13 Nursed

Kiss or Kill

You heard someone walking towards you. The footsteps were getting louder.

The next thing you knew, you felt something cold on your forehead.

Your eyes fluttered open, looking to see what was happening. A boy was sitting by your side, but you couldn't make out who.

Your head hurt and your eyes couldn't focus, no matter how hard you tried.

You attempted to sit up and see who it was.

However, as you tried to get up, you realized you didn't know where you were. The walls were white and the first impression you got was hospital.

However, you paused. That was impossible. This room looked too much like a house.

No hospital would have this kind of decoration.

"You're awake," a voice called out to you, "Are you alright?"

That voice seemed familiar and you could tell it belonged to a guy. That meant whoever it was, it wasn't Yuki.

Or could it have been Akira?

You shook your head. No. This didn't look like Yuki's house. Besides you couldn't remember his voice anyways and you knew this voice.

It was someone you had heard before. However, it hurt to make yourself think and recall who the owner of the voice was.

"Where am I?" you asked, placing a hand on your forehead, "What happened?"

"My house." The boy helped sit you up and handed you a warm cup of water, "Drink. It may help you feel better. I found you passed out in front of your friend's locker. You had coughed up a bit of blood."

Taking a sip of water, you remembered the group of girls who had been dumping trash in Yuki's locker. It was unforgivable.

"Is she okay?" you asked. You couldn't recall if Yuki had been in the incident or if you had stopped the bullying actions.

He took the empty cup from you and nodded, "She's fine. What were you doing there anyways? What happened to you?"

You clenched your fist, "Nothing."

Your eyesight started to clear up and you could now get a good look at the person who had taken care of you.

The blonde hair color that faded to black was unmistakable.

"V?" your eyes widened. It was clear you were incredibly surprised. You would never have guessed.

"Don't take this the wrong way," he stated quickly, "I'm only repaying the debt from when you helped Jung Kook."

"...Jung Kook," you slowly repeated.

V nodded, "I heard he was looking for you. It seemed urgent."

Your eyes widened as you scrambled to get up, "I-Is he here?"

You had to get away. You didn't want to see him nor hear from him. Not yet.

"He's not here," he reassured you, "Don't worry. Besides, even if he was here, I wouldn't let you go. You're not well enough to move yet."

You loosened up a bit and glanced up at V, somewhat doubting his words. Was he telling the truth or was he lying so you wouldn't leave?

No, it was probably the truth.

If Jung Kook was here, he would have already revealed himself. That was just the kind of person he was.

"Why are you so reluctant to face him?" V tilted his head, furrowing his eyebrows, confused, "You were fine before."

"Can I ask you something?" you glanced up at him as he nodded slowly, "Where did Jung Kook get that silver cross necklace?"

V paused for a moment and the looked at you, "...What do you know about it?"

You didn't say anything, but continued to look into the distance. 

The thought of the existence of that necklace was so near you was just so unbelievable.

"Yujin?" V asked, "Are you alright?"

Nodding you gave him a small smile, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" V replied a bit uncertain.

You looked at him, "Yes, of course. Why do you ask?"

There was a long pause before V reached over and lifted your hand.You glanced at him with a curious expression.

"What is it?"

He looked at you seriously, "Yujin, do you realize that you're shaking?"