18 Déjà Vu

Kiss or Kill

Sunlight shone into the bedroom, against your eyelids, making you uncomfortable and causing you to wake up. As you slowly got up, you felt something fall off your back.

Your eyes glanced over to the side – an arm?

Your eyes widened as it slowly adjusted to the morning sun. Next to you was Jeon Jung Kook. You covered your mouth to stop yourself from screaming.

What happened here?

You closed your eyes, trying to recall what had happened last night.

After a few moments, you remembered the thunderstorm and the glass shards. You glanced at your leg after pulling the covers off.

It seemed like it had stopped bleeding, but you still needed to properly treat it.

Very slowly and quietly, you slipped off the bed and limped your way out the room.

It goes without saying that it still hurt quite a bit to move, but you were able to handle this amount of pain. You made your way to the closet across from your bathroom and grabbed the medical kit.

“Great!” you smiled to yourself.

Now you could treat your wound and it would heal in no time. Closing the door, you were going to head back to the living room until you saw a familiar face staring at you.

“J-Jung Kook?” you managed to say, “Weren’t you sleeping?”

He crossed his arms, “What are you doing?”

“Getting medicine?” you gestured to your medical kit in your hands.

He snatched it away from you and cleared his throat, “Don’t you remember who was the one who said that since I was hurt, I shouldn’t move around in case my wound reopens?”

Damn it.

Why was he using your words against you? It’s not like he cared about you!

Then, you froze.

This was like déjà vu all over again except with the roles reversed.

“Sorry?” you replied a bit uncertainly.

He sighed and helped you to the sofa and made you sit down, “You’re taking the day off today. I’m not letting all my effort go to waste.”

“Effort?” you were confused.

“In treating your wound,” he clarified.

You blinked, “You aren’t –“

He had opened the medical kit and began to unravel your jacket-wrapped wound. He sighed as he saw his blood-stained jacket and muttered about how it was a shame that he would have to throw it away.

It made you feel a bit guilty, but it wasn’t as if you had told him to use it.

He began to clean your wound with some chemical and it stung really badly.

You gripped onto the sofa cushion and winced, “Careful! Gently!”

“I’m trying!” he replied defensively, “You know I’m not good at this stuff.”

It was true.

You recalled the time the boys had came into the nurse’s office and had completely failed at treating their own wounds. Nevertheless, Jung Kook seemed to know what he was doing now.

He had probably looked it up after he watched his friends get treated by a stranger – you.

Taking the bandage, he began to wrap the wound up firmly, so the bandage wouldn’t fall off and the wound would less likely be reopened by walking.

“Thanks,” your voice was soft.

You really didn’t expect Jung Kook to have a side like this. It was incredibly surprising and you weren’t sure how to react.

The only impressions you had of him before were of the angry, rash, and rude Jung Kook.

He shrugged and told you it was nothing but a sense of repayment for treating him and all of his school Kingka friends from earlier.

You couldn't help but hide a smile. Did he mean that the repayment was for dinner?

His mistake meant that he was lying and somewhere deep down, he was doing this because he actually cared about your health.

But, if you were wrong and if it really was what he said then this repayment was incredibly long which made it a bit unusual.

Carefully, you watched him as he cleaned up the medical kit went back to put it where he saw you find it.

“Remember, you are not to come to school today,” he instructed as you nodded absent-mindedly.

Satisfied, he picked up his things and left for school.

A small smile appeared on your face and you began to stand up.

As if you were going to listen to his words. Happy times – if you could call it that – were over. The Fan Club was still one of your worries and so you were going to be at school no matter what.

You didn’t forget the safety of the one important person to you.

The one person that kept you going.

Yuki.