14 Lying

Kiss or Kill

A/N: I think I should update slower~ I mean, 14 (It's really more XD some are hidden right now) chapters already? I just started this story like 2 days ago! ^^;;


You glanced at your hands. V was right – your hands were indeed shaking. Shaking your head, it seemed like you didn’t want to believe your hands were still shaking.

“Yujin,” V began.

As he said your name, it made your heart thud against your chest. You started to get up. You needed to find out why the necklace was here.

It shouldn’t be here.

It shouldn’t even be in existence.

That was just impossible.

You could’ve sworn you had given the necklace to them to be destroyed.

“I-I need to go,” you managed to say, “I have to go find – “

You paused. You didn’t know where to find them. You didn’t know where they were. You had cut off all ties already. Falling to your knees, you gripped the ends of your shorts.

Something must have gone wrong if the necklace was still here.

V reached out for you, but you quickly moved away, “Don’t touch me.”

“You know, whatever it is, I can help,” he said quietly, “As long as you tell me.”

Finding your strength again, you stood up and gave him a small smile, “No. I’m fine. I… I have to go.”

“No you don’t.”

“I have something to do,” you began, “It’s urgent.”

He didn’t seem to believe you, but you didn’t care. You pushed him aside and walked out of his house. He came after you, but as soon as you were in the clear, you ran off. He didn’t have the chance to react and find you, because you immediately turned the corner and hid, forcing him to lose track of you.

You closed your eyes and took deep breaths.

There was nothing to worry. They are fine. Nothing has gone wrong. You didn’t need to worry. You kept repeating it to yourself, finally convincing yourself.

They were strong and smart, so nothing could’ve happened. They must have just thrown the necklace into an alleyway where Jung Kook had happened to find it.

You smiled.

That was a reasonable deduction.

It was then that you began to head home, finally relaxing. Tomorrow, you knew you didn’t have to avoid Jung Kook anymore. You would just tell him you mistook the necklace for something else.

It would be the perfect cover-up story.

As you came around the corner to your house, someone was standing there. You couldn’t make out their face, so you began to approach cautiously.

“Lee Yujin,” a voice called out to you, “I’ve been waiting for you.”

You raised an eyebrow, “Jeon Jung Kook.”

Heading over to him, you gave him a strange look, “What are you doing here?”

The question was a dumb one since it was clear why he was here.

“I want to know about the necklace,” he emphasized, “Now.”

Walking by him, you headed over and opened the door, walking in. The boy gawked at you.

“You’re seriously going to leave me standing out here and ignore me like you did the past few days?” he called out after you in disbelief.

You looked at him like he was crazy, “Are you seriously going to stand out there and believe that when I was about to invite you in?”

He looked at you and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, “Oh. Well, considering how you’ve been treating me the past few days, I think I thought reasonably.”

“How I’ve been treating you?” you repeated, confused.

“You avoided me like I was the flu,” he stated bluntly, obviously unhappy, but then again, he has never been happy with you – even when you were saving his life.

“Sorry about that.”

You gestured him into your house and he came in hesitantly. You set your things down and turned to him, “Coffee? Tea? Water?”

“Water is fine,” he stated, “I just want to ask you about –“

“The necklace right?” you finished his sentence for him and handed him a glass of water, “It was nothing.”

He looked at you in disbelief, “Like it was nothing? What are you talking about? It made you tremble. Nothing doesn’t make you tremble.”

“I mistook it for my old necklace,” you stated quickly, “But I was wrong. It’s not mine.”

He crossed his arms, “I don’t believe you.”

“I can’t make you believe me.”

Jung Kook watched you carefully for awhile before speaking, “Then tell me why a necklace has the power to make you tremble in fear.”

You narrowed your eyes at him, “I wasn’t in fear!”

However, your reply was too fast and too quick, and perhaps too loudly emphasized that Jung Kook could easily tell something was up.

It sounded like a denial, even to you.

“Liar.”

You didn’t say anything for a long time as you were watched by Jung Kook. However, when you finally mustered up the strength and confidence you demanded him to leave.

Of course, he didn’t listen.

Spill it.”