083

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So why are we here?" Chen asks, voice still a little scratchy from his episode but almost fully recovered thanks to Jackson's help and the restrictions placed on him.


"We're telling Avery about us."
 

Kris's statement brings out a mixed reaction, some are happy they no longer have to keep secrets and truly be themselves but there is an underlying fear that everyone shares, knowing that once everything is said and done, there is no turning back.
 

Baekhyun is the one to voice what they're thinking "Why? Why now?"
 

Xiumin sighs a heavy sigh, "With almost all of us bound to her, Avery is in too much danger for us to continue keeping secrets. The demons after her head have only proved that."
 

"She's becoming more and more suspicious about us and we're losing her trust because of how long we've kept everything secret. She's noticed things others wouldn't and she's putting the pieces together on her own. If we tell her instead of letting her piece it together, we regain some of her trust, protect her, and stop her from drawing any false conclusions." Luhan adds.
 

"Yeah about that," Kai starts, "Has anyone else noticed she sees things she shouldn't? Or is it just me?"
 

Chanyeol scoffs, "Everyone sees things they're not supposed to, like you in a tutu."
 

"Hey!"
 

"Chanyeol," Kris growls. The fire Warrior takes his cue to stop while he's ahead. He then turns his attention to Kai, sighing deeply. "It's not just you, Avery does see things she shouldn't"
 

DO interrupts this time. "But as Chanyeol said, doesn't everyone?"
 

"Yes, but she sees things she shouldn't because it shouldn't be possible for her to see them," Luhan explains. "I've seen her memories, I've seen the world through her eyes and she sees things that she shouldn't be able to see. It shouldn't be possible for her to see them."
 

Xiumin takes over at this point, being with Avery the longest, he has the near full list of impossibles. "Two days ago, when she mentioned the purple haze and a bitter taste, she shouldn't have been affected by our magical pressure like that."
 

Tao turns to Luhan then, "So everything you said was total bull?"
 

Luhan shrugs and nods, shamelessly admitting his falsehood. If anything, as Warriors, they should have known it wasn't possible for anything like she was describing to be possible. Being his brothers, they should have been able to tell he was talking out of his .
All the more power to him if he can continue to fool them even after so many years.
 

"So what were they then if they're not what you said?" Kai inquires, interest piqued.
 

Luhan sighs, "That's just it, it's exactly what I said it was-"
 

Baekhyun interrupts "So you weren't lying then?"
 

Luhan glares at the interruption. "I didn't lie when I said it was an effect of our combined magical pressure but how she was able to see it, that I was lying about. We all know that when our energies combine in a way such as what happened, they tend to mold around each other and form a completely new energy which we can see. She shouldn't have been able to sense it let alone see it as it was."
 

"Huh?"
 

"If Avery was anyone else, like Jaebum for example, she wouldn't have seen any purple haze as she said she did, only Warriors should have been able to see our mutated energies. Sure, she might have felt the pressure and have been able to see it once she was in the room with us but from across campus? Impossible. And the bitterness of it, again, shouldn't have been something affecting anyone who is not a Warrior."
 

Xiumin cuts of the conversation at this point, wanting to move things ahead before they start diving down into the complicated specifics of magical pressures and mixing energies. "And remember Christmas? Chanyeol, you lit the fire when Gran couldn't and she growled at you because she thought Gran might see you lighting the match with your abilities."
 

Chanyeol's eyes widen to an almost laughable proportion. "She could see me using my abilities?"
 

Xiumin nods, "We think so. She mentioned your finger glowing and the sparks you used to light the match. Then there's the book, we think she can see the stones connecting as we're summoned. And remember charades? She said Lay was the only one with gold eyes, they should be brown to her."
 

"She also sees my aura," Luhan informs, scratching the back of his neck as he looks to those who he hadn't already told.
 

"Is that why everything she suggests we try with our abilities seems to work?" Chen asks, wondering exactly how much he has been oblivious to.
 

"Um, I think that's more just good guessing," Kris answers with a small smirk.
 

"No," Lay interrupts, all heads turning to him. "It could be part of that. If she was able to see when Chanyeol used his abilities and me when I use mine, then we have to assume she can see all of ours so her making those suggestions mean she instinctively knows the physics behind our abilities and possibly even the extent to which we can use them."
 

"You mean you knew she could see your abilities?" Suho asks sharply. "Why didn't you say something sooner?"
 

Lay holds his hands up in surrender, "I didn't know, it was just a comment she made back when I was first claimed."
 

"What did she say?"
 

"She was asking what our favorite colors were and asked if mine was light green because of my abilities. At the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter