone from your past shouldn't be hard. It's just a little gesture," he explained, "And yet you couldn't do something so small like this."

He made a point.

Well, he kind of did. It was true that normally acknowledging someone from the past should be easy. A simple 'Yes I know him' or a simple 'Yes I know her' wasn't too difficult. However, this situation was different.

They were asking you to admit your other self.

But, the past had erased that part of you. You used to be strong and independent like all the girls out there, but ever since that incident happened, everything changed.

It was the reason you had ended up at the school after being expelled by so many.

You were different and not as self-righteous as you once were.

It was all because of that one incident.

"There's a lot you don't know," you gave Jung Kook a small smile, "And I don't want you to know. It's not a pretty thing to hear and so let's not bring it up again."

"But I don't want to be lied to anymore," he emphasized, "Do you know that it's the one thing I can't tolerate in this world? I hate lies. I hate deception."

You sighed and shook your head a bit, "Jung Kook, I'm sorry. I can't promise you no more lies will come out of my mouth. The fact is that, there probably will be another lie."

"Yujin," he frowned a bit.

You held up a hand, signaling you weren't done, "There might be one or two more lies. Maybe a dozen. However, all these lies are what I feel would be the best for you or anyone else."

"How will lying be beneficial?" he demanded.

His voice was rising.

"It's a safety precaution," you looked up at him with a sorrowful expression, "It's to keep you safe from anything that might happen in the future."

"What could possibly happen to me?" he raised an eyebrow, "I'm strong. I can fight. I won't be defeated. Nothing will happen to me."

Nodding, you replied, "I know you can fight."

But was he able to fight well enough was the real question. B.A.P was able to fight. You were able to fight as well.

However, they were ruthless and despicable. There was no limit to what they would do to get what you want. If you were strong, they were stronger.

If you were smart, they were smarter.

There was no beating them.

They started this hell for you.