72 Reunion

Kiss or Kill

At long last, the dreaded day had arrived – you were off to meet with BTS to talk about future collaborations – even if you didn’t want any part of it.

You weren’t exactly completely upset that you were meeting BTS though. You only didn’t want to face Jeon Jung Kook again. It would be like spreading salt over a wound – full of major pain.

You did, however, want to see V again and Jin. You wanted to see Nam Joon and the rest of BTS: Suga, Jimin, and J-Hope. They were your friends back then and you still considered them to be your friends now.

“Can’t you all come with me?” you asked Yongguk who was sending you off with the rest of B.A.P.

He shook his head, “It’s not right for us to hear their song before it’s out.”

Zelo smiled, “You’ll be fine, don’t worry.”

“You just need to stay strong like you always have and you’ll be fine,” Jongup encouraged.

Himchan nodded, “You’re the Black Butterfly. You can accomplish anything you want. Besides, it’s just a song. Finish it quickly and come back to us – everything will be alright.”

You looked over at Youngjae and Daehyun who both gave you a reassuring nod and helped you into your car. The driver glanced back at you and asked if you were ready to leave and you reluctantly said yes.

As you drove off, you really couldn’t believe that you were going to meet with those boys again. You couldn’t decide if this was a dream come true or a nightmare come true.

Trying not focus on the bad things again, you had attempted to focus on a text you had gotten earlier that day – Yuki had said that The GazettE was going to promote in Korea for awhile, so she would be able to stop by and say hi.

She was ecstatic, because she wanted to see Jin again. You smiled to yourself as you recalled the situation before you realized that that could’ve been you right now.

You ruffled your hair with your fingers, “Ugh, I should’ve never gotten that blood transfusion! Then nothing like this would have happened. There’d be no awkward situations like this!”

The driver glanced back at you with a weird expression and you realized you had spoken allowed that you wanted to not receive treatment. Covering your mouth, you gave him a sheepish smile.

You shook your head, refocusing at the matter at hand. There was no reason for you to risk your body health to make him happy. There really wasn’t.

“Jung Kook,” you mumbled to yourself, “How am I supposed to face you? How am I supposed to act? I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be like when I meet you again…”

Should you act like nothing had ever happened or should you continue to have that cold façade you always put up? Should you pretend that you were completely better off when it was a major lie? Or would that just anger him more?

You didn’t want that.

After minutes of confusion and wondering, you finally realized that you had arrived at the front steps of Big Hit Entertainment. The place was quite large and you took a deep breath.

Slowly, you made your way out of the car and toward the building – This was it. You were finally here and you had to face the boy that you hated and loved.

You hated him for making your life so hard and miserable for the past year.

You loved him for allowing you to understand what love is and bring out your music-writing talents.

The two – hate and love – was at a weird balance within your mind and heart. The two almost cancelled each other out, so you didn’t feel anything that was too extreme that’d force you to do something crazy to yourself or him.

As you walked into the building, a group of familiar faces had greeted you. You gave them a small smile and a small wave.
“YUJIN!” they shouted, excited to finally have seen you again.

The attacked you in a group hug as your eyes scanned over all the members of BTS – all your old friends. You saw everyone except for Jung Kook.

V had caught your confused look as you realized Jung Kook wasn’t here. He also realized you were a bit relieved.

He guessed that even you felt awkward with the BTS maknae which somewhat amused him.

“It’s nice to have you back,” Nam Joon stated, chuckling, “We’ve been waiting for you.”

Suga grinned, “So you’re going to write our next song?”

You nodded, “Yeah, apparently so. I didn’t know I was going to until a few days ago when Daehyun finally told me.”

“Daehyun?” J-Hope paused for a second, “Oh you mean those B.A.P boys! How are they, by the way?”

Jin quickly added one more name, “And Yuki! Is she alright?”

“They’ve been fine! Yuki said she’ll be visiting soon,” you reassured before you looked around, “Are you guys missing…”

V stepped forward, “He’s upstairs in the third room on the right.”

So he was here. You didn’t know what your next move should be, but before you could even make the decision yourself, V took you to the elevator and pushed you inwards while he remained outside.

“You two really need to talk things out,” he declared, “If you two don’t, we won’t cooperate with the music and it’ll hurt your image along with B.A.P’s. You don’t want that, do you?”

Reaching out, you wanted to smack V for the sudden push, but it was too late. The elevator doors had closed and you were slowly advancing towards Jung Kook.

Your heart raced more out of nervousness and a bit of panic.

What were you supposed to say when you met him?

You had no idea.

None at all.