22 Dreamy Realities

Kiss or Kill

“Why are you helping me?” Yuki asked softly as Jin carried her to the nurse’s office.

The nurse wasn’t there, but Jin had remembered how you had treated wounds before to him and his friends. He quietly cursed the nurse for never being at her office.

Jin glanced up at the quiet girl who had broken the silence with that one question, “No reason.”

Yuki furrowed her eyebrows.

Even she knew that wasn’t the truth.

There is always a reason when something is done. She watched him as he rummaged through the shelves and drawers to find what he needed – medicine and band-aids.

“There kept over there,” Yuki gestured to the shelf behind him.

Jin looked over at her and then went to where she and pointed, rubbing is neck awkwardly. Grabbing the necessary items, he went back towards her.

“Stay still alright?” he instructed quietly but firmly.

She nodded and then did as she was told. He cupped her cheeks and examined her face closely for any cuts, bruises. He noted a few and then reached over to apply medication.

Was it just her or did the room suddenly get really warm?

He was close enough that she could feel his breath clearly against her skin.

After apply medication on her face, he began to look at her arms and legs and applied medication where it was appropriate. Afterwards, he put a band-aid on each cut.

“There, I think that’s all of your injuries,” he smiled satisfied to himself and then pulled away.

Yuki tried to give a 90 degree bow, but since she was sitting, all she managed to do was fall off her chair, “Thank you!”

Jin chuckled at her clumsiness and then helped her up, “It’s no big deal.”

“No big deal?” Yuki tilted her head, “It is a pretty big deal. You helped me – the school’s outcast – the Japanese freak.”

She muttered the last part quietly since she was a bit ashamed of that name.

“Don’t call yourself that,” Jin told her, “It’s not true. There’s nothing wrong with you, so you don’t deserve to be called that.”

His words made Yuki feel all warm inside.

The school Kingka was right before her, telling her that she wasn’t what the other girls had always called her.

Smiling at him, she nodded, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

He turned to leave, but he added one more thing, “Smile more. You’re really pretty when you do.”

Was this a dream?

Yuki felt like it was. Never did she dare to imagine a Kingka would say something like that to her. It was completely unbelievable.

If a leader of the Bangtan Fan Club finds out Jin told her something like this…

Her eyes widened.

“Wait!” she called out after him.

Jin glanced back, “Yeah?”

“Please don’t tell anyone that you help treat my wounds!” Yuki got up and bowed once more, successfully, “Please!”

“Why do you want to keep it a secret?”

She glanced up at him to see if the question was serious. Wasn’t it obvious why it needed to be kept secret? Did he have no knowledge what the Fan Club was capable of?

She played with her fingers and looked down, “…They might cause more trouble for me if they knew.”

A moment of silence passed and then Jin opened the nurse’s door, grinning back at her.

“If that happens, I’ll save you again.”

Yuki looked at him in surprise as he left the room.

Did she hear right?

Did he say he was going to save her again?

Happiness overflowed her system and she felt energized again. She felt like she could overcome everything and anything.

It was that instant that she realized something important.

She felt her heart was racing.

However, she shook her head. That just wasn't possible since she had only just talked to Jin for the first time in her life. For her heart to be racing like this, there had to be some mistake.

It just to be.

She didn't believe in love at first sight.