79 Preparations

Kiss or Kill

A/N: Should I update the last chapter today? Hmm~ XD


Yuki had been extremely busy with the party preparations. She had the location to be at her house which was quite big and extravagant. She wanted the event to be exactly like how she had imagined it – perfect.

Grabbing a ladder, she placed it against the wall as she climbed up, trying to hang some lights and banners. Tip-toeing, she reached upwards a bit too far. The ladder began to wobble and her eyes widened.

“Careful!” a voice blurted and the ladder became still.

She smiled, without turning around, “Thanks Akira.”

She had assumed the other person was her brother, because she was at her own house. The voice had been a male’s and the only male with access to her house was Reita.

However, the voice revealed a confused tone, “Who are you calling Akira?”

It wasn’t Akira? Then who was it? Her head swiveled back, so she could see who the intruder was. Unfortunately, as she did so, she lost balance and fell backwards, slipping from the ladder.

A loud thud was heard, but she realized she didn’t feel any pain. Rather, a groan was heard from beneath her.

“J-JIN?” her eyes widened at the one she had fallen on top of.

Placing her hands on either side of his head, she pushed herself up enough to meet his eyes. Jin slowly opened his eyes and a long gaze proceeded.

With a forced smile, he greeted, “Hey, you’re not hurt are you?”

“Well, no,” Yuki stammered, “but aren’t you? What are you even doing in my house? How did you get in here? Did you break in –“

“I didn’t break in,” he reassured, a soft laugh escaping his lips, “Reita let me in. When I was about to knock, he had opened the door and let me in – I think he said he had to go find his friends?”

Yuki rubbed the back of her neck with a sheepish smile, “Oh yeah. I forgot I asked him to play a couple of songs for us today.”

To make the party more amazing, Yuki wanted a live band playing, but she didn’t want to ask B.A.P or BTS since this was supposed to be a party for them – not one that they had to work at. That’s why she had asked her brother.

He was more than willing since he wanted to show off – to you – his improved bass playing and more. However, he couldn’t play his songs without the rest of the band. He needed Ruki’s vocals, Uruha’s guitar, Aoi’s guitar, and Kai’s drums.

Without them, their music would be lacking. It would only be complete with everyone present.

“You’ve gotten more positive,” Jin noted, happiness evident in his voice, “I like it.”

Yuki looked away, so she didn’t have to face him, “Did I? Ah, I didn’t even notice.”

She somewhat laughed to herself, but it sounded a bit awkward due to her nervousness. It had definitely been awhile since she was so close to Jin. Then, her eyes widened as big as the moon and she realized the position they were in.

It looked like she had pinned him down on the ground. Blushing violently, she scrambled up and moved away, putting some distance between them.

“Is something wrong?” Jin asked as he slowly sat up, glancing over at the embarrassed her.

He didn’t really seem like he minded or even noticed while she had completely overreacted.

“N-No, it’s nothing!” her body stiffened as she stood up, returning to the preparations for the party.

She immediately made her way over to the balloons as she began to inflate them. She concentrated on inflating all the balloons that after the tenth one, she had become extremely light-headed.

While she touched her head and tried to focus on something – anything – Jin noticed her odd behavior, “Are you sure you’re alright? You look like you’re a bit… out of it.”

“Nope! I’m totally fine,” she tried to reassure him and then slowly made her way to the kitchen.

She thought that if she took a break from the balloons, she would be able to return to her cool and collected self. Taking a knife, she began to prepare the dishes that would be served during the event later.

“Ow!” she winced.

Jin heard her and realized that she must’ve hurt herself in the kitchen. He made his way there immediately and he noticed her finger was bleeding – she had cut herself on accident.

Now he knew that something was up with her. She was way too unfocused.

The boy was smart and after a few minutes of recalling what had happened, he knew there was only one possibility – Yuki was just nervous because of him. He had noticed her red as a tomato face earlier and he smiled to himself.

It’d be fun to .

“Don’t you think you’re a bit unfocused today?” Jin began, taking her hand into his, “Does it hurt?”

Yuki shook her head, “You’re imagining it! I’m just being normal. It doesn’t hurt… that much?”

She wanted to yank her hand back, but before she could, he had taken her hand and placed her finger against his lips, lightly tracing the wound with his tongue, the blood off.

That made Yuki become a deep shade of red, “J-Jin…?”

“You know, I could help you become focused again,” he grinned – or was there a smirk?

Yuki furrowed her eyebrows, “What?”

“Focused on me of course,” he added, “Just me.”

Before she could ask what he meant by that, Jin and pulled her arm towards him and their bodies collided but not without a kiss.

As their lips parted, Jin brushed his lips against hers and slowly met eyes with hers, “Won’t you be mine?”