65 White Lies

Kiss or Kill

It turns out that Jihyun wasn’t only a part of the police force.

She was involved in a special team called the SRU – The Strategic Response Unit – A unit that specializes in situations like the one you had been involved in.

She had been there when Hyuna bragged about having to have you killed and she knew that she had to act fast, so she left the posse to run back to her police team.

However, she didn’t know where to go or what was going on. That was when she remembered Hyuna talking about poisonous candies that were given to Yuki.

She sent her men to all the hospitals, looking for the patient Ichinose Yukiko.

It took her awhile to find your friend, but she finally did in the end. Together, Reita and Yuki told Jihyun about everything they knew. They told her where you were and the message you had received.

They also told her about what you planned to do and what the boys wanted to do.

It was then that Jihyun realized that you were in danger and ran off to find the house you were born in. By calling their technical analyst and with the help of Reita, they were able to immediately find out where you had grown up and arrive on scene.

Even when you and most of BTS and B.A.P insisted you weren’t hurt in a way that required a hospital check-up, they didn’t believe you. Instead, they took you all to different rooms and made sure you were all alright.

“This is ridiculous,” you mumbled yourself, “Obviously I’m fine.”

However, the doctor didn’t think the same way, “I don’t think so. I think I might need to give you a blood transfusion and finally rid your body of all that poison that has accumulated in your body.”

You sighed. It wouldn’t matter what you said now.

The doctor seemed like he was a stubborn man and if he thought he could help you with a blood transfusion, then that was what you were going to end up getting.

He made you sign a bunch of forms giving you no chance to check on your friends. It somewhat annoyed you and made you impatient to get the whole situation over with. The doctor set you in a patient bed and then began to start the treatment.

While you were reluctantly getting some new blood, V had finished up his check-up and made his way to Jung Kook’s room.

Sitting by his bed, he realized how much the boy had given up for you.

“You must really love her a lot,” he mumbled to himself as he saw the unconscious Jung Kook.

The maknae stirred and his eyes fluttered open, “V…?”

Without saying anything, V helped Jung Kook sit up.

There was a bit of disappointment in his eyes and V immediately knew that Jung Kook must’ve wanted to see you when he woke up.

“Where’s Yujin?” Jung Kook asked, “Is she okay?”

V wasn’t sure how to reply that. He had heard about you getting some form of treatment, but he wasn’t too clear on it.

“Worry about yourself first,” he decided to reply, “You were hurt pretty badly.”

He gestured to Jung Kook’s chest where the blood had shed before. Jung Kook took V’s vague answer as an alternative response for you were hurt badly.

Immediately, he struggle to get off the bed, trying to pull the tubes that came from the IV drips that hung next to his bed out of his arm.

“What are you doing?” V looked at him in alarm and grabbed his arms, making sure he couldn’t do anything stupid.

Jung Kook looked up at V in horror, “Where’s Yujin? I need to find her! Is she okay? I need to know –“

“She’s fine!” V blurted, “She’s just getting a… normal check-up like the others.”

It wasn’t really the truth, but he had to say something to calm Jung Kook. Though the maknae seemed suspicious at first, V managed to make him believe.

“Are you sure?” Jung Kook asked while V nodded.

Seeing Jung Kook this worried, he knew that the boy didn’t lose to him in terms of affection for you. He also couldn’t deny that you had felt something for Jung Kook too.

He saw the way you looked at Jung Kook when he got hurt.

Even if you didn’t know, he knew.

He knew you had fallen in love with him.

“V,” Jung Kook began, “Why aren’t you by Yujin’s side? You like her, don’t you?”

Jung Kook knew that V felt at least something for you too. If not, he wouldn’t have showed signs of jealousy at Reita and Yuki’s house.

When you had thanked him for his confession and said it wasn’t necessary, he had believed that was your way of rejection. He had gotten the idea that if you didn't like him, then you liked V.

On the other hand, V didn’t understand why Jung Kook would suddenly bring up something like that, but he felt like there had to be some misunderstanding and he was the obstacle that was keeping the two from being together.

These two idiots – Yujin and Jung Kook – Didn’t they realize that they have mutual feelings?

V sighed, though it broke his hard to do what he did next, he decided to give Jung Kook one last chance. If Jung Kook had believed that he and Yujin had something going on, this was the time he was going to change his beliefs.

“What are you talking about?” V began his second white lie of the day, “I only see Yujin as a sister.”