17 Weak

Kiss or Kill

Jung Kook ended up slowly making his way to the bedroom with your careful instructions.

You were surprised the two of you made it since he didn’t know where it was and even with directions – everything was pitch black and difficult to find.

At first, when you found the bedroom, you weren’t even sure if it was the right room. You had to feel for a shelf by the front door for confirmation.

As soon as he made the way to the bed, he set you down gently. It thundered again and rather than letting go of him, your grip tightened.

When you realized what had happened, you immediately let go, “I’m sorry.”

You moved away from him awkwardly and tried to feel for a flashlight. You usually kept one in your room by your bed in case something like this happened.

“What are you looking for?” he asked.

You rummaged through your things some more, “A flashlight. I know I have one here somewhere. I just have to – “

You grinned as your hand touched the switch of the flashlight. Bingo.

Immediately, you switched it on and the two of you covered your eyes instinctively. Were flashlights always this bright and blinding?

You shone the flashlight around and then at Jung Kook, “Hey, don’t shine that at me!”

Sticking out your tongue at him, he turned the flashlight away. Suddenly, you saw something that made you drop the flashlight onto the ground.

“Yah, are you really that clumsy?” Jung Kook muttered and reached over to grab the fallen flashlight.

Reality suddenly hit you. You grabbed a blanket and pulled it over you. He saw you do that and sensed something was up.

You closed your eyes and inhaled and exhaled slowly a couple of times.

“Are you in pain?” he shone the flashlight towards you when you didn’t say anything. His eyes glanced at the blanket and his hand reached over to pull it away.

You didn’t stop him.

As the blanket was removed, his eyes almost became as wide as the full moon. There were two large pieces of glass shards imbedded in your right leg.

The glass shards had probably come from the shattering of the glass. The wet liquid on your leg you felt earlier you had calmly believed was water.

Psychology was a strange thing.

Since your mind was so focused on your fear of the thunder from thunderstorms, your brain was able to completely take your mind off from the pain.

However, you were no longer as afraid as you were before – reasons you couldn’t figure out why – and the pain had started to resurface.

Jung Kook reached over and then took your hand, holding it tightly, “This might hurt a bit.”

“What do you plan on – “

Before you could finish your sentence, he had reached over and pulled out a piece of the glass shard. You winced and then began to breathe deeply and rapidly. The pain was excruciating.

As he pulled out the other glass shard, you clenched your teeth so hard, you thought they might crack. Afterwards, Jung Kook took off his jacket and wrapped your leg with it to stop the bleeding.

You felt weak and useless.

It hadn’t even been a day and you’ve fainted with V and now bled with Jung Kook.

“I bet you look down on me even more,” you mumbled softly, between breaths.

He glanced at you, “Why do you say that?”

You tried to shrug, but you weren’t sure if you succeeded or not, “Look at me now. Don’t I look frail? I hate looking weak like this.”

Another second of thunder rung through the house. Your body stiffened, but when it did, pain resonated through your body, causing you to involuntarily whimper.

You hated yourself for being in this state.

You hated yourself for looking like this in front of Jung Kook.

You hated yourself for not being stronger.

Jung Kook slowly took a seat next to you on the bed and leaned slightly against the bed frame. Then, he moved your upper body over into his arms.

“What are you doing?” you tried to move away.

He held onto you a bit tighter, “Stop moving.”

“But –“

“This is repayment, remember?”