057

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I leave the arena, ignoring the terrified and reluctantly impressed stares that follow my every movement on the way out. They're fairly easy to deal with but the passing comments I can't help but overhear would be much easier to ignore if I had my Warrior by my side.


After Baekhyun's attack, it's no surprise that I exit the Second Year campus with a slip of paper, a small silver badge emblazoned with an olive branch attached to the corner. Another champions badge, however, unlike the one I gained from my Summoner-vs-Summoner battle, the olive branch symbolizes that I won the match without putting myself or opposing Summoner in any danger and without my opponent surrendering.


At least, that's what Jay explained after Jiyong was done scolding me.


The schools 'Principle' wasn't all too happy that I temporarily blinded everyone in the stands who didn't heed the warning I made DO give them. But that's not my fault, it's theirs and luckily he had agreed with that fact. Besides, who looks straight something with enough light to compete with the sun?


Temporarily blind Idiots, that's who.
 

Half a minute before DO formed the dome over us, he formed a large boulder and had the words 'Close your eyes' etched on the surface. Those at the top of the stands had no excuse for not seeing it, Jiyong had one of the other staff members check if the warning was able to be seen once someone tried to use their seating position as an excuse for their idiocy.
 

To protect the Instructors, mainly Soyoung, DO gave them the same warning but also formed a second dome over them in case there were any other effects we were unaware Baekhyun's attack would have.
 

Between Xiumin, Lay and myself we thought of every way to protect everyone except for our opponents.
 

Luckily, because of this, I wasn't forced to forfeit the match when everyone who had been blinded was guided down the stands to be healed by Lay and one of Jay's own Warriors, Jiyong himself arguing in my favor against those who decided it was my fault they disregarded my warning.
 

Once that debacle was over with and everyone, including Siyu and her Warriors, had their slight restored, my Warriors retreated back into their cards and I exited the arena, ending up where I am now, standing outside the main campus and looking back towards the red brick buildings that tower over me.
 

With a quick glance at my watch, the bright white numbers reading 5:54 pm, I turn and start a brisk walk back to my house, having only an estimated twenty minutes to shower change and maybe grab a snack on the way out.
 

If I want to get a good spot to watch the Dual battles, I'll need to be there before any of the matches start and with the amount of space my Warriors will be taking up, I'll need to get there extra early so anyone who has a problem with us can just sit somewhere else.
 

Fumbling briefly with my key, I enter the house, take off my shoes and mentally call my Warriors, not liking how quiet it is without them around and making fun of each other.
 

They appear with a faint glow, Kai and Chen efforts in training me to control the light they produce when they are Summoned, sometimes I could completely control it and have them appear with no light, other times I had little to no control over it.
 

Unlike what I first thought when they started helping me control it, despite females being better at multi-tasking, I still find it hard to concentrate on calling out mentally and suppressing an aura of colored light while also trying not to jump at their sudden appearances.
If there were only one or two appearing at once, that I can manage but nine? No way.
 

"We won!" Chanyeol screams in joy, not able to celebrate back at the arena with almost everyone yelling at us in fury.
 

"Yes, we know Chanyeol. We were there," Kris sighs and for a moment I wonder if they're still able to communicate in their cards because it's as if he's already annoyed with Chanyeol's hyper antics, yet usually, that takes at least half an hour or so.
 

Sensing his annoyance, Chanyeol deflates and shuffles further away from Kris, not wanting to incur his wrath should he continue any further.
 

"The dual battles start at 6:30, so if any of you want to come and watch them with me you need to be ready to go by ten-past so we can get the good spots," I warn, pulling my laces one last time as the knot comes undone and my shoes slide off easily.
 

I place my shoes in the small cubby by the door and take off upstairs with one last warning to those who want to come with me, reminding them of their deadline and that I won't wait for them if they're late.
 

With darkness beginning to fall over the Academy, I pick out warm clothes to change into and after stripping off my card case and removing the leather around my neck, the eight beads clinking slightly as they hit the surface of my desk, I close the door of my bathroom.
 

Ten minutes is all it takes for me to emerge from the steamy room, smelling of sweet tropical fruits and barefaced, my hair still up in its high ponytail and the small braid still in one piece despite the few fly-away hairs.
 

I make my way downstairs after hooking my cardcase to the waist of my baggy sweat pants and reclipping my necklace around my neck. With my hands deep in my oversized hoodie, my sock-clad feet make contact with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter