036

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chanyeol's been acting weirdly.
Well weirder than normal anyway.   Ever since his episode on the way home five days ago, Chanyeol's either been bouncing off the walls, seemingly full of caffeine, or locked in his room. There's no in-between unless we're training, in which he goes into what I call 'battle mode', serious and concentrated and then there's how he acted during my breakdown a few days ago.
  Upon asking DO if he had given him coffee, the owl-like Warrior quickly denied having given him anything with even a smidgen of caffeine in it, apparently, they had all agreed long ago to save themselves the trouble of having to deal with him and had put Chanyeol on a permanent caffeine ban.
  I don't even want to know what he did to have them put the ban in place.
  Going to Xiumin and Kris had been fruitless, neither having answers as to why he's acting strange, both just as perplexed by his behavior as I. Chen, who was there when the behavior started, remains just as confused, his best friends extra wide grin still freaking him out, even days later.   Apart from the Chanyeol issue, a lot has changed in less than a week.   Seungri held to his promise and wouldn't allow any Warrior's to be summoned in his class, training us in hand to hand combat and although the class was much slower at progressing, I still got a lot out of it.
  I got so much out of it that I am now able to punch straight and not break my hand if I hit something. Although, let's not go into the details of how I figured that out.   Seungri's also done as he said he would and had spoken to Daesung, who gave us a huge lecture that almost ate through our lunch break and after we finish with our current topics final quiz tomorrow, he'll be doing as our instructor asked of him and will teach us what being a true Summoner entails.
Theories and questions have been floating around in my head since Seungri had screamed at us, the theories becoming more and more outlandish the longer I'm made to wait to know the true answers.
  Why were we Summoners? Why did we exist? How did we begin?
  The questions were eating away at my mind but I am determined not to let them affect me until I have the answers I seek. One more day and the nagging feeling at the back of my mind would go away.
  Currently, we're all outside, the backyard stretching out before us as I ask DO and Xiumin to create their humanoid figures again so we can fight something more than air.
  Once they form a small group of eight total, they stand in our battle formation around me, one we had organized meticulously and had arranged and rearranged several times until we got what we all agreed was our best set up.
  I stand in the middle, Xiumin and Kai on my right, DO and Kris on my left. Directly in front of me are Tao, Chen, and Chanyeol on either side of him so they were free to use their flames without having to worry about hitting the rest of us. Behind me stands Lay, because he's the weakest in battle he is behind us all, able to cover us from the back if the situation calls for it and able to heal anyone as we're all within arms reach of the healer.
  "Fire and Earth take care of the blue ones with the encasing technique. Xiumin, Tao, get the green ones air born." I assign, making sure I tell them which of our premeditated plans I think would be the best to use in our situation.
  Chen and Chanyeol step forwards, moving with Xiumin as Lay slips into his now vacant position on my right. The line of three Warriors face the beings, faces stoic as they focus on their attacks.
  In unison, all three begin their attacks. Xiumin targeting the root and vine beings DO had made, flinging them up high into the air with a large water whip. The two Fire Warriors focus on the air around the blue tinted beings Xiumin had made, the moisture in the air around them disappearing as they could no longer summon their specialty.
  As the Earth beings descend, Tao tracks them with his eyes, slowing their speed to almost a complete standstill as they hover mid-air, suspended by the young Warriors abilities.
  The Water beings slowly start to evaporate as the air around them continues to grow hotter, Xiumin having to focus his abilities on keeping them corporial so that we can finish the attack. Seeing Xiumin's attention turn, DO steps up to make the final move, stomping hard on the grass as a rock prison encases the four beings, allowing the Fire Warriors to draw back their attack and Xiumin to relax.
  Both sets of beings vanish, as does the rock prison, we knew we had won, completing the attacks we set out to perform.
"Well, I think we know all the attack combinations now," I remark as small beads of sweat roll down my forehead, the multiple attacks and personal training I had gotten us to go through before, driving me to the point of near exhaustion despite having trained for longer previously.
  Tao was not a friendly sparring partner. I'll have bruises for days.
  Sluggishly making my way over to the porch, I grab my water bottle and chug desperately as my Warriors sit themselves down on the grass, taking the opportunity to gather their energy for the next set of training we would soon begin.
  A few minutes was all they needed, all looking visibly perkier as they stand and met me as I walk back over to them.
  "I want to try something different today," I say, gaining their attention further as our sole focus for today's training was perfecting what we had already planned out.
  "What do you want to try, Avery?" Kris asks, giving me a mock suspicious look as he crosses his arms over his chest. It had taken a while but finally, Kris had opened up more and was way more comfortable than I ever imagined him becoming around me.   Who knew Kris was a sassy little under his cold exterior?      "I want you to fight real targets, real people, because althoug
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter