069

Descended FromThe Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Dear Student
My name is Lee Avery and at the insistence of Seunghyun, I am writing---   I screw up the paper and add it to the ever-growing pile in the trash bin. While it took a while, I've finally found time to write to the student Seunghyun suggested and considering his last piece of advice worked and got Luhan to accept me and open him up a bit, I've made myself a promise to attempt his method of therapy.
While I'm still unsure about actually sending a letter to a complete stranger, it's reassuring to know they're on campus and therefore are not some e hunting for new victims to sell into human trafficking or something of that sort.
  The prospect of having someone to talk to about my problems outside of my Warriors and Seunghyun is appealing and the concept of a potential friend is even more so. Upon speaking to Kris about Seunghyun's idea for a mental support pen-pal of sorts, he surprisingly offered his support and told me to go for it if I feel it would help me.
  Not that I was expecting him to shut down the idea completely, but the fact that he didn't offer any resistance or even try and warn me off of the idea surprised me, usually he's very staunch in his stance about other Summoners being backstabbers and toxic.
  At even the mere mention of Amber, Henry or Eric, all of whom I have had several small conversations with in passing and could by now probably consider them friends, he screws up his face and tries to divert the topic of conversation in the most subtle ways possible.
  He's not creative when it comes to conversation topic though, and nine times out of ten he ends up asking about the weather, that of which has been relatively constant lately.
  I tap my pen on the paper pad in thought and try to form the beginning of my letter before wasting more paper.
  The first letter is always the hardest, this much I know and it's being proved time and time again as the pile of paper balls grows bigger around my trash bin.
  Even the first letter home to Gran was hard to construct. There was just so much I wanted to say but either couldn't find the right words or actually couldn't tell her because of the school's confidentiality agreement.
  I remember the first letter to my parents was even harder to form. Back in the early days after their death, Gran sent me to a child counselor named Ms. Taylor and she suggested that I regularly write to my parents, either in one letter or separately then burn it to ashes to send it to them, my way of remaining close to them although they're gone.
  The method worked and I remember every Sunday night I would throw an envelope or two into the fireplace. I'd watch as the edges charred and the paper was eaten away by the flames until nothing was left. During those times I imagined my parents sitting on fluffy white clouds and reading the letter I had just sent them.
  While slightly unconventional, the councilors method worked and it's success most likely plays a part in why I'm even partially open to Seunghyun's idea.
  However, my constant trips are also why I didn't go and find Seunghyun in the first place, apart from not knowing he was available to students, whenever a councilor is mentioned all that comes to mind is the old, condescending hag I'd gone to before Gran found Ms. Taylor.
  The thought of her sneers, sugar-coated words and fake smiles make me shiver even now.
  Shaking the horrid visage from my mind, I put my ballpoint back to the paper and start again, actually thinking through my words before penning them down.     To Mystery Student, I don't know the name of,
  I'll leave the option up to you if you want to be known as such or if you want to exchange names if you wish to also take our mutual friend's advice and continue corresponding.
  For now, I'll tell you a little about me.
  I'm a First Year and due to such, I live in the West sector of houses, actually I live on West Grove. My house backs onto the forest and I go for walks in it when I feel the need to get away from my Warriors.
  What year are you? What's your area/house like?
  I have 10 Warriors, most of whom are hyperactive and loud. They're a little much sometimes but when the calmer ones take control and keep the more difficult ones in line, they're fine. With a mix of affinities, the Fire Warriors tend to be the most active of the lot and tend to run circles around everyone until they burn themselves out (sometimes literally).
  How many Warriors do you have? What are their affinities?
  Our mutual friend Seunghyun gave me your address (don't worry I'm not a stalker) and gave me the option of writing to you, suggesting we become therapy pen-pals of a sort. I was told he'd suggest the same to you as well but I'm not sure if he'll do so before or after you receive this letter.
  While the first letter is a little soon to spill my guts, I was told our pasts are similar in the fact that we both lost our parents at a young age and don't remember them well because of this, lacking parental guidance throughout our pre-teen and teen years.
  I had my Gran but it wasn't the same.
  Who did you have, if you don't mind me asking? What was your life like after you lost them? Was it difficult?
  On a lighter side, I'm writing in hopes that not only will you reply but that we may grow to be friends through correspondence, I don't have friends because someone in my class started a rumor about me during the first week and everyone kinda hates me now.
  Apparently 6 months later I'm still only 3 months pregnant with our teacher's child.
  Do Summoners usually not get taught math? Please tell me your not lacking brain cells.
  Anyway, I was taught Mandarin Chinese for a few years and am now fluent in the language, I've also picked up a few phrases of Shanghainese and Cantonese along the way, the languages are very similar but still confusing and hard to
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter