078

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KRIS'S POV

We sigh in relief as Avery passes out, forced into sleep by Luhan's abilities before she can hurt herself further, the gashes on her face already enough damage done in her emotional state.


I lift her from the crumpled heap on the ground and take her back to her room, tucking her in and replacing the water glass on her bedside table for when she wakes. Her cuts haven't stopped bleeding and trails of blood begin to leak down towards her pillow so I brush them away and call for DO.
 

"Yea?"
 

"We have gauze patches right? The sticky ones, not the strips," I inquire if anyone would know what medical supplies we have and where it will be it'll be DO because Kai hurts himself way too often for a supposedly graceful Warrior.
 

"I'll go get some. You should probably get some wet toilet paper or face wipes from her bathroom to wipe that blood until I can come back with the alcohol wipes," He suggests as I wipe away another falling bead with my finger.
 

Taking his advice I enter Avery's bathroom and grab some toilet paper, wet it and return just in time to catch another bead running past her ear. The fruity scent of her soap and lotions follow me out and fill the room, drowning out the sour mix of saltine tears and copper blood, I sag as the assault on my nostrils is lifted by my Summoners choice in sweet tropical scents.
 

DO returns with a box filled to the brim with tubes, boxes, and plastic zip-lock bags. A medical arsenal. He pulls out alcohol wipes and instead of wiping at the cuts, he dabs those on one side of her face before placing another clean wipe flat over that side of her face. As he moves onto the other side of her face, I watch as small areas of scarlet seep through the fabric, the cuts irritated by the antibacterial mix they are assaulted with.
 

The usually hard Warrior is now soft and his hands light as he works, his eyes tender with a look I recognize as one usually directed at Kai. This isn't a surprise, Avery has the uncanny ability to make anyone and everyone attached to her, especially my brothers and I.
 

"Lay says he can't use energy healing her cuts because of Chen but as soon as we know what's going on he'll come and heal her so she doesn't scar," DO utters his voice low as if he's afraid any louder will wake our Summoner even though she will undoubtedly sleep for a few more hours.
 

"Good thing Kai's clumsy as hell and we're not always reliant on him then huh?" I attempt to joke but even I know my attempt falls flat and we turn our attention back to the girl resting between us.
 

Once DO is finished, he packs up the box again and returns it to wherever it lives, exiting the room with slumped shoulders and downcast eyes.
 

I brush back the hair that has come untucked from Avery's ears and wince at the sight of the large gauze patches covering most of her face, three stray band-aids covering what the gauze cannot, making her look like the failed reincarnation of Frankenstein's wife.
 

At least she won't have those awful scars some of the others I've seen around the campus have, the silvery-white too faint to be seen by those who have them but standing out like beacons to us Warriors.
 

I brush a finger over the gauze and imagine her scar-free face."Things will get better Avery, I promise."
 

Deciding the others will be getting suspicious by now, I take one last look at Avery and exit the room, sparing only a moment to take in the unusually shimmering gold envelope on her desk before granting her privacy and shutting the door and leaning my head against it as what has happened in the past hour finally hits full force.
 

Now that Avery is alright, I can finally move on to making sure Chen is okay. Hopefully Lay and Luhan have figured out what's wrong with him.
 

I turn the corner into the living room and give the book a hard kick into the wall as I pass, ignoring the bite of the backlash it returns and ignoring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter