16 Repayment

Kiss or Kill

After somewhat clearing up the situation about the necklace and meeting Sunja and Dubu, a thunderstorm hit the neighborhood, making it impossible for Jung Kook to walk home.

The storm had suddenly sprung up and the sky darkened almost instantaneously.

“Are you hungry?” you glanced back at the poor BTS maknae, lying on the couch.

He looked at you with a weird expression, “What?”

“You know, are you hungry? Since you can’t go home in this weather and you didn’t have dinner?” you elaborated with an is-it-not-obvious-enough voice.

Jung Kook looked at you then out the window, “…I’m not hungry.”

However, at that moment, his stomach growled. You tried to hold back a smile but failed. You headed over to the kitchen and started to prepare kimchi for dinner which was easy for you to make.

Out of the corner of your eye, you watched as Jung Kook kept stealing glances at the food. Grinning knowingly, you knew the poor boy had to be starving.

Just to , you only prepared your share of the food on the table and left the rest in the pot. You began to eat in front of him as he you saw him battle with himself, wondering if he should give in and ask for food.

Again, the boy was hopeless. If he was hungry, all he had to do was talk.

Easy enough, right?

After a long time of stealing glances at your kimchi, Jung Kook finally got up and sat down across from you and stared at you. You smiled at him, “Yes?”

You were going to get those darn words out of his mouth: ‘I am hungry’.

He looked at your food and then back at you, then back down at your food and you again. He kept repeating this for awhile, amusing you.

Finally, you placed your chopsticks down and crossed your arms, “I don’t understand. You’ll have to talk to me.”

Jung Kook lightly huffed then mumbled almost inaudibly, “I’m hungry, can I have something to eat?”

It was way too quiet.

You looked at him, “What?”

He repeated what he said earlier a little bit louder, but you still found it too quiet. You just kept staring at him until he finally said it loud enough.

Annoyance was evident in his tone.

You smiled satisfactorily, “I know.”

Then, as you got up to get his share of dinner, you noticed him roll his eyes. You never noticed how fun it was to . Setting dinner in front of him, he began to dig in quickly.

“Oh? You’re not afraid I put something in it?” you recalled the last time you made him porridge and how disgusted he had responded to it.

Jung Kook froze and mumbled, “Shut up.”

You laughed to yourself. He really was an idiot.

“…More?” he said quietly, under his breath. He held out his bowl to you, looking to the side, averting his gaze.

Taking his bowl slowly, you couldn’t help but smile.

So he could be cute at times and not a stupid jerk.

He finished the second bowl of rice quickly as you finished your first. Then, you took both dishes to be washed and you placed the leftovers in the fridge.

As you did so, you suddenly heard a loud thundering noise from outside.

It made you jump.

Jung Kook peered into the kitchen at you, wondering if you were alright since he had heard a soft thud while you pretended everything was fine. You quickly got a cup of water to drink, hoping it would at least calm you down enough.

The thunder roared again and you saw much lightening.

Then, the lights flickered off followed by one more loud thundering noise – louder than the ones before. This time, it not only made you jump, but also made you drop your glass of water.

“YUJIN?” Jung Kook called out to you.

You didn’t hear him since your hands had flown to your ears, quicker than the speed of light. Jung Kook began feeling his way into the kitchen to locate you after hearing the loud shattering of glass.

Suddenly, he slipped on something and fell. His hand touched a few glass shards and he knew you must be near. His hands reached out in the darkness and finally found you.

Unable to see you, he was still able to tell you had your ears covered.

“This girl,” he sighed, “And you called me stupid. If you were afraid of thunder, you could’ve just said so too.”

It thundered again and you let out a soft cry, squeezing your eyes shut. You tried to get up, but you had lost most of your energy. It was then did you notice something wet on your leg.

Water?

Jung Kook tried to help you up, but your legs gave out. You assumed it was because of fear, because that’s what tended to happen when people were afraid.

In an instant, he had picked you up, bridal-style.

Your eyes widened, “What are you doing?!”

His reply was short and to the point.

“Repaying you for dinner.”