09 Yuki's Brother

Kiss or Kill

You had decided to walk Yuki home after school just in case the Fan Club had anymore tricks up their sleeves. When you passed them in the hallways, their gaze had seemed unsettling and you were afraid they were going to start going after the people you actually cared about – which basically meant they were targeting Yuki.

She had insisted that it was only the way home and she would be fine. It wasn’t as if you didn’t trust her, but you felt like it would be much safer if you were with her.

“You want to come in for a bit?” she asked as the two of you arrived at her house.

You shook your head, “No, it’s fine. I don’t want to intrude.”

“You won’t be!” she waved her hands a bit frantically, “Not at all!”

“Are you sure?” you tilted your head to the side, “It feels like it.”

Yuki took your hand with a smile, “It’s really okay. Come on in. I’ll make you something to eat before you go. You haven’t had lunch today, right?”

She was right. You had been so focused on the annoying Fan Club all day, so you weren’t in the mood for lunch. Your stomach lightly grumbled and you smiled sheepishly at her, “Yeah. I haven’t.”

As the two of you made your way to the front door, it burst open and a tall boy came walking out. His was partially bleached and partially black. He wore dark clothing while carrying an instrument on his back.

But that wasn’t what made him stand out to you.

He had a long strip of cloth covering his nose. How odd.

“Yukiko,” he began, “I’ll be late tonight.”

She nodded, “Don’t overwork yourself Akira.”

He glanced at you for a moment before walking away. He looked at you with a curious expression before leaving. His gaze didn’t seem too friendly, but you didn’t mind.

No one’s attitude could be more troubling than Jung Kook’s.

“Was that your brother?” you asked as you walked into her house, “You called him Akira, right?”

She nodded, “His name is Suzuki Akira.”

You paused. If they were brother and sister, why do they have different last names? You were confused. Yuki seemed to notice your puzzled expression as she began making you a sandwich.

“I bet you’re wondering why our names are different right?” Yuki began, “It’s because people can’t know I’m related to him.”

Your eyebrows furrowed, “Why not?”

It didn’t make any sense to you. What kind of brother and sister couldn’t allow other people to know of their relationship? Were there people after them? You began to worry.

“Akira is a famous singer. He’s only here in Korea so he can take some bass lessons with a famous teacher who lives around here. That’s why I transferred here for the time being,” she explained, “Akira is Reita of the GazettE.”

The GazettE? The name seemed familiar to you. Perhaps you had came across it earlier, but never paid too much attention to it. That was just your personality – you hardly became interested in anything.

After Yuki finished making the sandwich, she handed it off to you which you ate happily.

“I would’ve never guessed,” you softly laughed.

She grinned, “Yeah, it’s kind of surprising right? He’s also the reason why I dress a bit differently from other girls. His style is… different, you know?”

Her tone dropped noticeably and you realized that you may have stumbled across a sensitive topic.

Different, though could be good, was also the main ingredient if you wanted to be involved in bullying. People teased you before in school when you dressed different or acted different.

You knew that feeling all too well.

So, you tried to change the topic of the conversation quickly.

“So that was the brother you were talking about that couldn’t do anything?” you smiled teasingly.

She nodded and happiness began to shine in her voice, signaling you had done the right thing, “Yeah! Well, I guess I have a confession to make. He can do everything, but he just chooses not to, because he’s so busy with his music.”

“Well that’s basically like he’s unable to do everything,” you replied, “Being able to do something, but choosing not to do is like not being able to do it at all.”

Yuki laughed and handed you a cup of tea, “That’s what I was saying. Akira and I have had this discussion so many times. He always insists it’s different.”

“How is it different?” you grinned, “It’s not at all.”

Drinking the cup of tea that Yuki had so nicely prepared for you, you rubbed your stomach, satisfied. She took the dishes and placed them in the sink as you stood up and prepared to leave.

“Hey, thanks for everything, but I think I should go now,” you said, picking up your backpack that you had carried to her house when you walked her home earlier.

“You sure you don’t want to stay any longer?” she tilted her head, “You’re always welcomed here.”

You shook your head, “No, I need to go somewhere.”

“It’s not about the Fan Club again, is it?” she stepped forward, “You know, I don’t think the Fan Club is that bad. It used to be a good club before – or at least that’s what I heard.”

You scoffed. The Bangtan Fan Club being good? There was just no way. They were the ones who had begun to make your life a living hell at school in the short days you were here. The thought that the Fan Club was good before was just ridiculous.

“It’s not that,” you stated, dropping the subject of the Fan Club, “I have to go grab some food, so I have something to eat for dinner and breakfast tomorrow.”

“Oh, I see,” she smiled, “Well I’ll see you tomorrow then?”

You nodded and left her house. On the way to the supermarket, a man ran by you, shoving you to the ground. You sent him a glare, but he didn’t notice – he was too busy running.

Before you could call after him to see what it was about, another person ran by you, clutching is chest.

…Jeon Jung Kook?